TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

^ Me neither.... Although I sometimes feel like I'd always want to stay connected, and also play forever, I've got a *real* life to take care of, and other things I wan to do...Like ride coasters!

On another note... BF3 Vs. COD (I like both)...

You're thoughts???

I never played BF3 and last COD I played was MW2. I'd rather play the single player campaign or online co-op through the campaign. I get bored with FPS's online quickly. Probably doesn't help I used to play Quake 2 and 3, Unreal Tournament, and Counter Strike all the time online.

I play most of the time fps like BF3 ore BF BC2. I'm not a CoD fanboy. The only thing I liked about the CoD games was the Zombie-games and the Co-op mode. The multiplayer isn't something I loved, mostly because of all the campers and the very small maps...

I often play RCT2 (of course) and I'm a frequent Command and Conquer 3 player. C&C games are the most fun games of al (played mostly all of them: c&c, c&c Red Alert (also 2 and 3), c&c tiberian sun, c&c Renegade, Generals,...)

I finished Doom3 over the weekend, and it was a decent game. Fairly long game for a FPS, took about 9 and 1/2 hours. Have no desire to play through a 2nd time since it was way to repetitive. Currently playing Vanquish since it was free a few weeks ago on ps+, and I have no idea how I missed this game when it was released. Very fun 3rd person scifi shooter.

I'm considering buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, since I loved the gamecube and DS versions.

Any of you guys planning on buying it? I'd love to be able to trade with people online!

I'm considering buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, since I loved the gamecube and DS versions.

Any of you guys planning on buying it? I'd love to be able to trade with people online!

I didn't like the game before, but after playing Simpsons Untapped a ton, I got to understand those types of game and am looking forward to it! I'll post here when I get it.

I've heard COD4 is quite good compared to the other games in the franchise, and am wondering why. I've been considering buying it (even though I've got MW2/3 and BO2) after a friend recommended it to me. So, has anybody played it, and if so, why is it so good and why should/shouldn't I get it?

Why: One of the best COD storylines - Not very expensive

Why Not: Outdated Graphics - Not as many people on Multiplayer servers.

Last I heard, that game had been taken over by hackers. I don't know if they sorted that out but I also heard the same thing for WaW.

I've heard COD4 is quite good compared to the other games in the franchise, and am wondering why. I've been considering buying it (even though I've got MW2/3 and BO2) after a friend recommended it to me. So, has anybody played it, and if so, why is it so good and why should/shouldn't I get it?

I just got it from a friend for the PS3, and I have MW3 as well. I've also played both of the Black Ops games, so hopefully my opinion will mean something when I say it's the worst that I've played.

• Good AI, but terribly unfair level design that ruins it.
  • The story was meant to be taken seriously, but since the story is told through flashbacks, it's impossible to get attached to the characters or settings before it throws you in a completely different location as a different person. There is a "shocking" moment of the game, but it's ruined by this and that makes the plot a total bust for me.
  • Gunplay is okay, but the fact that your crosshair snaps to enemies is completely abusable and the game no longer becomes hard on any difficulty.
  • Online multiplayer is horrifically unbalanced (I.E. when you get a kill streak of X amount, you get a perk that makes it much easier to get kill streaks which makes it much much easier to get another perk, and it keeps going), so you pretty much need to have several friends who have the game to enjoy it and not be killed by spawn campers and the jackasses with UAVs.
  • Split screen multiplayer is the only good thing I've gotten out of this game. If you don't have two or more controllers, I say avoid this game.
  • And what's even weirder, I loved MW3. It was so ridiculously over-the-top that it was almost meant to not be taken seriously, and I find that way more enjoyable. CoD4 was trying to be realistic and ended up being lame, and MW3 threw you into tanks and crashing Ospreys the first chance it got, and that's what made it fun.

