TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Playing Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands (Wii) and its great so far... I'm 2 hours in and enjoying it quite a bit...

Also tinkering with ExciteBots:Trick Racing... I've had the game for quite some time now, but didn't really care for it... but recently had been playing it a bit more for some reason and am enjoying it so much more now... something just clicked with me and I'm liking it very much now. I think I still prefer ExciteTruck more, but Bots is very very fun (and insane...)

Just picked up Forza 3 a few days ago when I saw that the price had dropped to $40. This game is AMAZING! Hands down the best racing game I have ever played. The cars look, sound, and feel real. The game is VERY realistic save for the collisions that spin you around like a blender. 9.5/10

Bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the 1st July! I hope it's more easier to mangage than SMG1!

Yikes... By manage, if you mean easier to make your way around to get to the various levels, then yes... the game is very easy to manage... if you mean you hope the actual levels are easier, then no, Galaxy 2 is a bit tougher than the first one (but not by much...) There is ample opportunities to get 1ups... and while I love Galaxy 2, I liked the first one a touch more. I miss Rosalina and her wacky observatory and somber stories... Galaxy 2 plays it a bit more "traditional" (like Super Mario World on SNES) with an overworld map... Either way, I hope you have fun with it as it is a masterpiece in my eyes (just not as epic as the original)...

Bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the 1st July! I hope it's more easier to mangage than SMG1!

Yikes... By manage, if you mean easier to make your way around to get to the various levels, then yes... the game is very easy to manage... if you mean you hope the actual levels are easier, then no, Galaxy 2 is a bit tougher than the first one (but not by much...) There is ample opportunities to get 1ups... and while I love Galaxy 2, I liked the first one a touch more. I miss Rosalina and her wacky observatory and somber stories... Galaxy 2 plays it a bit more "traditional" (like Super Mario World on SNES) with an overworld map... Either way, I hope you have fun with it as it is a masterpiece in my eyes (just not as epic as the original)...

In fact, the Cosmic Spirit just looks like Rosalina! She will appear if you lose enough lives if you are in a tricky predicament!

Sorry to bring up Modern Warfare 2 again, because I know that a lot of people are past it at this point. However, I am not. I still enjoy running around with a Spas. The Resurgence Package came out for PS3 today, and I was wondering if it is worth downloading. I've heard that Strike and Trailer Park are pretty fun, but I'm really looking forward to Carnival(and 2x experience for a week!) Any thoughts? Oh, and I've picked up Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time again. I thoroughly enjoy it, as I've been with the series since the beginning.

Playing the first God of War and I'm stuck on the damn metal covered Minotaur in Hades. I get him to a really low health level and then he kills me...I swear I've done about 10 tries so far

Lure the minotaur to the steps, have Kratos stand on the step while the minotaur is to your side and just hack and slash.

Boom, made slightly easier.

*throws the Gamecube controller at the television*

"Super Castlevania IV" is a fun game, but holy hell! Is it hard!!

I think I might want to get a Wii Classic Controller, because the Gamecube controller isn't really working well for SCIV!

Just picked up Forza 3 a few days ago when I saw that the price had dropped to $40. This game is AMAZING! Hands down the best racing game I have ever played. The cars look, sound, and feel real. The game is VERY realistic save for the collisions that spin you around like a blender. 9.5/10

Search the Storefront under "Vinyl Groups" and under the search text type in "INTAMIN"...then you'll see a terrible Intamin license plate from me!

So I bought Half-Life 2 for the second time. See, I own it on 360 in The Orange Box, but bought it on PC last week for Garry's Mod and user-created mods. And damn, that game is just as fun as it was the first time through.

I want to know if any of you guys know some really good single/multiplayer mods for Half-Life 2, that don't use anything like Counter-Strike Source or the HL2 Episodes, as I don't own those. And even better, if any of you own Garry's Mod, so you can show me the ropes.

Used to play a lot of first person shooting games like Half Life, Team Fortress, Quake III, Counter Strike, Ghost Recon etc but the 3D graphics as well as the simulated motion in those types of games made me dizzy so I had to stop. Just a part of having motion sickness I guess (as I can't stand simulator rides either).

Now, I just play mostly RTS games like the Command and Conquer series (finished both Allied and Soviet missions for RA2 awhile ago, just play Skirmish games now), Age of Empires, Civilization etc and havn't had problems with motion sickness.

Just wondering, does anyone here not own any gaming console other than a PC? Because I know I'm one of them. Although I'm thinking about getting a Wii.

Just wondering, does anyone here not own any gaming console other than a PC? Because I know I'm one of them. Although I'm thinking about getting a Wii.

I'm the contrary, I own all 3. In my opinion, Wii is more of a "party console," in that you'll only play it when people are over, and rarely by yourself (after the novelty of having a new console wears off), so be prepared for it to just sit there and collect dust often if you do get one. Xbox 360 and PS3 are two very similar consoles, but I'd say that PS3 has the slight edge, because you get a Blu-Ray player also. The only reason I got a 360 is because more of my friends had them, and I wanted to be included in the action. I believe Xbox 360 Arcades are $149.99.

The 360 has better games and a much better online system. If you're going to be playing online go for the XBOX.

The 360 has these awesome games that the PS3 doesn't:

The Halo series

Orange Box (although portal 2 will also be availible for the PS3)

Left 4 Dead

Gears of War

Mass Effect

And more that I'm missing...

^

+ Forza Motorsport 3

+ Oblivion (wait, PS3 got it a year later)

+ all the awesome arcade games (including the FREE Aegis Wing)

+ ...erm yeah others...

Those are the big ones. With killer RPGs and shooters that you have to play, Xbox wins for me. Also, the controller IMO is way better, and has a twice as long battery life.