TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Derek gets a tattoo

DerekRx

With no coaster trips this weekend (or any other weekend for the rest of the year) I decided it was finally a good time to get another tattoo. I knew I wouldn't be swimming for at least 2 weeks, no sunburn could happen, and I won't be going into the ocean. When my coworker told me it would be my Christmas present, I jumped on the chance to get it. And since I thought about getting this design for quite some time, I figured this would be a great time to do so, after accumulating over 500 different beer credits.

I've gotten 2 tattoos in the past, and needles don't really bother me, so it wasn't really painful. And yes, they are addicting, but I think I only need 1 more after this

beer11040614.jpg.3d71bf85d6448e97ec7bcf881f5b057f.jpg

Now I'll always have a HopDevil with me at all times :)

beer11040613.jpg.0d084563cefcc96c53a3fe6fb2de706a.jpg

Comparison shot of the art and its inspiration

beer11040610.jpg.7aa6cf2ec47079f81463029588acb121.jpg

All finished, and looking good

beer11040609.jpg.d132c9d23bb302ce8a00d0dacbbe1290.jpg

First coloring, the green. Now we just need the horns and the highlights

beer11040608.jpg.fa5194f521b65ce90298ac682c02a11b.jpg

The outline is all finished, now we just need some color

beer11040605.jpg.2fcab0cb05f2681e1952f99651b0800c.jpg

The outline is defined in black

beer11040604.jpg.d6934347536035e69a315f846a834a59.jpg

The artist gets ready to do his thing

beer11040603.jpg.0e120fceb783a04c8cfdc32c41a295e0.jpg

The blueprint is marked out on my leg

beer11040602.jpg.6e552c2538f85e7d34a54ae2592742ba.jpg

Step 1: I get my leg shaved

beer11040611.jpg.0183acca8ad3f8bb582fb165c71f576d.jpg

Here's where I'll be for the next hour

beer11040612.jpg.b29ac35b08a6fe8e8a1718e853e6ada1.jpg

So off to the tattoo parlor I go!

beer11040601.jpg.06733c8d8f2c4888e5564b4be3477982.jpg

This space is for rent

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the design! I've never been keen on the idea of getting a brand logo tattooed, but if it's something like that which is a cool design independently and isn't something that it's immediately obvious what brand it belongs to, it's awesome, nice one Derek!

I actually thought of you yesterday when I went past one of my favourite bars which has a couple dozen guest ales on the go and "HOPDEVIL!!!" is written on the board in huge letters outside. Took me a minute to remember where I knew the brand from!

With no coaster trips this weekend (or any other weekend for the rest of the year) I decided it was finally a good time to get another tattoo. I knew I wouldn't be swimming for at least 2 weeks, no sunburn could happen, and I won't be going into the ocean. When my coworker told me it would be my Christmas present, I jumped on the chance to get it. And since I thought about getting this design for quite some time, I figured this would be a great time to do so, after accumulating over 500 different beer credits.

I've gotten 2 tattoos in the past, and needles don't really bother me, so it wasn't really painful. And yes, they are addicting, but I think I only need 1 more after this

Congrats on the tat, dude. You've officially become a crazy beer junkie. Coasters? What coasters? Seriously though, that's a pretty cool tattoo. No tats for me though. I'm too chicken.

I have actually tattooed all the layouts of the spain trip coasters on my whole body, so that if someone asks: -"What will happen next on this coaster?" I'll brag and answer ie. -"Look behind my ear or follow that bumpy line from my left knee to my toes". Then one would ask:- "What's that shrubbery, is it themeing?", I'd say:- "No, that's just my hairy feet". (which brings me back on topic...)

So,

Cool tattoo Derek! it looks really good, being quite unique and colored!

On a sidenote, I would be too much of a chicken to get a tattoo.

Nice Tattoo.I've always wanted one but my parents always had the perfect excuse for me not to get one. =/

I geuss I have a few questions,Obviously there will be pain,but I've heard it depends on where it is placed.Have you ever regreted getting the tattoo,or had a conflict with someone not hiring you because of it?Also my parents always say I'll get hepitious or some nasty infection from it,have you ever had a problem with yours?

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions if you do.

Once again,Nice tattoo!

Its true that the pain does rely heavily on where you get it placed. The more muscle or fat the less painful, the more bone and nerve endings the more painful.

Never regretted getting a tattoo as they're all symbolic of something in my life. I never went out and got a tribal tattoo just because they were cool or anything like that. But it also needs to be something you'll still be happy with when you get older.

All my tattooes are covered when I wear clothing, no Mike Tyson tribal junk on my face or stuff like that. Its something to definitely consider when picking a location, keeping it covered in case you ever are professional. In fact, my first tattoo was covered always unless I was topless, which really only happened when I was in a bathing suit.

As long as you care for the tattoo like instructed by the artist, you should be fine (assuming you go to a real tattoo parlor where they use sterile stuff). The only problem I've run into is ingrown hairs from having to get my legs shaved, but they go away eventually.

All that said, I see you're 15 and I agree with your parents decision to tell you to wait. While I'll support my children if they want a tattoo, I think they need to wait until they're 18 to do so, which is when I got my first one. Theres a reason kids can't just go out and get tattooes, you may regret it more in the future. But if you wait until you're older, maybe you won't have that desire anymore, or perhaps your tastes will change and the "ying yang" or Mickey Mouse you wanted to get since you were 10 now suddenly doesn't seem as cool. Plus they aren't the cheapest things to get!