TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) -- Good God this game is eating me alive with its difficulty... and I'm loving every minute of it... if you enjoyed the SNES Donkey Kong Country games, then this is a MUST buy...

Goldeneye 007 (Wii) -- Nearly done with the single player campaign... and finally tried split screen multi player (and it was awesome...) I love this game... and I haven't even attempted online battles yet...

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) -- Good God this game is eating me alive with its difficulty... and I'm loving every minute of it... if you enjoyed the SNES Donkey Kong Country games, then this is a MUST buy...

Agreed! What a platformer! Heck, I'd purchase a Wii just for this game if I didn't already own one. Yeah, it's that good.

I'm only at the end of the 2nd world but I cannot tell you how many times I've said "wow" at the ingenuity during many, if not all, of the levels.

Just finished Goldeneye 007 (Wii) - Man that last mission was DIFFICULT... what a rush that game was...

and speaking of difficult... I continue playing Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) - this game is a like a long firm hug from the past... every platform game fan needs to pick this up and support this game... its just SO good... I'm on world 7 currently, which was NO easy feat to reach... (and no, I won't use that built in game support, which was used in New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 also... I just need to finish on my own... believe me, I was tempted on several occasions though...)

And just purchased Fling Smash (Wii) - well, its ordered anyhow... it was a really good price on Amazon for Black Friday ($29.99 for a gold box sale)... It comes with a Wii Remote Plus (motion plus built in) and I needed a 4th Wii Remote, and figured what the heck... its cheaper than a Wii Remote by itself, and it comes with a quirky looking game... looks like it could be up my alley...

Anyone get the Epic Mickey (Wii) game yet?

I plan to get it, but probably can't play it for a good while until I finish all my studying and pass the CPA exam, which will end up being summer. The game looks great, and if it's half as good as the 2 kingdom hearts games I know I'll enjoy it

I have Epic Mickey, but have only played it for about 1/2 hour so far... (would have, and wished, to played more... but working major OT this week...) and what I've seen, I like very much... like many of the reviews say, the camera is a little wonky, but I don't think its going to be a game breaker... its the overall ambiance of the title, which will be the big draw here... my only other minor gripe, in the very short time I've played was that the game kept stopping me, to tell me how to play... even if it was something that it already showed me just 2 minutes prior... I know that this game may draw some non-gamers, who may need some more assistance, but I wish it would have given me option to skip the uber "controls tutorial"... there is only so many times it should have to tell me to use "paint/thinner" on objects... I think this game is going to find a pretty big audiance, and I look forward to getting much further into it later on this week...

Finally.

I finally beat the third and final stage of Bit.Trip Beat on PC. God, that was insane. Half the time I could barely see what was going on, I must have dropped into Nether twenty times.

This is what the second half of the stage looks like on the Wii, just imagine doing that with a mouse as opposed to twisting your controller.

Chipping away at Epic Mickey... the camera really is terrible... which is a damn shame... great overall ambiance/music though... very clever ideas... it pokes fun at itself... and its even funny much of the time... But even so, I'm still having trouble loving it... My partner LOVES the game... I'm just trying to get through it... having more fun watching HIM play, than actually playing myself... I hate to think that Disney rushed this game out the door in time for the holiday season... because I think the overall game could have been absolutely EPIC with a couple more months of tweaking...

Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition... alright alright... I know this is just the SNES game re-released on disc... but its such a damn good game that I DON"T CARE... Its $30... any Mario fan should pick this game up (if you don't still own the original SNES cartridge, which I do...)

I'm currently playing Epic Mickey, and I have a love-hate relationship with it. The game itself is awesome, love the story, love the concept. The controls? The controls are FREAKING RETARTED. I find them monumentally frustrating, B to shoot paint, Z to shoot thinner, easy enough, makes sense, but what the hell is with the reversed axes on the camera? I have to press right to see the world to the left of me, and I have to press down to see the world above me, its assanine! And am I the only one who's noticed that Mickey can aim his brush about as well as an amputee who has had too much to drink? I always find myself wasting thinner or paint by shooting at the floor instead of where the target is pointing at. But really, other than that, I really do like the game. I suppose I'm just going to have to get used to the controls.