TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Been playing quite a bit of my WiiU!

I got Batman Arkham City (yeah I know, I'm about a year late!) and Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed for Christmas! I don't follow Batman at all (comics, movies nor games) and didn't have an interest. And the game is nothing short of phenonmenal! WiiU gamepad doesn't add anything essential, but is appreciated all the same. Having a dedicated map displayed is very handy, complete with points of interest highlighted. And lock decription is fun using the pad... OK... I like using the WiiU gamaepad!

And I'm a bit of a Mariokart snob... so Sonic racing also didn't interest me. But alas, I am wrong again. Possibly the best "kart" racer I've played in years (and Mariokart Wii was one of my favorite in the series) if not ever. Its so slick, beautiful and most of all, FUN! With each lap changing things (different routes, change in form of transportation... sometimes both), it keeps things interesting, not to mention keeping you on your toes! AWESOME!

I need to play ZombiU again. I stopped playing about a month ago, leaving it about a third of the way through (although I hope I am further). I am afraid I am too far removed from the game play not to restart. Gosh, I hpoe not...

Also a STRONG conideration of picking up Mass Effect Trilogy for either the PS3/360. I am leaning more towards the PS3 version. Less discs to deal with. I never played any of the games and have been meaning too! Always been interested, but kept passing them up. Now seems like the best time with the beautifully packaged trilogy!

Nintendo has announced the sixth generation of Pokémon games! A completely three-dimensional overworld with a dynamic camera, although it appears that movement is still restricted to four directions. The battles look like what Pokémon Battle Revolution could have been, as the camera does not always cut between shots and shows the Pokémon models interacting with each other.

I love the hand-drawn appearance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A

I'm not crazy of the name but this looks really good! The buildings now look more like buildings and less like cardboard Also looking more like the anime.

And the battle sequences...looking awesome! Are they using cel-shaded Pokemon rather than sprites? They seem Wind Waker-ish - being cartoon but 3D at the same time.

I'm sorta digging it so far. The fully 3D overworlds are awesome. It's about time Pokemon goes full 3D on us. Same with the battle sequences.

I don't like some of the graphics though. While some parts look great, others leave a lot to be desired. Of course graphics aren't everything, and early screens of BW didn't look all that great either, but still. The trainers look like glorified Miis too. Not sure if I'll be rushing out to get a 3DS for just this game when it comes out unless Nintendo can really wow us.

Gamestop has a deal of 75 percent of gamecube games and used accessory's. I know it's old but their are still some great games for it and if you get lucky and find some Mario games you can sell them online for much much more. For example Super Smash Bros goes for 29.99 at Gamestop so its less then 8 dollars after the discount and it regularly sells for over 35 on eBay. Gamestop has a really good inventory feature where you can check where a certain item is based on zip code I live in a smaller area so all the good games are sold out but after looking in some of the bigger city's zip codes they have many Mario and other classics still available, Some games are also still on gamestop.com and the discount is applied when you add the game to your cart.

Edit: Also is their any other Wii U owners on this forum? I got myself one on launch night and while I have loved it for the two months I've had it , I also have a bad feeling that when the Ps4 and 720 come out the Wii U will not be able to compare and will go the way of the Dreamcast and die a early death. I know most the Wii U games so far are just ports of current gen games so we have yet to see what the system can really do. I think the main thing Nintendo screwed up was the name. Unlike Microsoft and Sony who's systems all have the same name but are just numbered, Nintendo has always had a new and unique name each generation. I have met many people who think that the Wii U is just a add on to the Wii like the Way Kinetic is for the 360. Nintendo said they want the hardcore gamer back and by keeping the name with the Wii brand they are pushing away many before they even try the system. Another issue I see happening is people getting confused over the controller situation. Every Wii U game runs with the Tablet controller about 90 percent of them work with the Wii U Pro controller and about the same amount work with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck Controller and to make it even more confusing a few games such as Black Ops 2 also work with The Classic Controller for the original Wii. Hopefully as time goes on and we move away from the first Wii developers will drop the Wii Remote once and for all and then maybe the Wii U can live as it's own system.

