TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

It is very similar. The big difference between PS CrossPlay/Xbox SmartGlass and what the Wii U does is that the Wii U's secondary screen (the Gamepad) is included with the system, and that the majority of Wii U games directly support the second screen.

So, if I was looking for dual-screen gameplay on a home console, I would buy the Wii U based on price alone - $500-550 for the PS3/Vita, $450-550 for an Xbox 360 with a compatible tablet, $300-350 for a Wii U.

But, at the same time, the others get an advantage because the secondary devices aren't tethered to the system. When we start seeing compatibility between the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (supposedly coming with Super Smash Bros 4), I think that we'll get a fairer comparison. Having both of those systems will put you out about $500 as well.

I think that the Wii U would provide a much more "integrated" dual-screen experience, but opinions are subjective. I just want to play Pikmin 3!

As of right now I'm playing 3 of the "classic" Tomb Raider games.

Tomb Raider 2- Floating Islands. This game is very underrated and I still wonder why more people haven't played the series.

Tomb Raider 3- Madubu Gorge. Most difficult level in a game ever. I've pretty much given up on it.

Tomb Raider Chronicles- Gallows Tree...Most creepy and mysterious level in any Tomb Raider game..

Gotta love the old Tomb Raiders! I really hate the newer ones, but the new one that is coming out in March looks EPIC.

Currently playing the Mega Man classic series (1-8 on Anniversary Collection, 9 and 10 on WiiWare). They all provide a good challenge, with the hardest IMO being 1, 2, 7, and 9. One thing they all have in common though is that they have DAMN good soundtracks. Some of my favorite pieces of video game music ever are in this series!

^ Actually I was just watching a video on it and it looks really fun, I personally liked the first one better than the other two because they just weren't as fun to me but yeah its been a long time since the last Sly. I think my younger brother might get this game for his birthday, that or Uncharted 3.

Also I have a question for those who have a PS Vita, how is it and is it worth getting, I'm thinking of buying the WiFi version.

I wouldn't get Uncharted, I would rather get the Jak & Daxter Collection. But if it were between Sly and Uncharted, I would go with Sly. And the PS Vita is a great handheld console even with crossplay with games like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and I want a PS Vita, but don't buy Call of Duty Declassified because it is such a suckish game like Modern Warfare 3.

I love my Vita and it gets used daily. When it was released I never wanted one, but after my brother let me borrow his for a night, I bought one the next day. If you have Playstation Plus you can download Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and a few others for "free". You can only play the free games with an active membership, just incase you didn't know how Plus works. And they have some great discounts for Little Big Planet Vita ($18), Rayman Orgins, and other games for cheap with the Plus membership. My only complaint with the system is the expensive memory cards and battery life should be better. But overall this is the only handheld I have owned (gameboy color, ds, psp) where it gets used daily.

I really want to try the Vita, but the only place you can is at Walmart/Target, and it's not that impressive. No one I know has one so I can't try really try it out. Good to hear good things about it though.

Same. I totally think that the PS Vita is awesome, but I haven't seen a game that appeals to me be released on it, save for that new game Tearaway.

So the Steam Winter Sale has begun and my friend got me a copy of Assassin's Creed II.

That was Wednesday Night...

And somehow I've already logged 18 hours into the game!

The franchise reminds me of a more Mature version of Legend of Zelda. A LOT. I can definitely see that Ubisoft took a lot of the things that worked well in Zelda and perfected them in Assassin's Creed.

^ You know, that's the first time I've ever heard that comparison, but it's pretty sound. If you want more, check out the Darksiders bundle that's on sale for about $13 right now (frankly, an INCREDIBLE deal for a game that came out just a few months ago). Those games are often considered spiritual successors to games like Ocarina of Time, only much, much more dark, taking place in a post-apocalyptic world, starring two of the Four Horsemen. Jump on that deal if you're interested.

So the Steam Winter Sale has begun and my friend got me a copy of Assassin's Creed II.

That was Wednesday Night...

And somehow I've already logged 18 hours into the game!

The franchise reminds me of a more Mature version of Legend of Zelda. A LOT. I can definitely see that Ubisoft took a lot of the things that worked well in Zelda and perfected them in Assassin's Creed.

The Assassin's Cree II soundtrack is one of my favorite game soundtracks! I love movie soundtracks, and that one is really good.

