TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I've always been more of a Nintendo guy, and am currently working my way through Super Mario Odyssey. It's a lot of fun, but I don't know if I'd put it on the same level as other 3D Marios like 64 or Galaxy. I'm also playing Overcooked 2 with the wife and am really digging it. It's cute, challenging in the right ways, and I really dig the multiplayer aspect. I'm trying to get my sister and brother hooked on it so we can all play together.

Galaxy and Odyssey are the best 3D Mario titles IMO. My all time fave will always be Super Mario World though!!

• 3 weeks later...

So I played all the new games on Jackbox Party Pack 7 the other night w/ a streaming party of 6, and I definitely think it's a great pack! I hosted on ZOOM and everything went really smoothly, surprisingly.

Here's some info on the 5 new games:

a668d89e4376be241f1df27a32a88cc9.jpg

If anyone is familiar with the JBPPs I recommend picking it up!! or message me privately if you want to try to join in some night! It seems like they are still working out some bugs, but I didn't run into issues on release night.

Even if you've never played any of them before they aren't too hard to figure most of the games out. Some are trivia with mini games, some are drawing games, etc.

Only one person needs to own the game to stream it to everyone else -- some of the games would require audio/speaking at the very least so you would need a webcam, headset, or laptop to join in if playing virtually.

I'm gonna be starting my first ever gaming stream next week on Twitch. I'm starting with the Bioshock series; I figured it's dark enough to go well with Halloween week. It's gonna be interesting - I've never played an FPS before. Literally, my only game experience is, for the most part, playing Oregon Trail, Freddi Fish, and Myst.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a sucker for the Zelda series, so I downloaded the demo for the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game in preparation of its upcoming release and plowed through that in an evening. I'm also going to cancel one of my other subscriptions so I can instead get access to Nintendo Online and the online free library of many old school NES and SNES games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting Nintendo Online for the Switch and finished playing through the original Zelda for the NES as I never actually beat the game. Nice bit of nostalgic fun. I also finished going through the main game of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and enjoyed it immensely. It was my first time playing any of the "Dynasty Warrior" games and ended up liking the mechanics a lot more than I thought I would. The plot wasn't what I expected, though, and while I don't want to say I'm disappointed, I do wish that it was a tad "cleaner" in how everything connects to Breath of the Wild (won't go into spoilers in case anyone is still playing it or intends to start).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently played the re release of the Lion King since it's one of the few, if not the only game I never beat when I owned it on my mega drive. Now i'm older and the internet exists, I can see that was intentional since there are a lot of articles online that say that since it came out when Blockbuster and other rentals were everywhere, the difficulty was ramped up outside of Japan to force people to buy instead of rent. I'm curious if Robb has any insight on this since he's listed in the credits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My annual JBPP post. Jackbox Party Pack 8 was released yesterday and I played with a group of 7 friends over ZOOM (in addition to playing with strangers online a week leading up to it)

1) I thought the "wheel of enormous proportions" good and very different from the other Jackbox trivia games. Pretty fun! I wasn't looking forward to this one but actually playing it definitely changed my opinion.

2) "Poll Mine" is not a funny or "exciting" game but it gets you thinking and it's a fun team game. Sort of like a weird family feud? I liked it a lot surprisingly as well! Works great with a huge stream group, too

3) "Drawful Animate" is more of the same of Drawful 2 with just a few new mechanics, and the prompts are more outrageous so it really is tough to seek out the right ones, but still fun. After playing it a few times I started to love it more. Which makes sense. I also think having 10 players is too many for this game.

4) Job Job is really fun and funny. I love the concept and it's executed well. You mix up other people's sentences to make your own to answer questions, but it is clever and fun.  It sounds not very fun but I like it a lot, as I expected since I like weird word games.

5) Weapons Drawn... I'm still very confused by it. LOOOOONNNGGG game. Not very fun based on my two experiences with it, despite loving social deduction games? No interest in playing this one again honestly.

Overall, its another great pack with (mostly) unique games. 4 out of 5 ain't bad.