I had an amazing run in MW3 this morning. I was going 20-7, 23-11, and I even had a 30-10 match. My overall K/D went from .95 to .98 in about 9 matches. Unfortunately I lost my mojo because the last few matches have all been negative.

I've been playing a lot of MW3 myself lately, and I enjoy it way more than Black Ops II. To be quite honest, Black Ops II is probably my least favorite Call of Duty when it comes to multiplayer. I'd like to say CoD4 is my favorite but the fact that I've been deranked by hackers four different times, makes the game unplayable for me. I'll still take any other CoD game over Black Ops II.

I've also been playing a lot of Farcry 3. Being a fan of the previous Farcry games, this is by far my favorite one. So much to do and see in the game, it never seems to disappoint. Still anticipating GTA V.

I've been playing a lot of older/reteo games lately, mainly on SEGA Dreamcast.

I just beat Shenmue, what a game that is! Imagine a an open world sand box game, mix in with a fighting game, mixed with a driving game, with a bunch of quick-time sequences, mix with a forklift simulator (yes, I did say forklift simulator), AND terrible voice acting. All of that as well as a great story makes this one heck of a game!! Its a game that you really need to try if you haven't!

I finally found my Wiimote and some batteries (couldn't find it for a while) and decided to try out Kirby's Epic Yarn I got for Xmas...such a fun game. I highly recommend it because it's a Kirby game! The whole art style's pretty neat too, simplistic but good!

Portable gaming - plugging along with Pokemon Black 2, just beat the 4th gym (Elesa, not to be confused with Elissa) with a lvl 23 Magnemite, 28 Sandile, and 27 Servine...That Magnemite was a key to my victory as I was able to paralyze the opponent's monsters.

I recently purchased my PS Vita about a week ago for a great deal of $150 from a co-worker that sold hers because her boyfriend said that he wasn't going to use it very often. So far I'm really liking my Vita although I only have one real game for it at the time, Need For Speed Most Wanted which is a great game IMO. I also have the Uncharted demo which seems like a great game to buy since I've played both Uncharted 1 and 2 and there at the top of my all time games. I still can't decide what I want to purchase for it next especially with two new games coming out soon for the Vita that I am very interested in Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and Killzone Mercenary(although I have never played a Killzone game before). I'm really interested in the cross buy games and how some work, I know PlayStation Allstars battle Royal you can play online on your Vita against other people on their PS3.

imawesome1124 wrote:I had an amazing run in MW3 this morning. I was going 20-7, 23-11, and I even had a 30-10 match. My overall K/D went from .95 to .98 in about 9 matches. Unfortunately I lost my mojo because the last few matches have all been negative.

I've been playing a lot of MW3 myself lately, and I enjoy it way more than Black Ops II. To be quite honest, Black Ops II is probably my least favorite Call of Duty when it comes to multiplayer. I'd like to say CoD4 is my favorite but the fact that I've been deranked by hackers four different times, makes the game unplayable for me. I'll still take any other CoD game over Black Ops II.

I personally would take Black Ops 2 over MW3 but sadly Black Ops 2 has gotten boring recently. I went back to playing Black Ops 1 and I have been having a great time and have almost never had a negative match. In fact I played a free for all match and went 30-0 I also had a team death match where I went 17-0 (no I'm not a camper).

^^^nice avatar by the way.

Just picked up the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS3. Never played the series (only seen a roommate play the original 360 game). I am about 7 hours into the 1st title... And so far am loving it!!

Also awaiting some new releases for WiiU. Looking forward to Lego City Undercover (I mean who wouldn't love a Lego-esque GTA?!), Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101 and Game&Wario. Those are some fun looking games! Can't wait!

I picked up a copy of Bioshock 1 and Burnout Paradise for PS3.

After the updates, I have decided that the update department in EA is entirely composed of incopetent twats who don't know how to make a game enjoyable without downloading DLC.

I f***ing love Bioshock, though. Probably among the best FPS games out there, next to HL2, H:CE and Portal.

Since launch night of WiiU (US release 11/18), I've only gotten to play Nintendo Land solo, or with one other player... Well, tonight I played with 4 players... WOW!! COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME!!! It was amazing and chaotic. Solo is, good. Mostly. With two players, better. With 4, chaos ensues... try it people. Mario Chase, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are all you need to get the party started!! Screaming, shouting and cursing (along with some fists pounding the floor) was a plenty! Its good clean fun!! NOW, I understand the term asymetrical game play!!

