TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are You Cool With Your Old Flames????

JamesMC

With former exes I didn't have a problem...

BUT

I am in the process of splitting with my partner of 7 years right now and I can already tell that it will be nasty. If I never see, hear or smell the pig again, it would be way too soon.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Thanks a bunch -

It's basically been over for a while, but I've been "trying to make it work "

It's kind of sad, but every time I start to feel bad, I think of the venom that has been spitting out of his mouth lately and that makes it easier.

Also - I've been hitting the gym for the last couple of months while he has ballooned up to roughly the size of a small elephant. The best revenge is living well as I always say

Most of my exes have moved on, married, had kids and the whole shebang. I wish them all well. Usually it's easier if I don't see them for a while (example, I didn't literally speak to my ex-wife ((not out of animosity, just because)) for 2 and a half years) and now we can be in the same room and enjoy each other's company again. We both know that we aren't going home with each other on any particular night and I think that that makes it easier.

At least I don't think we are going home with each other!!!

Considering I've been with my wife for 12 years (married for 11 a month from today actually) I don't really have any dealings with Ex's.

There is a reason they are Ex's.

In my personal opinion, if you are in a current relationship the ONLY reason you should have dealings with an Ex are because of child issues.

from my experience, i found its best to cut all ties and move on and dont stay friend. future relatiohships weather g/f or b/f will think your ex is still important to you and they may feel like you have a better connection to them than your new g/f or b/f. its not worth it at all.

Oddly enough, I bumped into an "ex" this morning on my way into the office. I hadn't seen her in about 8 years, she looked smoking hot.....I always thought she might be the one that got away. We just could never get on the dating page at the same time. We were really good friends that when one wanted to date the other, the other one was dating someone else.

It's always fun to wonder, what if.

The "What If Game" is fun when you are single and on the prowl, but once you are in a relationship . . . well it can cause problems.

I agree, my exes are my exes for a reason, BUT, just because we are not together doesn't mean any one of them should be an enemy or avoided. I was attracted to them and vice versa mutually and for a reason, and just because we can't be with each other day to day in a working relationship, it's nice to know they are out there, and there ARE some really great memories.

It's just a matter of when you let the past be the past and move on.