TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cypress Gardens Announcement on Nov. 9th

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! That big pile of wood thats been sitting in a field?

Maybe!

When we were there that place was a ghost town. Even on a weekend!

I cant see buisness getting much better for them after "erecting" a new woodie!

Its porbablly them announcing that they are Bankrupt and there will be no more Cypress!

Thats just my guess...

-Ryan

Maybe!

Its porbablly them announcing that they are Bankrupt and there will be no more Cypress!

Thats just my guess...

-Ryan

Ummm just because you were there on an "off" day, doesn mean EVERY day is like that. I water ski all the time on the lake Cypress is on, and visit the park 5ish times a year and usuially there is a decent amout of people there. I wouldnt say its PACKED all the time, but the daily/weekly concerts do bring in a lot of people to the park, mostly in the summer.

As for the announcement, I think it would be Starliner, I dont see what else it would be. They probably just bought Starliner for later, and now is that later.

Colin C

Maybe!

Thats just my guess...

-Ryan

Ummm just because you were there on an "off" day, doesn mean EVERY day is like that. I water ski all the time on the lake Cypress is on, and visit the park 5ish times a year and usuially there is a decent amout of people there. I wouldnt say its PACKED all the time, but the daily/weekly concerts do bring in a lot of people to the park, mostly in the summer.

As for the announcement, I think it would be Starliner, I dont see what else it would be. They probably just bought Starliner for later, and now is that later.

Colin C

Oh yeah, I can see them being busy on those days, and I was told they normally are! But during like the days were there..it was just vacant. I just dont see how they can stay in Business so long...but maybe theyre managing fine! Im just going by the observations i saw

^ Unfortunately, they aren't managing fine. The park itself is in bankruptcy due to the damages brought by the three hurricanes that inspired the title of "Triple Hurricane" and legal aspects of the insurance claims for said damages. The park itself isn't in a location that attracts many, nor does it have enough advertisements to get guests to spend the 30-45 minutes to drive out to Winter Haven. I don't see how Cypress Gardens can afford to assemble the Starliner, considering that they still haven't paid the debt they owe to the construction company that dissasembled it in the first place. The project is so far behind schedule-as it was planned to open in January of 2007. If they are to announce this project, I think it will take much longer to be completed, due to less money being pumped into the construction. All of the park's other coasters took a few days to assemble compared to what the Starliner will require. But, I guess we will just have to see what the 9th brings.

My thoughts on this is that we Orlandonians will be having a great day on the 9th, because not only will we get an announcement from Cypress Gardens, but we will also get an announcement from Universal (most likely related to the new Blue Man Group show that will be added to our resort).

^^Come on guys, as much as I hate Ryan too you gotta agree.

There's a big difference between saying that IOA and Universal were dead today, in a traditionally dead time of the year compared with Cypress Gardens open 10am-Midnight on an October Saturday with an event and seeing about 10 people in the park!

What is they pull something absolutely shocking out of their hats. Like a B&M Flyer or an Intimin hyper. That would be awesome!

Doesn't the owner also have Wild Adventures up in Georgia? That park is doing alright. Right? He could just be using some influx from the other park to stimulate his ride production. Cause as cute as CG was, it needs a signature ride that will make people want to make the extra journey to get to this park.

However, I still think it's gonna be Starliner.

I have 3 theories (and no..none of them include CG closing)

1) An entertainment announcement (i.e. a more aggressive concert series or a special xmas event)

2) A small addition to the park..most likely to the water park.

3) Starliner with a ridiculously long timeframe until it opens like 2008 or 9.

Why would they wait till the 9th to tell people they are closing? I mean I see no point in waiting to say something like that. Also Kent said that he'll be eager to announce this. I doubt he's eager to say they're closing. And Ryan, If you don't like Cypress Gardens then I suggest you don't post on this thread because I support Cypress Gardens all the way.

Why would they wait till the 9th to tell people they are closing? I mean I see no point in waiting to say something like that. Also Kent said that he'll be eager to announce this. I doubt he's eager to say they're closing. And Ryan, If you don't like Cypress Gardens then I suggest you don't post on this thread because I support Cypress Gardens all the way.

WTF is it with all you Cypress Gardens fanboys and your skin about as thin as Lou's Hymen???

Seriously, I've had to already ban one Cypress Garden fanboy for their bad attitude, please don't make me have to do it again.

--Robb "People are entitled to their opinions, so don't ever tell someone how or where they should post." Alvey

WTF is it with all you Cypress Gardens fanboys and your skin about as thin as Lou's Hymen???

Post Of The Day.

I have no idea what the annoucement is, but something like "hey, remember that lame coaster that used to be at another park that almost no one ever visited?!? Well, now it's back!" is probably not going to be a real attention grabber...

dt

I mean, Im not trying to come off as though its a terrible park! Which totally its not! I just dont see how they can keep their heads above the water from just having a concert now and again!

I think the park is really cool. Has a homey feeling to it! Operations were pretty smooth and such when we were there!

But I just cant see them staying in business that much longer. Yeah, I can see the announcement being the Starliner..but this is becoming more of a big deal then the Cyclone being torn down! Both of these coasters arent THAT great! Although I havent RODE Starliner...im sure if was THAT good, it wouldnt be a pile of logs in a swamp!

-Ryan

I feel compelled to add to this...

Cypress Gardens is a HUGE draw to the local senior citizen population and there grandkids. That being said....the majority of the senior citizens are just now getting here for the winter season. This is why there is so many concerts over the winter months, as that is when you get them. Never underestimate the power of senior citizens in large groups.

That being said...they probably will announce hopefully next years lineup of concerts, and hopefully the building of the rotted pile of...errr I mean Starliner. We can only hope. I am a CG passholder...but not a fanboy in anyway. I live in Winter Haven and feel the need to support a local historic icon in this town.

Of course..the running joke is that they will announce that Disk-O will now e open everyday, along with half of the other rides in the park...

Never underestimate the power of senior citizens in large groups.

Ok that qoute scares me...

Anyway. I'm sorta a CG passholder (I'm a WA passholder, but I can get into both parks with it) and I think it would be nice if they finally put up Starliner. It would MAYBE help them get a LITTLE out of debt, and boost the park attendence, but only by a little bit. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Thats why next year for the elders, they're opening an All Nude Grandma Review ...eww...

I feel compelled to add to this...

Cypress Gardens is a HUGE draw to the local senior citizen population and there grandkids. That being said....the majority of the senior citizens are just now getting here for the winter season. This is why there is so many concerts over the winter months, as that is when you get them. Never underestimate the power of senior citizens in large groups.

That being said...they probably will announce hopefully next years lineup of concerts, and hopefully the building of the rotted pile of...errr I mean Starliner. We can only hope. I am a CG passholder...but not a fanboy in anyway. I live in Winter Haven and feel the need to support a local historic icon in this town.

Of course..the running joke is that they will announce that Disk-O will now e open everyday, along with half of the other rides in the park...

I don't think it's next year's line up of concerts because they already have most of the line up for the early part of 2007 there. Plus Kent said he'll be happy to announce this and a line up of concerts doesn't really fit under that criteria. I think its either three things.

1. Starliner Construction. Time and Date

2. They have solved their financial problems and have a plan to stay out of Bankruptcy.

3. Both

Edit: About next years concerts. Who would of thought that they could get SARA EVANS to sing at Cypress? I'm sure that will grab attention.