I've only done Nintendoland with maybe 1 other player who didn't quite understand what was going on. I think the Metroid Blast one can prove to be pretty insane, especially when you're on foot trying to hide from the ship...Or if you're the ship and the players on foot are hiding but can see you and fire at you.

I decided to go oldschool just a little bit ago and decided to whip out Castlevania 4 (SNES). Such a great game back in the day, such a great game today! I can thank the Angry Video Game Nerd's Castlevania videos I watched earlier for motivating me into playing it. *enters nostalgia mode* Castlevania 4 (or Super Castlevania 4) was one of those dark, gloomy-ish games that made great rainy day games. I remember it just coming in from a crazy storm (El Niño weather) starting to fire up after a quick bike ride, firing up the SNES, wrapping up in some blankets and playing the game. Also at one time I had a nasty flu and one of my friends wanted to come by and chill anyway (he lived around the corner from me). While I laid in bed, I let him play my SNES so I can watch him beat the game. In the end, I remember waking up in the middle of the night with a pounding headache and having one of the level's songs stuck in my head.

I finally found my Wiimote and some batteries (couldn't find it for a while) and decided to try out Kirby's Epic Yarn I got for Xmas...such a fun game. I highly recommend it because it's a Kirby game! The whole art style's pretty neat too, simplistic but good!

Portable gaming - plugging along with Pokemon Black 2, just beat the 4th gym (Elesa, not to be confused with Elissa) with a lvl 23 Magnemite, 28 Sandile, and 27 Servine...That Magnemite was a key to my victory as I was able to paralyze the opponent's monsters.

I got Pokemon Black 2 for Christmas and am slowly trying to build up my team. At this moment, I have a Lv. 6 Psyduck (Just caught it at Flocessy Farm and trying to train it on Route 19), Lv. 11 Mareep, Lv. 12 Snivy, and a Lv. 13 Pidove. So far, I have beaten Cheren.

I've been playing All-Stars Battle Royale and the Killzone trilogy. I can't believe I have never played the killzone series before. I just beat the second one yesterday and it was a very fun game. Playing it on hard was a mistake since I ended up dying a total of 194 times in the whole campaign. But I always love a good challenging game. Can't wait to start on the third game, but want to do a quick run on easy to collect some of the easy trophies.

You can "fake" dual sticks by changing the control scheme in the Options menu.

This is what I use in my game. For the most part it works very well! I haven't had to use the stylus at all.

Movement - Circle Pad

Reticle - ABXY

Shoot - R

Align Camera - L

Change View - D-Pad Up

Powers - D-Pad Left/Right to select, D-Pad down to use

And speaking of Nintendo -

Lots of super-awesome Wii U stuff coming our way! I might just have to go out and buy one now.

Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and Wii Fit U were all touched upon, but still no solid release date.

A "sequel" to Wii Party is in development, taking better advantage of the Gamepad's capabilities than Nintendoland.

Screenshots of the next Smash Bros game are coming to E3 2013.

A new 3D Mario game and a new Mario Kart game will be announced and playable at E3 2013.

The team behind Kirby's Epic Yarn is turning its sights on Yoshi with a new game (with the yarn aesthetic of course), the first new game with Yoshi as the title character since Yoshi's Story.

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker will be re-released on the Wii U this fall, and NOT in Virtual Console - it will have an outstanding graphical update, off-TV play (Tingle Tuner anyone?), and more. They're doing this for two reasons - A) the graphical update feels like a whole new game and will be treated that way and B) to hold fans over for the new ground-up Zelda game which won't be announced for a while.

A brand-new Zelda game is also in development for Wii U. They have said how they want to take the series "back to basics". For example, letting you complete dungeons in a non-linear manner like the original game. It's a ways off.

Nintendo and Atlas are collaborating on a crossover between the strategy RPGs Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem.

Bayonetta 2 is still in development, and apparently still exclusive to the Wii U.

Finally, Monolith released a trailer for their new RPG game, which will probably be named "Xeno-something" due to the logo at the end of the trailer.