TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Just ordered a Playstation 4 today! I usually give new systems about a year to work out the bugs, and it seems a good time to jump in now. Came bundled with Last of Us: Remastered. Haven't had a chance to play that on PS3, and I've been a fan of Naughty Dog since the Crash Bandicoot days. Very much looking forward to this when it arrives.

You will not be disappointed with Last Of Us. One of the best games I have ever played!

I have been playing Dying Light and loving it (most of the time). It's like a cross between Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed set to a zombie apocalypse theme. Soooo many zombies.

No matter how hard I try, I'm just not getting into Dying Light.

No matter how hard I try, I'm just not getting into Dying Light.

I hit a wall on it early on, but fought through it and I love the game. It's one of those games where the more you explore and fight the zombies, the stronger your character gets. Now, I have a machete that will slice through three of them at once! Quite a step up from swinging a plank and having it break on their head.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, for those of you with Wii Us and Splatoon, they're running a Theme Park Review-appropriate Splatfest event this weekend. It's roller coasters on the green team and water slides on the purple team!

• 2 weeks later...

So the final chapter of Five Nights At Freddy's got released yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to get it tomorrow. Looking at Let's play videos of it, it looks absolutely terrifying. The mechanics of the game are much different and unique, and by the looks of it the best FNAF game yet. (Spoilers ahead!)And the storyline is so good, how the child we play as is the victim of the Bite of '87 and how it was the Fredbear animatronic and the child's older brother and his friends who caused it. The storyline is so intriguing and emotional. A great finale for a great series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there is enough people here that have Super Mario Maker in order to create its own level sharing thread. I picked up the game yesterday and have not been able to put it down since! This is the killer app for the Wii U.......unfortunately it came out near the end of its life cycle. Anyone who has a Wii U and has not picked up the game should right away! If you are on the fence about getting a Wii U you should just to play this game!

Well anyway yesterday when messing around me and my wife made a few levels. Any feedback/critisim on the levels is greatly appreciated! The level codes are:

1AB6-0000-0017-092E - Ship in The Air

BCCF-0000-001D-2593 - Jump them Walls

7ABF-0000-002A-5F8D - House of Boos

F863-0000-0025-EA7B - Hi!....Bye

Anyone else who has the game and has their own levels to share post the code and I will play them!!

Bloons Monkey City (a mix between tower defence and city builder): Level 40 (maximum level).

Tiles captured: 1035/2991

Started: 220 days ago

Supply Crates (give you a boost of cash): 0

Bank Capacity: 211500

Battles lost: 508

Buildings: 548

Bloons (the enemies) popped: 2,147,881,047

Spies (visit a friend and find them) popped: 165

Bloonstones (the premium currency): 91

I've actually sort of quit the game because an update hasn't come out since around the 25th of June. When the update comes out, I might consider playing it again.

• 1 month later...

Played the Star Wars Battlefront Beta on PS4 recently. I have to say it's the most fun I've had any FPS. I've always been a bug fan of the Battlefield series, so I'm definitely pre-ordering the game very soon.

Also as a horror movie fan, I saw this and I'm super stoked! Hopefully this game won't let me down.

^ I also played the Star Wars Battlefront beta. I'm not a big fan of shooters or MMOs, but it was amazing. I got to play as Luke Skywalker and take down Darth Vader at the Battle of Hoth. Brilliant game, very fun indeed. I'll probably wait for it to come down in price, as I generally don't pay full price for anything these days, but it'll be one I pick up eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As someone who was a fan of the Call Of Duty series (Up until Black Ops 2), I bought Black Ops 3 hoping it would be decent since they actually took two years instead of one to develop this game. Boy, was I wrong. This is by far the worst COD I've played. Quite honestly I'm really tired of the futuristic crap they've been doing. It honestly feels like Treyarch is just trying to appeal to the younger crowd (despite it being a rated M game).

• 4 weeks later...

Buying new, current games are too expensive for me. I usually wait a couple years and buy something used for $15.

As a result, right now I'm playing career mode of MLB: The Show 2014. Just started my fifth year, and first as the starting center fielder for the Phillies (who suck in my game, too).

Once I get bored of it I'm moving onto South Park: Stick of Truth.

I really like GameFly. It's expensive, but I like being able to play newer games, and return them if they're bad. Also, they let you buy the game if you end up liking it, and even new releases can be discounted a little bit. Plus, I get 10% off the used price, and every month they send me a $5 off coupon. It's even better with older games. I've gotten some pretty good deals on older games.

Started playing Fallout 3 again in preparation for Fallout 4 in a few weeks.

dt

Been casually playing Fallout 4 the last couple of weeks. I think I prefer Fallout 3, but it is still an amazing game and has a lot of the same things that I loved about 3. I haven't been doing any harvesting, not sure how important that really is to the game, but I love the weapon upgrade system.

Buying new, current games are too expensive for me. I usually wait a couple years and buy something used for $15.

As a result, right now I'm playing career mode of MLB: The Show 2014. Just started my fifth year, and first as the starting center fielder for the Phillies (who suck in my game, too).

Since living abroad I've always just stocked up on 1-2 year old games in playstation sales for mine. Normally works out cheaper than getting them used off the markets. Never really worry about getting them new since by the time I've beaten the last games I have from the sale sitting around it's already been a year.

My wife got me the limited edition Ni No Kuni brand new, since I'm a big studio Ghibli fan and I see that in sales for sometimes as low as $6. I think my last sales pick up was the resident evil series, bioshock trilogy, god of war series and a tell-tale bundle. I've also got to do the first 3 batman games that have been sitting on my download list.

I think the last game I completed was revisiting one of my old favorites Okami.

I totally agree, I don't have time or money to pay $60 for the latest games. I'm actually playing South Park: Stick of Truth right now. It's great fun, and pretty easy and relaxing. Focuses less on gameplay and a lot more on the comedy (all dialogue was written by Parker and Stone!).

I've been waiting to get a Wii U until a new Zelda game comes out, but now I wonder if I should just wait until the next generation comes out and skip the Wii U all together!

I've heard rumors the next Zelda might not even come out on the Wii U at all. Wii U has been a total disaster for Nintendo, it's their own fault for not evolving enough.