TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Broke out Pokemon White yesterday... WOW!

It may beat second generation and fourth generation as my favorite! Camera isn't fixed anymore, graphics are incredible, and gameplay doesn't feel so dumbed down (which means no tutorials on how to catch Pokemon, etc). Even the intro is absoulutely incredible.

This could be the best generation of Pokemon yet.

Ak-74u= TRYHARD

Famas= TRYHARD

What I'm trying to say here is that commonly used guns, perks, etc, tend to get called try hard setups, because everyone uses them ,and they don't take much effort to do decent with. Just try to vary what you use, and you should find something that you like that isn't so commonly used. By the way, working on getting to 4th prestige! I also picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I have to agree with what mcjaco said. Got CoD4, and have been playin the crap out of that!

I just beat Little Big Planet, Uncharted, and Uncharted 2 after a break from NCAA 11 and Black Ops. Now I'm playing Gran Turismo 5. The graphics are excellent and my garage is full of awesome cars & the Dome Zero. The Dome Zero is the ugliest car I have ever seen. I'm glad that it failed.

WANTED: Guitarist, Bassist, and Singer for Rock Band 2 for 360. Any difficulty is fine, I'm on Expert for all but the last few songs in the Impossible tier.

Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I finally know what I'm doing in Minecraft. My friend convinced me to build a massive, multi-level, fully furnished castle on a lake. I have the foundation pretty much down, I have well over a thousand pieces of cobblestone (what I'm building the entire project out of, for now), and I have a plan.

Now I just need some time and dedication...

With the onslaught of games I got for Xmas, I'm playing several...I'm Playing DKC Returns (Just got to the 3rd world first level, pirate crabs were a b***h!), Sonic Colors (Finally, Sega is turning Sonic the right direction!), and for PS3, playing Black Ops (of course), FFXIII (barely a couple hours into the game), NFS Undercover, Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club, and MGS4. Gotta love Gamestop's after Xmas buy 2 get 1 free promo.

In a couple weeks, I'm sure these games will collect dust when LittleBigPlanet 2 comes out.

With the onslaught of games I got for Xmas, I'm playing several...

Ha, that's a good way to describe it. As am I.

The new games I got/bought and am currently playing:

-Gran Turismo 5

-AC Brotherhood

-Batman Arkham Asylum

-Fable III

-NHL 11

-NBA 2K11

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-Wii Party

-Kinect Sports

-YourShape Fitness

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Ahaha, I'm jealous of you guys. I received three games for Christmas, the rest I bought on my own.

I received:

- Mass Effect 2 on 360 (already one of my favorite games of all time)

- DJ Hero 2 on 360

- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

I bought with gift money/my own money just prior to Christmas:

- Borderlands GOTY on PC ($25 for the base game with all four DLCs that usually cost $10 a piece? Yes please.)

- Civilization IV Complete (I know I'm a few years late to the draw, but this is still my first 4X, I like it so far.)

- Left 4 Dead 2 on PC

- Minecraft (well, on the 19th. That's close enough, right?)

Wewt. I'll be busy for a while, considering I'm still playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Knights of the Old Republic, Guild Wars and Team Fortress 2 regularly.

Playing (and mostly enjoying) Epic Mickey - true, the camera IS a ridiculous pain in the arse at some points, and I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it if I wasn't a Disney geek, but it's just so nerdily awesome that I have to (mostly) love it. Particularly fond of Mickeyjunk Mountain, so far, really cool details.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Just reached level 80 and started the new areas of the game. So far, it's pretty cool.

Rock Band 3 (PS3) - Expert everything and working on Medium/Hard Pro Keys. The Keyboard is a great addition to the game, now if only they'd release a more diverse choice of songs for DLC. Queen and Billy Joel packs are awesome though!

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (iPhone) - Pretty cool game, working on the racing career right now, only Rank 3 though. Best racer I've played on the iPhone.

Goldeneye (Wii) - Multiplayer

Guys, for 12 more hours (at least here in California), the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle is on sale for $5 on Steam. That's two amazing survival/horror/sandbox games, each usually $20 a piece, for FIVE DOLLARS.

I should say, though, Shadow of Chernobyl runs like a dream on a decent rig. Call of Pripyat, however, is a bit of a hog, and requires a pretty good graphics card. Just check here to see if it'll work for you.

^ I just picked up that deal. Now I've just gotta wait 5 hours for them to download

Thanks a bunch for the heads up though, nothing better than saving 88% on some games

I'm gonna warn you though: THEY ARE HARD.

As in, in the first major battle against some bandits that I fought in, I died something like seven times until I got the ropes of combat. Guns are inaccurate. Enemies are DEADLY. You can barely take a few shots on Very Easy difficulty. And while the inventory system is somewhat similar to Fallout 3's, ammo takes up weight. Always. Not just on a nonexistent "hardcore" mode, even on Very Easy.

You have been warned. Once you get the hang of it, though, the game is damn fun, and terribly addictive.

I have beaten AC Brotherhood, which totally surprised me and was MUCH better and longer than I thought it would be.

Just started Arkham Asylum today...definitely liking that so far, and the 3D is interesting.

I'm waiting on some HDMI cables I ordered from Monoprice to come so I can play Gran Turismo 5. I could play it now, but I'd rather have the whole HD experience.

Just started Arkham Asylum today...definitely liking that so far, and the 3D is interesting.

I'm waiting on some HDMI cables I ordered from Monoprice to come so I can play Gran Turismo 5. I could play it now, but I'd rather have the whole HD experience.

The story is very good in Arkham, as are the character renderings and the voiceovers (except Bataman). Count how many times he asks, "Are you OK?" I'm still working my way through it, and actually stuck right now (better go to GameFAQs ).

One you go HD you'll never go back.

Just downloaded my new Virtual Console game for the Wii: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

By the way, I need some advice. Whenever I play any Wii games, there are some faint blank lines that appear whenever I'm on the menu screen. When I play games however, it's fine. But these black lines are really distracting when I look around on the menu screen. Is there something wrong with the Wii or not?