TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

^Yeah, watch out. The aspects of the first two games are mainly there, but it doesn't quite feel like a Bioshock game from what I hear. It's still amazing though, I really hope they recapture that juicy, thick atmosphere and sense of mystery the first game had.

^^My friend preordered it and is playing it soon. I'll ask him and let you know what he thinks of it.

Bioshock looks really really good. Need to pick that up soon. Anyone play the new Luigi's Mansion on 3DS yet? I really liked the original one and was wondering how this one matches up.

You guys have got me wanting to pick up Bioshock now! I've loved the first two, so it is pretty much a no-brainer that I am going to love this one as well.

Get it. I realized about ten minutes in that it'll end up most likely as Game of the Year.

I finished my first playthrough earlier today (going to try 1999 Mode...dear lord save me)

The game is definitely a Bioshock game.

And...the game is worth the ending alone. (DO NOT LOOK UP ANY SPOILERS)

I'll honestly say it's one of, if not the best game I've ever played.

The scenery is drop dead gorgeous. Here's some non-spoiler screens I took:

Bring Us the Girl, and Wipe away the Debt.

Skylines, pretty early on in the game.

When you first step out into Columbia.

^I can't believe that's actually in the game. Looks amazing.

Anybody else super pumped to see how Naughty Dog's new game The Last of Us turns out?

Hell yes! I actually really liked Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and although I haven't played 2, 3, or Golden Abyss, I heard they were good and I'm definitely looking forward to The Last of Us. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic games.

Hey WiiU owners (I know there are at least a couple of you out there...)

If you didn't already, GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER NOW!!

So far its the BEST Lego game to date. Open world, sandbox style... very Grand Theft Lego, if ya will... and the games humor doesn't let up. I think its the best WiiU release to date, dare I say... I'm not sure how far into the games story mode I am, but I seem to only have two more "desguises" to unlock. So I might be nearing the stories end. But am clocking nearly 15 hours so far, and only collected (completed) 12% of the games total content! So priced at $50 new, its a decent deal... and one HELL of a game...

I also have Need for Speed Most Wanted U on order... Got it during a Target sale last week, but the game has been on backorder... should get it soon hopefully!

I can completely vouch for Bioshock Infinite. I fell in love with the original Bioshock, it really is a work of art! I loved the second one as well, but when I saw the demos for infinite I knew it would be something special. I waited for the game for over two years and after all that time of waiting, my expectations for the game were nothing short of perfection. And after two years and finally being able to experience the game in all its glory, I can say Bioshock Infinite no only exceeded my expectations, but blew them away! The ending was the best conclusion I’ve seen in all forms of entertainment. I’ve never said this about a form of entertainment before since it’s so subjective, but Bioshock Infinite is honestly perfect.

^But... Original IPs...

^^Smart move not including Bioshock 2. Thanks for finding those.

I did include Bioshock 2 for one of the photos; it may be the weakest of the series, but it is still an outstanding game. Oh, and I took these myself.

Started Hitman:Absolution a week ar so ago.

God I love that series. The controls got a bit knocked around, and blasted in reviews, but it still works well. I like it, and the story is awesome now that Agent 47 has gone rogue.

Had someone I know mention that Battlefield 4 was more of an art piece than Bioshock Infinite....

Bioshock Infinite > 99% of Games out there...just saying.

Plus: 4-5 Years of Development > 1-2 Years of Development

I'll take another journey through Columbia or Rapture over a COD or Battlefield game any day of the week.

So I found a Nintendo DS Lite earlier, completely random...I've always liked the style of the Lite aesthetically. Only problem is, it thinks it's a virtual boy (Screen loves red for some reason). Anyone know if this is an easy fix (maybe reseating the ribbon cable?) or am I going to have to replace the screen? Also the floppy hinge is a bit annoying...but it was free so I guess I can't complain. Wouldn't mind getting a spare DS up and running though especially since they had pretty decent battery life.

dslite.thumb.JPG.f48a1cd0e98163ac6ea5161cc95ef60c.JPG

^ Battlefront 3 was scrapped a long while back, unfortunately. It was reportedly 99% complete at the time, too, which boggles my mind.

I'm indifferent toward the closing of the company, really. What was the last GOOD game they developed? Republic Commando, eight years ago? It's true that they put out the cream of the crop when it comes to adventure games back in the 90s, but let's be real here, LucasArts at the time it shut down was basically a completely different company. On the bright side, LucasArts veterans like Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman are still making the sorts of creative, unique games that their parent company was known for in its heyday. The legacy lives on through them.

As if my backlog wasn't already long enough to last me the rest of my gaming life, the list continues to grow.

Today alone, I picked up Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 Complete, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 Complete, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 Complete, Temple of Elemental Evil, D&D: Dragonshard, and D&D: Demon Stone from Good Old Games, as well as Killing Floor and Red Orchestra 1 and 2 from the Humble Bundle sale.

That's like 500 hours' worth of games for less than $25. Not bad at all.

Just picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for WiiU. I didn't really care for MHTri on Wii... And I realize that MH3U is esentially an enhanced remake of Tri... I figured I'd give it another round of "punishment" (Tri was HARD!! Mainly why I didn't like it. TOO hard for me.) Some MiiVerse friends convinced me that we would online hunt together and have a blast! I was sold... $85 later (needed headphones/mic too) I have the set up! I installed the 1st/latest update. Made sure the game/mic worked. And now I'm heading down for a nap! I will attempt my "1st" Ultimate hunt later on... Wish me luck!

Oh, and I've mentioned this before... but its worth repeating... WiiU owners... GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER! Its nothing short of AMAZING! Best Lego game to date! Perhaps the best WiiU game to date as well! Get it!

Okay, finished Bioshock Infinite this weekend and I have to say it's one of the best stories I've ever experienced. My advice to anyone who is on the fence about this one is to just go out and buy it. This is one of the very few titles where I've been happy to hand over my $60 and I'm seriously thinking of adding the $20 DLC pack.

If you like movies like Inception, or shows like Lost and Fringe, I think you would enjoy this one. My advice is to take the game slow. Look in every nook and cranny to find amazing artwork, clues and just rounding out the entire story.

One other thing, I got my copy at Best Buy and it included a copy of the original Bioshock with it. So if you haven't played the original consider getting that and you're getting two for one.