TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like the park has struggled too much without the ride, so I'd imagine the coasters' removal would not affect the park any more than it has to date.

It didn't seem to have much effect when it was open, when I visited transformers had an hour wait, with the mummy and the Jurassic rides with 40 minutes on the other side of battlestar and even then with 1 train operation and single rider the trains were leaving half empty. Makes me wonder if it was removed if we'd see a big/thrilling roller-coaster again or if they'll stick to milder rides. If it's not too Japanese, i'd love to see a space fantasy clone in sci-fi city

• 1 month later...

I'd also be interested to see if they'd be willing (or able) to have Premier design new trains, similar to what they've done for the GIB at SFNE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only the sit down coaster who has been having problems?

Seems like the inverted ride have been doing fine.

I was under the impression that it was a seat from the inverted side that came off. Could be wrong though.

I'd also be interested to see if they'd be willing (or able) to have Premier design new trains, similar to what they've done for the GIB at SFNE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only the sit down coaster who has been having problems?

Seems like the inverted ride have been doing fine.

I was under the impression that it was a seat from the inverted side that came off. Could be wrong though.

I think that was the first incident, this second closure was apparently due to the human side of the ride.

^From Cylon haters?

Those frakkin toasters, which reminds me I forgot to ask does anyone know if they still sell the "what the frak?" t-shirts even though the ride is closed? I got a red t-shirt with it on but I really wanted the black which wasn't in my size when I visited

If Universal Studios Singapore wanted a solid dueling coaster, why did they not just ask B&M for a Dueling Dragons clone? I never did understand why they went with an unproven Vekoma concept. I would guess that price was a big factor, but Universal makes money hand over fist, I think that they can afford the hypothetically more expensive B&M.

Those frakkin toasters, which reminds me I forgot to ask does anyone know if they still sell the "what the frak?" t-shirts even though the ride is closed?

When I was there last month, I remember seeing "What the frak?" while in the gift shop. I don't remember if it was on a t-shirt or if it was painted onto the wall, but I know Universal still has it in the park.

If Universal Studios Singapore wanted a solid dueling coaster, why did they not just ask B&M for a Dueling Dragons clone? I never did understand why they went with an unproven Vekoma concept. I would guess that price was a big factor, but Universal makes money hand over fist, I think that they can afford the hypothetically more expensive B&M.

I'm guessing money. Vekoma will have made them an extremely generous offer to place a prototype in their park. They did something similar when they placed their motorbike prototype in Toverland.

If Universal Studios Singapore wanted a solid dueling coaster, why did they not just ask B&M for a Dueling Dragons clone? I never did understand why they went with an unproven Vekoma concept.

Because they wanted the ride design the way it is, with a launched lift hill, and why ask B&M to build a coaster they don't want to, as opposed to ask a company who would love to do it?

Sure B&M have now changed their mind about launch coasters, but this park was in the planning since 2006, and then they were not to found of the launch concept.

I would guess that price was a big factor, but Universal makes money hand over fist, I think that they can afford the hypothetically more expensive B&M.

The money were probably not a big factor in the decision, because the Battlestar Galactica was a real expensive ride. Also remember that while the park have a Universal brand, it is not owned or operated by Universal if I remember correctly, the developers of the park just license it. So Universal making lot's of money isn't really relevant.

Edited by _koppen