TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Saddam to Hang for war crimes

I am happy this f@#$#@ bustard is dead now.

I wanna share with you my story and point of view.

I live in Israel and 12 years ago during the first gulf war he dropped bombs on us , in Tel Aviv which is like every other city you know.

I was younger and this even was so so so so traumatic to me. It was 45 days without any sleep during night.

I remember I was so afraid as we knew he got a chemical weapon and I didnt move without my gas mask anywhere.

Even know just looking at a picture of a gas mask makes me shivering.

Few Scud missles fell down near my house which ,means although we were in the shlter we fwlt it hard and later when we went home I remember the pictures on the wall weren't at the same place.

For many of you Sadam is bad because you know the stories. I am lucky not to live in iraq uder Sadam but for me these are not just stories it was part of my reality for a aperiod of time.

This man was pure evil. His people suffered so much and the trial focuse just on few stories . I dont need to see him dead. It is enough for me to know he was executed.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Saddam was a bad guy who killed lots of good people but

getting him hung to death is kind of stuffs like against to human

rights since every kinda people have the rights with it. I guess

people who hate any kinda death penalties would say this might

let Iraq go wrong way like getting lots of terrorisms going more

than ever now. People would say this is sorta goodness for him

though but what made Iraq put him to death so fast like only 4

days from its sentence? The box mighta said he would never

congrats 2007..... yes that was truth..... he passed away.....

Hope the Iraq would be a peaceful place.

Saddams death will not solve anything. It probably wont even change much. His power and his followers were pretty much gone as soon as the "great leader" was seen being pulled out of a hole in the ground.

What is dangerous is the ideas. Saddams execution will not kill the idea. In Iraq Saddam is old news, there are too many other factions trying to get control themselves now, who dont really give a flying whatnot about him. In fact they are probably glad hes gone cos it gives them a chance for power.

Its very hard to kill an idea. An idea is why the Twin Towers came down. An idea is why the London bombings happened. An idea is why Saddam gassed the kurds, and an idea is why so many people think its right to thrust democracy on countries which are simply too volatile to accept it.

Saddam is not the problem, neither is the people or even the religeons. Its the ideas that they carry, and nothing will improve until those ideas start to change.

"At least the hangman showed mercy. He put the noose on sideways so he would die instantly." (mr_teisco_delrey)

That is the correct way to position a noose. When the prisoner drops, his neck will snap, rendering him unconscious immediately. Death will come within minutes.

If you do some research, you can find this out as I did.

Eric

Death is NEVER a solution.

Ill just pray for hes soul now and ill also pray for all the people in the world that are glad and joyfull of seeing more deaths (and that includes all the people that are glad and joyfull for seeing saddams death)

Joel "some times dissapointed with human race" Saury

"At least the hangman showed mercy. He put the noose on sideways so he would die instantly." (mr_teisco_delrey)

That is the correct way to position a noose. When the prisoner drops, his neck will snap, rendering him unconscious immediately. Death will come within minutes.

If you do some research, you can find this out as I did.

Eric

Untill I just read that I was unaware that you were not killed instantly. I thought that as soon as your neck snapped, you were dead, didnt know it took time before you actually died.

Colin C

^ Well sure, unless your spinal cord is severed your heart will continue to beat until the O2 in your blood is used up.

I'd imagine that your diaphram would spasm trying to get air in your lungs as well.

Can't wait for the video to see how an actual hanging is done, not that fake hollywood crap.

-Don

I am glad they wiped that bastard off the face of the earth!! He deserved it in every way! Wished I was the henchman!

Death is NEVER a solution.

Ill just pray for hes soul now and ill also pray for all the people in the world that are glad and joyfull of seeing more deaths (and that includes all the people that are glad and joyfull for seeing saddams death)

Joel "some times dissapointed with human race" Saury

Too late his soul is burning in hell now!! Also it is more of a sense of relief that he is dead now. He cant kill or torture another living soul now!! Dont have to worry about any prison breaks or possible rescues. He is dead!

Hey the munchkins celebrated the death of the witch in Wizard of Oz. So I am gona celebrate the death of Sadam. Ding dong Sadam is dead, the evil Sadam is dead.. ding dong the evil Sadam is deadddddd!!!

Im just a little surprised the way some people seem to be joyfully revelling in this. I can maybe understand that people are glad he has been executed even if I dont agree with it myself. But I do not understand why anyone would want to watch it. I think its sick. It makes them no better than Saddams henchmen, watching as their victims were killed.

I will say, it's not making my job any more fun. Yesterday there was at least one guest who thought of themselves far smarter than they really are who, when seeing the hanging man in Stretch, went "Look, it's Saddam". Meh. Oh well. My opinion on the situation is that he murdered a whole fleet of people and I have a feeling, given who he is, the punishment was carried out as it should have. I'm not one generally for capital punishment, but I cannot imagine a life sentence being carried out very well in this case.