TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Saddam to Hang for war crimes

^ I respect the way you think.

But I also think that if you think that are people that were not created to be with God, then u dont understand fully the message and life of Christ.

Its a Christians job to know that all people have the chance and no matter what attrocities you commit, you can still have a chance.

However, being one, I still understand that getting everyone isnt possible.

However, I feel that attitude of "Not all will make it so thats why hell was created" is completely ignorant. Thats not why hell was created...

With that out of the way and back on topic----

Im still undecided. Yes, he did alot of really barbaric things, but, looking at it on the most basic level of just doing something wrong, whos not in the same boat with him? Who here hasnt even wished death on someone?

Plus theres the whole angle of him being a martyr and we all know that doesnt help the cause.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^for me, it's not about being emotionally human regarding this. I'm just tired of taking people with life sentances, or deathrow cases that last twenty years and feeding, clothing and medically taking care of these scumbags while a great many more are denied services because they either don't have good insurance, any insurance or make too much to get public assistance.

People would guess Saddam's hang is the best way to get punished

but Europe guys might not guess so since lots of Europe country

must not carry its sentence out for human rights. I think Hang to

death sentence for him is not right if he was even a very person who

murdered around 200 people..... but only stuff we need to follow:

never let him outta the pen.

Do you guys think that 3000 American lives, and countless Iraqi lives are worth the death of 1 man??

Exact quote from an Iraqi citizen "With Saddam in power, there was no light at the end of the tunnel. With the Americans in power there is no tunnel. I will never live a peaceful life."

c'mon, you know you could find someone in Iraq willing to pleasure George W. Bush for the good deeds that he has done.

.. and I think you are forgetting that the entire regime is now gone, and most of them have been killed or imprisoned.

I think the death of Saddam Hussein should be looked at as a GOOD thing whether or not you support the war at this point - hopefully it will allow the Iraqi people to be more confident in the new government and not have to look back at the Hussein regime. If they turn him into a martyr and continue to blow themselves up, oh well, they are bound to run out of bodies...

Whoever the judge was in this case is a murderer. He's sentanced a man (doesn't matter if they are guilty or not) to death. Nobody should have to right to take life from anyone.

Even though I don't agree with the death penalty.. If anyone is sentanced with it I would much rather have it done by lethal injection.

Hanging is just such a terrible way to kill someone. Purposefully breaking someones neck..

I know he's commited horrific crimes.. But i'd much rather see him rot in a prison somewhere for the rest of his life scrubbing toilets.

Whoever the judge was in this case is a murderer. He's sentanced a man (doesn't matter if they are guilty or not) to death. Nobody should have to right to take life from anyone.

He sentenced a man that has himself taken hundreds maybe thousands of lives away to death.

Have you even seen what Saddam did to the judge during the trial? That judge must have had the most stressful months of his lives!

I know he's commited horrific crimes.. But i'd much rather see him rot in a prison somewhere for the rest of his life scrubbing toilets.

I respect your opinion, but are you willing to feed and take care of him for the rest of his life? Will you fork over the money for this?

I sure don't want to.

You guys (and myself) have paid for the people on death row for years and years and I can bet that no one here can tell me just how much actually comes out of your pocket.

You also cant tell me that with him in or out you would bring home more money this year or get a few dollars more in your tax return.

So, dont give us the whole "do you want to pay?" because sure, Ill pay.

And my taxes wont budge a bit or anything from the normal.

You guys (and myself) have paid for the people on death row for years and years and I can bet that no one here can tell me just how much actually comes out of your pocket.

It's approximately $20,000+ a year to house and feed an inmate.. if that's what you mean. So yea, a minor bump in an individual filing, but it can add up. And then you equate in how many years of support... which for Saddam it may not be many more, but still...

You also cant tell me that with him in or out you would bring home more money this year or get a few dollars more in your tax return.

You are right, since the Iraqi's are paying AFAIK.

I think the death of Saddam Hussein should be looked at as a GOOD thing whether or not you support the war at this point - hopefully it will allow the Iraqi people to be more confident in the new government and not have to look back at the Hussein regime.

For once, I actually agree with part of one of Jow's posts relating to current world affairs!

I don't support the war. But in my opinion, the guy NEEDS to die. Anybody who's followed the trial knows what an absolute farce it's been in some respects. Saddam has had a franky terrifying influence for far too long, and this needs to be done. I agree with Ed in that lethal injection is generally a less upsetting idea, but to be honest if there was one person I'd like to see hanged, it'd be Hussein. And at the end of the day, his sentence comes from the Iraqi justice system I believe, and in their culture hanging is the method of choice. Fair enough I say.

^ That actually depends on the method of hanging, whether he's strung up or whether he's pushed off/the floor drops from beneath him. The former would cause asphyxiation to occur, the latter would break his neck. I'm honestly not sure which method is the preferred in Iraq.

Do you guys think that 3000 American lives, and countless Iraqi lives are worth the death of 1 man??

Exact quote from an Iraqi citizen "With Saddam in power, there was no light at the end of the tunnel. With the Americans in power there is no tunnel. I will never live a peaceful life."

With all due respect Bush forced noone to join the army and go over to Iraq they knew that we were at war. Saddam killed who knows how many of his own people. So yeah there is a bit of a diffence there.

You've Americans really should know what we think of this "news"... almost everyone in the EU thinks that the hanging of Saddam will make the "war" worse then it already is, and all thanks to our great Texas Cowboy.

No, kill him is not the solution. It's for him physical worse to let hem stay in jail for the rest of his life, then kill hem in "10 seconds".

I go by a simple rule. Eye for an eye!

If you kill someone or people you simple should get the penelty of death. It is only fair and just! I really dont understand why who ever kills someone get a change to live. The death penelty is pefect.

For those that believe in heaven and hell. He deserves to go to hell! Living and being in prison the rest of his life is utterly nothing compared to frying in the depths of hell for eternity. Although I believe every human on earth deserves a chance to go to heaven and be forgiven. I also personally believe he deserves hell and the way this man is and how he thinks, there is no hope at all for his soul to be saved because it was HIS choice to be who he is and do the things he did. Not only that but he conciously chose to do the things he did! Evil in everyway!!

I also dont understand the sympathy people have on him either. Yes I know he is human but what he did wasn't human like at all. So I dont believe he should be treated as a human but as a monster who deserves what is coming to him.

You know how that saying goes. You reap what you sow... and its his time to reap what he sowed!!

You've Americans really should know what we think of this "news"... almost everyone in the EU thinks that the hanging of Saddam will make the "war" worse then it already is, and all thanks to our great Texas Cowboy.

No, kill him is not the solution. It's for him physical worse to let hem stay in jail for the rest of his life, then kill hem in "10 seconds".

The problem is the EU wish to have quiet and don't care about the price of this silence. The thig is that this silence is just the promo beofre the big storm.

Sadam should be killed because :

1. he is convicted for murdering over 200 people (and there are many more but the trial oprefered to focus only on one case which is enough already)

2. This is the winning of Democracy and West over dark forces that Sadam represnt.

3. If Sadam stay alive in jail , his people will keep fighting and to do anything to pull him out. As long as he's alive they have strong motivation to fight the US.

I don't wish it to any country, but one day Europe will get a very bad weak up call by a terror attack that will lead her to the conclusion about fighting terror and fundementalists.

I totally agree. The Hanging of Saddam will spark huge hatrid between SHi'ite and Suuni Muslims, and accuse eachother of doing things to fix the election, etc, until the country is torn apart by Civil war and becomes a UN Administrative Region until it all gets sorted out.

• 1 month later...