Well, I just picked up COD4 yesterday, and seemed to like it. I don't really play campaign in these kind of games, so Ill tell you what I think of the MP

First of all, with the comment above about hackers, I haven't encountered any as of yet. As for the popularity of the game, and its "staying power", or how good it is.. it only took me about 30 seconds at most to get into a game. In terms of the game itself, I believe it is one of the most challenging COD games I've played, with Black Ops 2 being the easiest, and the other MW games I own being significantly harder to play (Don't own BO1 or WAW). However, in COD4, it's harder for a different reason... while mw2 is hard to get kills due to people camping for high streaks/using OP weapons, and mw3 is just overly complicated (at least more complicated than a simple arcade shooter like COD should be) and completely f***ed up, COD4 seems to just take more skill to play. Unlike other, newer CODs, COD4 seems to be simple, with no extremely high, overpowered streaks, discouraging camping. The maps also seem to be better designed, and prevent headglithcing/camping. Finally, there doesn't seem to be as many OP weapons, and the class system seems to be built in a way that discourages OP combos of weapons. For example, you cannot use a n00btube and an RPG in the same class.

Well, I guess cod4 shows that simpler is sometimes better, and overall, the game seems to be the best made COD out there, like many have said. I am very glad I purchased the game.

However, in COD4, it's harder for a different reason... while mw2 is hard to get kills due to people camping for high streaks/using OP weapons, and mw3 is just overly complicated (at least more complicated than a simple arcade shooter like COD should be) and completely f***ed up, COD4 seems to just take more skill to play. Unlike other, newer CODs, COD4 seems to be simple, with no extremely high, overpowered streaks, discouraging camping. The maps also seem to be better designed, and prevent headglithcing/camping. Finally, there doesn't seem to be as many OP weapons, and the class system seems to be built in a way that discourages OP combos of weapons. For example, you cannot use a n00btube and an RPG in the same class.

Well, I guess cod4 shows that simpler is sometimes better, and overall, the game seems to be the best made COD out there, like many have said. I am very glad I purchased the game.

I saw your first post asking why CoD4 was so much better, and with this post you practically took every word out of my mouth. It is the best CoD for those exact reasons. I have given every CoD a solid chance, but I always gravitate back to this one for those reasons.

Anybody on here play TF2? I stopped playing it after a while, then got back into it recently after a friend of mine asked me to join him in a couple matches... It seems to be a really fun game, with a good, large community however I just wish more of my friends play it.

As for the comment above about nearly quitting FPSs online, I don't think I'll ever stop (@ least for a while), but I seem to flip back and forth between COD (Usually COD4 or BO2), BF3 & TF2.

The best way without taking it apart and voiding the warranty is using a can of compressed air, being careful of sensitive components, then vacuuming out whatever dust you loosened. If you do clean it out, try to get the heat sinks also. Many people forget about them and, while cleaning the fans does help, dirty heat sinks greatly contribute to overheating.

As of now, I won't be buying any of these next-gen consoles. I haven't seen anything yet that even remotely excites me. Hoping we might see some actual interesting games at E3.

dt

Not interested here either. Honestly, the thing we do LEAST on our current gen consoles is play games, except for the Wii.

People are bending over backwards saying that the XBox One is going to replace their entire entertainment console but it's only a "Pass Through" for your cable box and it obviously can't do what AppleTV can do.

So basically you get to switch between the Xbox and back to TV quicker? Because it's so hard to switch it back and forth through your TV? And people think that Apple Fanboys are bad.

As someone who has been an Xbox fan since day 1 dating back 12 years ago, I'll say that Sony absolutely destroyed Microsoft at E3 yesterday. I've also been a PlayStation fan over the years but not nearly as much as an Xbox fan. With that said, I'm switching back to Sony.

Xbox One's used game policy is just stupid. After Sony announced that the PS4 will allow used games without any additional fees, that sold me over. On top of that, the price tag of $399 compared to the One's $499 was a knockout punch to the Xbox. When you break down the specs and overall components within each console, the PS4 is actually slightly better and yet it's $100 cheaper. The PS4 exclusives also appeal to me more than the One's, but everyone has different taste.