TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

An ACEr that lost weight?

bgwfreak

I've been back to cycling for about a month seriously (before that on and off) and yesterday after my 5 mile ride I was like...hey that was actually pretty easy!

When I started back I'd be out of breath by the end of the ride and yesterday it was like...ok what next. lol

Running is not for me, especially at my weight. That's just a lot more to run around with. lol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did something today I haven't done in a very long time.

I bought a LARGE sized sweatshirt (on clearnace of course)!!!

It's been a very long time since an XLarge was too big on me.

I think I'll probably fit on TTD and MF now, but I'm still trying to lose another 10lbs. But as it's 3 weeks from yesterday, I've resigned myself to the fact it might not happen.

Doesn't mean I haven't been doing all I can to lose weight.

Free weights, cycling, aerobics, walking. And just being more active. Oh and watching calories and fat...that's what I'm doing.

Thanks for the many encouraging posts and to my fellows that are in this struggle...you can do it! I'm 46lbs lighter and if I can do it without surgery, then YOU CAN TOO!

Wow I sound like Richard Simmons.

Well I seem to be back on track again...I'm back down a total of 49lbs as of this morning!!!

Word of advice, don't ever try Hydroxycut. It's a total ripoff and it didn't make me lose a bit of weight and actually gave me headaches!

I was just curious if it would help me boost my metabolism, but all it did was suppress my appetitie, which was good I guess.

^ I read that was one of the side effects along with dizziness, blurred vision and nose bleeds. Maybe that's because of the caffeine it has.

I picked up a bottle of "Tight! Hardcore" a few weeks back and that stuff is loaded with caffeine too; but they say not to take anything that contains caffeine in it. I have a high tolerance for caffeine so it doesn't bother me. I've also loaded up with supplements with nitric oxide in it as well. Not sure if the supplements had anything to do with it but i've lost a lot of fat around my midsection and starting to get cut. Not mention my previous four pack is going towards the six. I'm going to try get my body fat percentage done again this week to see if there was any change.

I tried to use google to find side effects like i did hydroxycut, but you can imagine when you put "tight" and "hardcore" together you'll get totally different results! I gave up.

Has anyone seen Jack Osbourne lately? He's lost a TON of weight!

He was never what I'd call huge before, but he's lost at least 50lbs now and cut his hair.

I didn't even recognize him at first on TV. Apparantly he lost it in hopes of climbing some silly mountain.

But looks like he's keeping it off and he's gotten off drugs too.

E is running their True Hollywood Story about him and the rest of the Osbournes. I think it just came out recently..

It's stories like that that keep me motivated. I figure if someone that is a lot worse off than me physically (because of all the drugs he used to do) can lose weight, then I certainly can as I've never done drugs or been drunk a day in my life.

I have been walking a heck of a lot more lately at least a mile a day. Today I walked for about 2 miles or so and am planning on doing another mile tonight. I have also been cutting back on my food intake (except for Memorial Day which nearly killed me food wise). I am going to CP this saturday so I should have a progress report then hopefully anyway.

hey

i've read your post since you started . Congratulations i also need to lose weight i'm about 250lbs and i'm tall .

I can't ride the regular Seats on those B&M but i can ride the Big Boy Seats . Wooden Coaster it depends who built it . Itamin with a Seatbelt forget it .

I absolutely need to loose weight for my health and i'll ride more coaster . I've ridden Expedition Ge Force with 3 Ride op to help me to buckle up my seatbelt .

let me tell you you have all my support and go for it . Good luck to you .

Instead of walking, try jogging. You'll lose weight fast. Even if your jogging pace is almost as slow as your walking pace, it's still progress. You'll be sweating millions of gallons. Sweating and being out of breath means you've used up a lot of energy, and using energy translates into weight loss. If you enjoy walking, then you will love jogging and running.

^I know my friend had problems jogging because his arches fell when he gained all that weight... jogging isn't for everyone.

However you DO have to do activities that get your heart rate up to a particular level for your age and weight in order to lose weight. My friend used to walk and it did him no good until he got on a treadmill and monitored his heart rate... which I had been telling him to do all along. Then the weight started coming off. Now that he's over 100 lbs lighter he is able to do interval jogging... his goal is to get his abs flat now! He told me he has to catch up to me now that I got the beginnings of my six pack showing.

