TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Got Pokemon X in the post today, amazing so far. Reminds me of my childhood, haven't played since Gold!

How'd you get Pokemon X already? It's not even out yet.

I can't wait for the game, gonna pick it up before I head off to the park for the day and Haunt

I'm going to go with X, and plan on starting off with the ever-so-cute Fennikin! I actually had my eyes set on Fennikin since the game was announced back in January last year.

I'm one of those who feel like one can never be too old to enjoy a Pokemon game. Why? While the storylines may be simplistic and seen as "kiddie" there's actually a lot of depth to these games that most kids don't realize...whether if it's building an awesome team to background stuff about specific pokemon and their tie ins to real-world mythology. I've been playing these games since 1998, and lately have been having memories of 1998 when stores were sold out of Pokemon Red...then one day my dad took me to KB Toys on a gamble to see if they had it and sure enough I snagged the last copy. My brother (who couldn't read yet) snagged Blue and I had to help him through the game. In the long run, he used this game to help him learn to read

In short, I haven't been as excited for a Pokemon title since Red/Blue and Gold/Silver!

Edited by Angry_Gumball

Saturday cannot come soon enough! This week has been progressively feeling slower and slower to me...something I've come to notice with waiting for new hotness, be it the release of a new game I'm excited for or the opening of a new ride. I want it to be the 12th NOW!!!

The version I picked is X. I prefer Xerneas to Yveltal, Mega Charizard X to Mega Charizard Y, and you can't go wrong with a cotton candy pokemon (Swirlix). Can't wait!

Got Pokemon X in the post today, amazing so far. Reminds me of my childhood, haven't played since Gold!

How'd you get Pokemon X already? It's not even out yet.

I can't wait for the game, gonna pick it up before I head off to the park for the day and Haunt

Website called Shopto here in the UK sent them out Wednesday, mine was quick via the post and arrived yesterday. I was surprised myself!

Anyone playing Disney Infinity? We have it, but haven't started playing it yet.

I've only played about an hour of the Pirates co-op campaign. It's pretty good, not too difficult for kids but enough to keep the grown-ups entertained too. Kind of like the Lego games in that respect.

Well, I was going to buy the physical cartridge but ended up caving in and buying it digitally. It's one less cartridge to have to carry around and it's one less cartridge to possibly lose. I'm good at losing small things. And it's available to those of us on the west coast 3 hours early

The game was available as of 9PM tonight PST. With this said, gonna be a long download. I ended up with Pokemon X

This week, I restarted Dark Souls after making meager progress over the course of a few weeks a couple months back.

In less than 5 deaths, I was to the point at which I was previously stuck at (Belfry Gargoyles). That's about 90 minutes of play, and what was at least 75 deaths my first time through. You really do learn how to play better.

But last night I managed to beat the Belfry Gargoyles, finally. I had to restore my humanity for the first time, which was rather terrifying due to red phantoms (other players invading your world to kill you), which did indeed slay me once. But when I got to the doorway for the boss, I summoned my first helpers, a player and Solaire of Astora. The Gargoyles went down SO easily with those guys around, especially considering I've probably died about 20 times fighting them over my two runthroughs.

And now I have NO idea whatsoever where to go, and am paranoid to be anywhere other than a bonfire due to red phantoms that will get humanity by killing me. Whoopee.

Gotta be Rune Factory, right now I'm playing 2, 3, 4, and Tides of Destiny, all at the same time! This stuff is addictive, I just got into it this year and who would have thought farming, womanizing, fighting...in short, Harvest Moon with an action-JRPG all in one would turn out so well I've never played one of those "life sim" games but this may be the gateway that leads me in that direction.

Right now I'm playing through some new hotness, Pokemon X. I got my first badge already and on my way to Ambrette Town. As it is right now, here's my team:

-Braixen lv 25 Modest natured

-Lucario lv 23 Adamant natured

-Honedge lv 16 Adamant natured (in process of level grinding this one)

-Bibarel, the best "HM Slave" in the series

My full team (no HM slave) will consist of the following:

-Delphox

-Lucario w/ Lucarionite

-Aegislash

-Clawitzer

-Salamence

-A good fairy-type 'mon

I'm chugging along on my Pokemon X...been trying out different Pokemon to see who will make it or break it for my team. Currently in tow are Braixen (17), Charmeleon (16), Pikachu (13), and Bidoof (11) (I call him 'Doof as he looks like a doof). Doof will be my HM slave as he can learn a variety of HMs. Currently trying (and failing) to encounter a Riolu, a solid fighting type (and of course, mega evolution Lucario once it evolves )

I think I've moved along for the little moments of time I've had to mess with this and level grind...Pretty much I took every opportunity of CGA Haunt's long lines to level up my 'mons! And of course another friend had his 3DS with him and his copy of X so battling was inevitable. Speaking of which, the Player Search System is pretty convenient. Remember the days of having to get to a Pokemon center to initiate battle or trades? You can now do it anywhere...In a labyrinth-esque cave or long route between cities? You can still pick up a battle or trade with a buddy or even find random people in the area who may be playing while out in public. Nintendo has gone a long way with the series and it is only improving!

And roller skates rock!

