TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I've gotten back into World at War, not as heavily as last summer/fall, but I'm playing some multiplayer and campaign co-op, and my group might be getting back into playing Nazi Zombies again after having a successful Der Riese match to round 31 the other night.

Otherwise, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is my main multiplayer game right now, and I've just gotten back into working on the Veteran-difficulty campaign on Call of Duty 2.

Currently playing "Fragile Dreams ~Farewell Ruins of the Moon~" on Wii... amazing ambiance and story... sloppy combat controls and camera... but overall I'm loving it. I believe I'm nearing the end of the game, which the in game time has me clocked at 14 hours so far. Great little hidden gem of a game.

Also playing "Endless Ocean:Blue World" on Wii... but not nearly as much as I'd like to be playing.

Dabbling in playing "Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars"... Not generally a fighting game fan, but this one is seriously over the top fun. And great fun to watch too...

And a little bit of Data East Arcade Classics for some relatively lesser known arcade goodness, from time to time...

FINALLY beat the 14th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus on PS2.

This one was a real b*tch, because if you get knocked down a single time by him, as soon as you get up he'll knock you down again. And again. And again until you're dead.

Took me somewhere around 45 minutes, and three tries to beat him. Didn't feel sorry for this guy at all.

I just got Red Steel 2 for the Wii. I have had a lot of fun learning how to play this one. You get to use your Katana as well as your gun and it seemlessly switches between the two. I love that since it uses the Wii Motion Plus, it actually determines how hard to hit the bad guys based on how hard and wide you swing the Wiimote.

Oooooo... Glad to hear you are enjoying Red Steel 2... My itchy Wii game buying finger is on the trigger with getting this one... but I'm trying to hold off until my Birthday in 2 weeks (I'm hinting to my partner that I'm interested in the game, so maybe he'll get it for me... and if not, I'll just have to leave him... no no... kidding... I'll then pick it up with my rainy day Wii game funds... and yeah, I really do have one of those...)

The only thing that takes some getting used to with Red Steel is that you swing the Wiimote to swing the sword, but the camera on the Wiimote dictates where you are looking. So you swing to the right to have a backswing and the camera wants to move to the right as well. Not a complaint, just something to get used to.

"Just Dance" on Wii is so much fun to play with friends. Just not in a small area, too many elbows and legs flying around. It gives a pretty good workout too.

Also playing Wii sports resort which is good. Archery's really cool, as is the skydiving games.

As for Soulsilver, I just picked up my eighth badge. Time to go look for Lugia.

Damn, Mega Man 9 is hard.

I bought it on Wii yesterday, using some points that have been in my account for like a year and a half. I've only been able to beat Splash Woman so far, and that was after an hour of trial and error, and 3 game over screens. Any suggestions for the next master I should take on?

Oh, and if it matters, this is my first Mega Man game I've ever played. So the insanely high level of difficulty is really killing me, but still draws me back.

^^^

The MegaMan games have always been known for their punishing difficulty if you don't know the patterns and order of boss take downs... even when you do, the games are still typically challenging... if you have another spare 1000 Wii Points and are still interested in the MegaMan games, then try your hand at MegaMan 10... It contains an "easy" difficulty mode which truly is quite a bit easier, and it REALLY helps...

Anyways... my current gaming list:

Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii) - Just got it for myself as an early Birthday gift (from me to me...)... and it might be the video game version of CRACK... it is seriously THAT addicting... even in solo player mode... when you get stuck (and you WILL get furious and stuck), you can go online and in the flash of an eye and play some gamer made levels... it is amazing... And don't get me started on how awesome the multiplayer is... just one of those essential Wii games... if you don't have it... GET IT...

Super Mario Galaxy (again) - getting ready for Galaxy 2, set to release in a little over a months time now...

Endless Ocean:Blue World (Wii) - slowly chipping away at this one...

Plan to get Red Steel 2 soon... I'm holding off to see if somebody picks it up for my birthday next week... yeah, I've been hinting to my partner my interest in the game... but that doesn't always work... either way, I'll own Red Steel 2 soon...

What's the difference between Soul Silver and the original Silver?

Lots, aside from obvious graphics upgrade, a lot more replayability... just too much to say. Right now I'm doing another 20 levels of tedious grinding before taking on Red.

So far, my GOTY, but I still need to play Uncharted 2 and God of War III.

Just got my hands on a copy of "Harvest Moon:Tree of Tranquility" on Wii... This is my first Harvest Moon game since "Save the Homeland" on PS2 (and only my second HM game... well, third since I did try one on Gamecube which was awful, so I got rid of it quickly and don't count that one)... This game seems to be pretty good. It moves at a much faster pace than I was expecting... and yet it is very relaxing... So far I've Spent many hours playing and still trying to figure out many of the games nuiances and play machanics... I'm on my second season of year one and only JUST now figured out how to get a barn and coop (along with one sheep and chicken)... But I think I'm getting the hang of things and seem to really like it so far...

Oh the games I have to finish...

Pokemon Heart Gold: Done with the main game. Grinding for the Kanto half and other stuff, but I have a well rounded LV50 team outside of whatever else I train.

Persona 3 FES: Playing Journey. I've got about 3 midnight events to go and then whatever else...

Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story: Oh, M&L rpgs, how you sooth me. I'm basically working on it between games

Devil Survivor: Got to get my Shin Megami Tensei fix...Its pretty hard though, and I'm stuck on the first boss right now.

Yugioh 5Ds Reversal of Arcadia: Yeah I'm still a YuGiOh geek. Basically playing it whenever I feel like it to beat the story and unlock more cards.

I bought Fallout 3 a couple weeks ago, on 360. It's turning out to be one of the best games I've ever played.

I'm level 6, nearing 7. I've died like twenty times now trying to explore the far west of the map, and every single time I forget to save.

I'd suggest purchasing Broken Steel. It's the only DLC worth it, in my opinion.

Also, if you like F3, look out for Fallout: New Vegas coming out this fall/winter. Looks amazing!

I finally dove into Final Fantasy XIII. I'm enjoying the visuals and gameplay. The story is pretty incoherent (so far) but that's to be expected in FF games. I'm pretty worried though because I'm about 5 hours in and I still don't really give a s**t about any of the characters (or any of their problems) yet. I liked the "Moms are tough" chick, but she bit it five minutes after you meet her. Hopefully she's not really gone. My love of the FF games has always been strictly character based so the danger meter on XIII is rising. I'm sure as hell not going to put 50+ hours in on a game to find out what happens to people I could care less about.

Anybody pick up Monster Hunter Tri for Wii... I did and took advantage of the bonus Classic Controller Pro for an extra $10. This is hands down, one of the best looking games for Wii and gameplaywise there is nothing else like it. I'm roughly 10 hours in and have only scratched the surface of even how to play. And that is only offline. I haven't even considered taking this bad boy online yet (until I really learn how to play better... steep learning curve, but so far completely worth it...) I'm highly recommending this game to anybody who like action games (with quite a bit of grinding)... And that Classic Controller Pro is just completely sexy (for anybody who plays Virtual Console games... or A Boy and His Blob Wii-make...)

Been playing pokemon Soulsilver pretty heavily lately. Nearly 110 hours and I've only collected 2 badges from the Kanto region. Though I do like to go do side quests and games most of the time.