If you don't have access to the treadmill go to a department store and get either a pedometer or a watch that measures your heart rate. They don't cost that much and you can measure your progress.

And watch your diet while you're working out! If you're starting to work out but you're still eating fast food you're wasting your time. Eat smaller, healthier meals.

Terry

When I had to lose some weight, I started running. Granted it was hard at first, eventually my body came used to the repetitive force, and now I run everyday with no problems. But I'm younger so I don't know how that plays into it.

Congrats Wes on your weight loss.

^ Thanks Dude.

p.s. Jessica Alba was only 10 miles from me this weekend !!! It got about 5 degrees hotter that day in Charlotte. LOL

They were in town at the race to promote the new Fantastic Four movie. Since I hate NASCAR and refuse to go near the track on race weekend, she didn't get to see me and ask me out.

Running isn't great on your knees, so I haven't run since high school. But I do cycling and it burns almost as many calories, but is very easy on the joints and such.

Running shouldn't hurt your knees. If it does, then there is something wrong. It's either a medical condition or your form. My old track coach used to scream at some people "BEND THOSE KNEES!" Some people don't kick their feet high enough with control, or pump those arms correctly.

Back on the subject of weight loss, walking a mile a day is sort of meh. I mean, if you weigh a lot and it's a hot day, then it should do a little help. But if it is easy, then you're not trying hard enough. Going back to quotes from my old track coach, "If it's not hard, then MAKE IT HARD!" Shoot for 5 miles. Once you can walk 5 miles with relative ease, shoot for 10 miles. You never know what you can do until you try. Maybe you'll lose weight faster with more milage and it'll still be easy.

^ That poor kid he looks scared to death. Anyway another update with me I lost another 8 pounds. I am hoping to be down about another 20 or more by the end of the summer. btw Wes you should have little to no problems with maverick. The seats are pretty big and that harness allows for a lot of room.

Yeah, I'm just concerned most about Milly.

That's the one that I will be very close on.

I've tried and tried to get over this plataeu I'm on, but I just can't budge.

Oh well, 50lbs is still nothing to sneeze at and hopefully I'll start losing again very soon.

<----- Post 1001 wOOt!

I want to congratulate everyone on this forum (and most specifically bgwfreak) for the slow victory over the battle with their weight. I also have struggled with my weight my whole life (I was 16 years old and 335 lbs...6'1") and am finally making progress. I started at 248 and I've lost 10 lbs so far. My goal is to get down to 200 by the end of the year. On a related note, any of the guys here have any imput on a workout routine? Anyone have a good one or know where to find one? I just joined a gym here and I am going regularly now so any imput is appreciated.

I've tried and tried to get over this plataeu I'm on, but I just can't budge.

Oh well, 50lbs is still nothing to sneeze at and hopefully I'll start losing again very soon.

If you've plateaued, then you'll need to up your aerobic activity. If you're walking you're going to have to move faster to an almost jog. Just stay consistent and don't get discouraged; the scale will start moving again!

resonancej, you can find some beginning tips at http://www.bodyforlife.com

That's where I started my program from.

^Thanks!

You know I say I look much better now at 39 than I did at 19; and I'm 4 years older than you--so you can definitely do what I did. Granted it takes a lot of effort and dedication, but the results are definitely worth it. I'm waiting for a picture from my best friend that lost 100lbs over the last year, but he says that he's gotten a lot of compliments--not to mention hit on!

I went in for a checkup Tuesday and in the waiting room I was reading Prevention magazine and they talked about weight loss. The mag said that you will definitely hit plateaus when your body is thinking you are losing too much weight at once; just up your aerobic activity and stay on it and it will start moving again. Just don't stop because you think it's not working! Even if you don't increase it, just be consistent and eventually it will start moving as well.

A lot of my progress has revolved around my eating habits and daily activities. I think now I've finally got all the pieces together for my fitness program. I've gone to the grocery store a lot more for my food and cut down on the fast food; and I'm in the gym after I get off from work. I'm going to have to do a bit of research for this Midwest Trip on how to eat the healthiest food and not fall too far off the wagon. I do know I will be eating White Castles everytime I see the building! That's my weakness...