TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I'm not sure exactly because I don't pay much attention to that stuff, but I know it's a Windows 7, Toshiba Satelite that we got back in 2011. It may or may not have had trouble running Minecraft. What I mean by that is that when my sister would play it the computer would shut off every time so she stopped playing, but the problem continued. We deleted Minecraft from the computer and the problem stopped, but at the same time my sister uses a different user. So I don't know whether it was Minecraft causing the problem or something else. I also have a really bad internet, and I don't know how much that will affect the game.

ARMA II and, most likely, DayZ Standalone are very processor-heavy games, just like Minecraft. Click the Windows key + Pause/Break to bring up your system panel, it'll say what processor you have right under your Windows Experience Index. Let me know what it is, and I'll be able to tell you if DayZ is possible on your laptop.

I want both though. The only problem is that I don't know if my computer can handle games like this.

I don't play Day Z myself, but many of my friends do, and they love it. From what they say, I'd you like fps games like bf3, you should enjoy it.

What games you play right now?

From what they say, I'd you like fps games like bf3, you should enjoy it.

Be forewarned though, DayZ is NOT a deathmatch game! There are servers and areas that are, but for the most part it is a survival game set during a zombie apocalypse, meaning that there is a lot more to it than just running around mindlessly and killing the first player you see. Watch some of

to get a good idea on how the game is played.

Generally, average laptops aren't great for gaming. They overheat easier and usually lack in certain performance areas necessary to run large-scale games like DayZ smoothly, only to name a few issues. Unless it's geared towards gaming, you would probably have trouble running it smoothly. If it's feasible, I would suggest building your own gaming desktop PC. One for your purposes wouldn't be all that expensive, and it's not really that hard at all to build.

From what they say, I'd you like fps games like bf3, you should enjoy it.

Be forewarned though, DayZ is NOT a deathmatch game! There are servers and areas that are, but for the most part it is a survival game set during a zombie apocalypse, meaning that there is a lot more to it than just running around mindlessly and killing the first player you see. Watch some of

to get a good idea on how the game is played.

Generally, average laptops aren't great for gaming. They overheat easier and usually lack in certain performance areas necessary to run large-scale games like DayZ smoothly, only to name a few issues. Unless it's geared towards gaming, you would probably have trouble running it smoothly. If it's feasible, I would suggest building your own gaming desktop PC. One for your purposes wouldn't be all that expensive, and it's not really that hard at all to build.

I know what DayZ is about, I've been watching some of IGN's videos the past couple days.

Another computer is not going to happen, we can barely pay our bills so we have no money for unnecessary things.

Started Bioshock 2 last night and got about 2 hours into the game. So far I'm enjoying the game play more then the first and prefer the hacking system. Connecting pipes in the first one was a huge annoyance of mine and rarely hacked things. Story seems decent for what it is so far.

What does everyone think of Xbox One?

What does everyone think of Xbox One?

Dumb name, no backwards compatibility, there's the same old bulls*** we dealt with when the original 360 debuted concerning the "core system" setups, and if I end up getting tangled in this next generation, I'm definitely sticking to the PS4.

I'll stick to PC for most games and then maybe get a WiiU for the new Smash Bros and Zelda, but those won't be out for another few years probably so who knows.

Also, this is how you name a new gaming console: Root Name + Letter or Number Symbolizing some aspect

Xbox One too many, and you can't count

Playstation 4 goodness sake stop

Wii U gggh what is Nintendo doing

Honestly Next Gen consoles really aren't that appealing to me right now. Especially when I can get Mass Effect 1&2 on Steam for $10, where the Wii U Mass Effect 3 is close to $60. Steam has really caused a PC reaurgance.

I'm disappointed in the Xbox One. Microsoft is so focused on TV and DVR capabilities, they stray away from the fact that this is primarily a gaming console. How many people are really going to buy into a bad cable replacement service through XBL? And requiring Kinect now for everything? They add all these "features" that have no benefit to the consumer. Now couldn't be a better time to switch over and build a PC.

Xbox One looks decent, but they did focus way to much on the TV aspects. I'm not interested in Kinect since my living room is to small to work properly. I just wanted to see new games that are only exclusive to Xbox, Call of Duty will be out for all systems, and I'm not into sport games. Atleast with PS4, Killzone and inFamous got me excited for those games. Overall, I'm not impressed with any of the next gen. I'm mostly leaning towards PS4 since I'm a fan of their exclusives.

^ & ^^ Speaking of Xbox and TV...

Honestly Next Gen consoles really aren't that appealing to me right now. Especially when I can get Mass Effect 1&2 on Steam for $10, where the Wii U Mass Effect 3 is close to $60. Steam has really caused a PC reaurgance.

This. My computer is pretty old, but it still does well with games. They're much cheaper on a PC, and easier to cheat with The Wii U games look good, (ok, only zelda), but the hardware is nothing exciting at all.

Edited by jray21

I finished Bioshock 2, was a fun game, but story was boring and kept waiting for it to get better. Started up Doom 3 and really enjoying the game. I miss having the arrow in Bioshock telling me where to go. Forgot how games back then didn't hold your hand from beginning to end. The game is still creepy and made me jump a few times. I miss the old Resident Evil days where I would be to scared to advance, so I'd just shut the system off.