I love my Vita and it gets used daily. When it was released I never wanted one, but after my brother let me borrow his for a night, I bought one the next day. If you have Playstation Plus you can download Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and a few others for "free". You can only play the free games with an active membership, just incase you didn't know how Plus works. And they have some great discounts for Little Big Planet Vita ($18), Rayman Orgins, and other games for cheap with the Plus membership. My only complaint with the system is the expensive memory cards and battery life should be better. But overall this is the only handheld I have owned (gameboy color, ds, psp) where it gets used daily.

Sounds great, I'm a little confused with the 3G/WiFi differences which one do you own. Also can you connect online with the WiFi version where ever you are and how does that work exactly. My problem with the PsVita is that it is to expensive and that there aren't enough great games IMO and the memory cards are too pricey for what they are but overall the Vita looks great and looks to be very addictive. I used to have a psp and use to play it all the time because I loved how you could play anywhere same with other portable game systems.

I have the WiFi version and you can connect to any WiFi hot spot. The 3g is a waste of money in my opinion. I tried checking up the data plans but everything is blocked at work. I think you still have to go through AT&T for the 3g. Plus I don't travel enough to pay for another data plan.

Last night, I sucked up all my fears and nerves, and finished Telltale's The Walking Dead. God. I just... this game is amazing. Everybody should play it. It's the best video game story I've ever come across. I've never felt so much for imaginary characters since... well, ever. Buy this game.

Also, I got talked into buying Hotline Miami. I can't believe I'm saying this, since it's been called a "murder simulator" and is generally incredibly gruesome and disturbing, but this game is damn fun. It's more of a stealth game than anything else, and a freakin hard one at that, and there's a zen-like trance you fall into while perfecting each floor. I don't know how to explain it, but it's just really enjoyable.

Got Hitman Absolution for Christmas. I was pretty worried that this game would betray the previous entries in the series and completely destroy what made the series great. Thank god I was completely wrong! I love it! While admittedly the missions being divided into separate sections is sort of strange, this game still has the same amount of replayability from the previous games and the challenges for each section offers the same creative methods that the previous games offered. I say this game is a worthy installment to the series.

Just finished up the walking dead episode one and I am about to move onto episode two. It lives up to all the hype as it was great in the first episode and I hear that it only gets better. Also saw super meat boy on sale the other day and picked that one up. One of the hardest games I have ever played but also very satisfiying when you finish a tough level.

^ I personally played it on PC, but I played the first few minutes of the first episode on my iPhone while it was free (maybe it still is, I dunno). It seemed to work just fine on my 4S, with some trivial stuff streamlined (like when Lee shuffles along the side of the car, on the PC you had to hold forward, while he does it automatically on iOS. It was meaningless, and was just there for some interactivity, so it doesn't matter). As long as you can get the story, you'll love it.

^^ Oh god, Super Meat Boy... I spent hours upon hours with that game, getting all A+'s in like the first four light worlds, and the first three or so dark world. I was gonna try to 100% that game, actually. Then I realized I like having hair I haven't torn out yet. If you're not crazy like me, though, it's fantastic, and it only gets better (read: harder) from there. Oh, and DAT SOUNDTRACK.

Since the new Fire Emblem game will be arriving in March, I've been replaying Shadow Dragon and trying to do 100% routing of the enemy and 100% survival rate.

And they NEED to make a new Fire Emblem game for the WiiU. Radiant Dawn was absolutely awesome, and I have yet to play another strategy game with such an insane final boss.

Quick thoughts on some Christmas presents for my 3DS -

Concerning Paper Mario Sticker Star - lots of humor, and it's particularly devious for a Paper Mario game. There's no more "sure thing" attack like a standard Jump or Hammer - once you're out of stickers, you're sunk. You have to plan four or five battles in advance. I also like that the main storyline of the game is like a collection of short stories.

Concerning Kid Icarus Uprising - my favorite 3DS game now. So incredibly intense and fast-paced, and using the Circle Pad for movement and ABXY for aiming actually works rather well. I seriously can't get enough of this game. Gradually getting good enough to play on higher intensities - 6.0 is the highest that I've gotten on a few chapters so far.

After taking far too long of a break, I decided it's time to pick back up on Pokemon Black 2 again...still at the 4th gym, leveling up my monsters in preparation for it.

Console games: still plugging along on NSMBU at the final castle in the 6th world, also playing Resident Evil 6, doing the Leon campaign. Can't have a Resident Evil with classic corny dialogue