TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ACE

TatsuXtreme

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your stereotype and rudeness to the members that belong to it. That is what bothers me.

It's wrong to generalize like that about any type of organization or group. I could give examples, but it is better I do not.

Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site,

if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!

If you've ever read any of our posts or updates, or ever seen any of our videos you'd know that we make FUN of everyone...including OURSELVES!!!

Yes, that is right, TPR makes more fun of TPR than ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION OUT THERE!!!

We are an "equal opprotunity offender" and if we manage to offend you somehow, we have done our job well!

And if you can't laugh at it, then TPR is not the site for you.

--Robb

• 2 weeks later...
How the hell does anybody in ace ruin it "for everybody else"?

Other then that holiday world accident which delayed future events, what other situations have effected you personally?

I think he was referring to the fact that unlike those so-called "ACE-hole"s that enjoy the attention they get for acting how they want and when they want, the laid-back and nice ACEers, who are least responsible for the club having it's bad rap among some, are unfortunately the ones who suffer most from it.

I am an ACEr myself. Pretty much everything else I would say on this matter has been said already, so rather than re-hash I'm just going to state that after reading all these mixed opinions of ACE I've decided to do one thing.

I'm going to attend a couple events this year, and see for myself. I'll give the club a shot before I pass any judgement of my own, and if it turns out that there are enough obnoxious people to annoy me, I cna always leave the club and maybe it'll be easier for me to make fun of them like R&E do. Otherwise, I suspect I'll be both a TPR and an ACE member, like Eric.

Joseph "Just thought I'd get my 2 cents in before this thread gets closed" Frombaugh

I've been in ACE for 3 or 4 years now and after my membership expires in two years, I'm not renewing. It's a total wastle of money and you can get into their events with a guest. The events that they have really aren't all that great anyways. The ERT is nice, but it's all just a bunch of old fat farts who aren't social at all. That $180 that I'm spending for a three year membership could easily pay for half or one third of one of my trips for next year.

The one nice thing about the events is that most of them are on saturdays, so if you're planning a trip with friends, you can go to the event on a saturday. That way you get ERT and don't have to wait in long lines during the day for the big rides.

I'm hoping that after awhile a lot of the older people who run ACE will leave or not be in control so that the organization can become more fun and have trips instead of single day events.

^ Don't count on that---they keep on breeding new "old" members and the cycle will continue. That's why I just get the publications and attend local media events when I can, and stay the heck out of the governing end of it.

Eric

^ To be honest, I like it, and it's about the only thing keeping me in ACE besides the occasional media event. But there are better publications out there. I've heard that the European Coaster Club (ECC) has a great magazine. I'll have to check that out.

Eric

It's decent, mostly it's just nice to have a bunch of pictures to look at when you're not online.

It would be nicer however, if you actually got the quarterly color issue the season it was published in! As ParkTips said, the only thing in ACE that comes in time is a membership renewal letter!

My experience with ACE was mostly good- but I still let my membership lapse a few years back....

I joined through an unlikely connection of my Mother and one of the editors of ACE back in 1991- and I had a LOT of fun those first few years (I was out of HS and was able to drive to many of the events) and had some great times then; I was still relatively new to coasters at that point, and was getting my training wheels off.

I know of how the innards there work, and I'm disappointed with some of the members' attitudes towards things. In all reality, it is good to be a diverse group of people who can then SHARE their expereinces in parks and on rides, but as a whole I'm MUCH happier with TPR as my 'source' for coaster fun- it's better to laugh AT yourself, then to shun those who laugh at your mistakes and your silliness... Heaven knows how big a fool I can make of myself- and here I feel I can do it without being an outcast!

I got my renewal letter right on time today! But I’m probably not going to renew, it's not worth 60 bucks a year for 4 short magazines with color pictures and some newsletters with information I knew moths before.

With TPR, I don't need ACE.