TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has always seemed that BSG was intended to operate at a faster launch speed. Could it be that they would be modifying it to operate at it's intended launch speed? That would seem to make sense, if they are welding track joints to make them tighter and possibly adding a trim brake to the ride.

With the Zamperla coaster, I suspect they are going for a version of Pteradon that does not suck.

It has always seemed that BSG was intended to operate at a faster launch speed. Could it be that they would be modifying it to operate at it's intended launch speed? That would seem to make sense, if they are welding track joints to make them tighter and possibly adding a trim brake to the ride.

With the Zamperla coaster, I suspect they are going for a version of Pteradon that does not suck.

They already did with Canopy Flyers

Between a Puss In Boots Coaster and a Madagascar Dark Ride, I don't know what I would be more excited to ride.

I'm puzzled as to why Universal Studios Singapore needs a third suspended coaster. They already have the Cyclon side on Battlestar Galactics and they also have Canopy Flyer. Maybe we will see the latter removed since this will most likely be very similar in layout to it.

• 3 weeks later...
^&^^I've never ridden a volare so I'm curious: what is it that people dislike about them? Roughness? Layouts? ....

I've ridden 3 and they're all pretty much the same. Shaky transitions with a side of headbanging. The inversions are probably the smoothest part of the ride.

^&^^I've never ridden a volare so I'm curious: what is it that people dislike about them? Roughness? Layouts? ....

I've ridden 3 and they're all pretty much the same. Shaky transitions with a side of headbanging. The inversions are probably the smoothest part of the ride.

That added with the fact the train is like some form of prison with those bars at the front! I think I've been on 2 of them and I feel no need to ever go on one again!

For myself, you are put in such an un-natural postion (lying down, face down etc.), and from the two I have been on, you really don't see too much in the actual riding experience of it all. You can't look side-to-side much at all, and it just got frustrating, physically, for myself to deal with it. When I got off, I sighed relief. And felt to see if my chest was still intact, ha ha.

281323936_ResizeofIMG_5923.JPG.a87e4be7cac20bf7e5e05eaa32e391f6.JPG

There it is, down to the right, there. In Sarkarnneimi park, Finland. And apparently, of these two

I have ridden, people told me this was the better of the two. Uh huh. Noted.

I'm curious with all that talk about retheming Battlestar that went on a few pages ago, if they would ever consider turning the whole sci-fi area into just a transformers area when it reopens, instead of humans/cylons turning it into autobots/decepticons. I love my what the frak t-shirt and loved the tv series, but the ride always seemed one of the quietest on my visits, perhaps turning the red sides trains into something optimus primish and the blue side into megatrons would help revitalize it. Converting the battlestar and cylon ship into transformers ships wouldn't be too hard. Coming 2015, Transformers: Battle for Cybertron.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We are visiting Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we will be going to Universal. We are both on the large body size, and wondering what sort of body size restrictions may be in force, especially the Mummy ride. We fit in a normal car seat belt, and don't need seat belt extenders in a plane.

Any information gratefully received.

Hi

We are visiting Singapore in a couple of weeks, and we will be going to Universal. We are both on the large body size, and wondering what sort of body size restrictions may be in force, especially the Mummy ride. We fit in a normal car seat belt, and don't need seat belt extenders in a plane.

Any information gratefully received.

Hello MrShoes, you may want to visit the "Rider's Guide" provided by Universal Studios Singapore. There is a "Descriptions and Restrictions" content on page 12. Hope I helped !

Rider's Guide link: http://www.rwsentosa.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=pr6dbzZ%2bECs%3d&tabid=962&mid=8113&language=en-US

Source: http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Homepage/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore

• 1 month later...

http://rcdb.com/4328.htm

I'm talking about the really strange inverted/sitdown Vekoma racing coaster that is at Universal Studios in Singapore. It looks like a really cool ride and it's been SBNO since last year. I'm curious to know what happened to it?

With that in mind, Vekoma really needs to think about adopting a brand new style of track for a new kind of mass-produced SLC. I feel like the new style of Vekoma track would make for a much more smooth and thrilling ride than the hang and bang's were all too familiar with.