Updated list, been a pretty productive day of grinding and catching some new 'mons as my team develops. I'm currently using these:

Lv 20 Braixen - Sassy Nature

Lv 15 Bagon (Japanese name is Tatsubei...you see where this went with nicknames ) - Sassy nature...(These guys are rare but I may hunt down another one as this one's speed is pretty bad at the moment)

Lv 18 Riolu (Finally caught the one I was after with a bold nature) - Bold Nature

Lv 16 Pikachu - Mild nature

I plan on doing some more level grinding for these guys tonight and head toward the next gym. So far, there's quite a bit going on between the gyms (which I'm liking, plenty of time to level up my 'mons!)

Just got done with my blind Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Y. For those that don't know, Nuzlocke is slang for a type of Pokemon gameplay where the only rules are you can only catch the first Pokemon you run into on each new route/town/area and if your Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and cannot be used in battle again. Doing this without a guide was absolutely grueling, and by the time I was done, only three Pokemon were still alive; Charizard (lv. 79), Doublade (lv. 77) and Carnivine (lv. 68). I'm trading them to my fiancee so I can get them back after I start the game over from the beginning and play it normally.

I spent the past 2 days EV training my 'mons! 'Twas a lot of work but it has paid off. Let's just say I'm already 21 hours into my quest and barely put a dent in my journey! My current team consists the following:

Honedge - LV 26, Lonely nature

Bagon - LV 22, Adamant nature

Braixen - LV 27, Sassy nature

Lucario - LV 26, Bold nature

Currently looking for a modest or a timid Eevee as I plan on getting Jolteon...So far, haven't found the right one, soft reset after the catch if it's not what I'm after. Good thing Eevee are common! After a quick powerful electric pokemon for my team. Slot 6 is undecided though I could use a water type.

I just finished off the 2nd gym leader (who was a breeze for my Honedge and Lucario).

Update: Any Pokemon X/Y players out there, I want to warn you about the glitch that can possibly completely ruin you experience with the hottest games. Apparently, there's a glitch where if you save in Lumiose Town and power off the game...then fire it back up later, the game save will be perma-screwed forcing you to have to start a new game. My guess is because of how complex this is for the game (I mean, it's like you're walking in a fully 3d-rendered city!) that's the reason for this glitch. None of the other cities/towns do this. Best advice for now if you're near the main hub is to either save inside a Pokemon center/building or better yet, just head to one of the routes branching off the hub and save there. There would be nothing worse than losing your 50-hour quest that you're still working on. Hopefully this is patched soon. It is known to happen on both physical copy and digital download.

Game Breaking Glitch!

^ Yeah, I've seen that graphic pop up a few times. As an aside, if you want an Eevee, I've got almost a box full of them from breeding. Just pick a nature and shoot me your friend code. I can ship one out to ya whenever!

My save file is complete and I have ~80 folks in my friends list, so if there are any pokemon you want (I have Y version) in particular let me know! Right now I'm focusing on Battle Chateu and Maison, getting as many BP to get items for a more competitive team.

I'm running:

Ampharos - Calm

Arcanine - Modest

Aegislash - Relaxed

Absol - Naughty

Lucario - Adamant

Dragalge - Calm

I bred them all myself and they have near perfect IVs and are fully EV trained. I have a few that I'll need to redo later on down the road, but right now I'm content farming points with these guys.

I beat the game with this team:

Chesnaught

Aegislash

Noivern

Dragalge

Malamar

Pyroar

Game is a ton of fun! If anyone needs any pokemon for breeding or has questions about breeding, IVs, EVs, natures, or characteristics I should be able to answer them.

I just beat Pokemon X! Just in time before I get the red light of death on my DS...now for some post game action and continuing to level up my 'mons, learn strategies and do some post game stuff and perhaps competitive stuff.

I also have Pokemon Y, really thinking about doing a Nuzlocke run through this game as it will literally force me to learn just about every type of pokemon I encounter and force me to work with what I have available. Mean time, I don't want to lose everything I worked on with X, hence the reason on picking up the other version...too bad individual Pokemon games didn't use multiple save files much like the Zelda series...

So right now I'm thinking of making a competitive 6th gen Pokemon team based off of sandstorm conditions, with Hippowdon, Lucario (mega slot), and Aegislash being key players. But today, I just found out something that really depressed me and probably depressed all the competitive battlers who rely heavily on weather based teams.

In Gens IV and V, the ability Sand Stream (only Hippowdon and Tyranitar have it) summoned a PERMANENT sandstorm that would continue until stopped by a 'mon with Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warning, or anything that would alter the weather. In Gen VI, Sand Stream no longer summons permanent sand, but only 5 turns of it. The same thing goes for Drought, Drizzle, and Snow Warning. Weather was such a dominating presence in the Gen IV and Gen V metagames, but now it has had its balls cut off. This is just about as "balls cut off" as Ghostrider's MCBR being turned on full power, Revolution getting OTSRs and trimstations, and other infamous "balls cut off" events in the world of coasters.

With this new battle mechanic in place, I wouldn't be surprised to see 'mons like Hippowdon and Politoed get bumped down to the "UU" tier from where they currently stand in the "OU" tier (the tier system was implemented by well-known competitive battling site Smogon, the Overused tier is the standard tier for competitive battling while Underused is...you should get the idea here). This is a very sad moment for people like me who relied so heavily on weather teams in the past.

Never heard of it.

Started playing Disney Infinity. It's a little confusing to get started. I do wish it was a more linear game, or at least had a storyline game to it, in addition to the free world toy box style. Still fun though.