TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

^ I agree, it's one of the best games I've ever played.

So I picked up Spacechem while it was on a pay-what-you-want sale a few days ago... I'm hopelessly addicted.

There's no way to explain the game without sounding like an idiot for liking it, but here goes... you have to design complex circuits and systems that take given atoms/molecules and form specified molecules from them, and.. you know what, just

Gameplay and a MUCH better explanation.

The game is HARD, though. Like, the last four levels I've completed took me about an hour of trial and error each to solve. You really have to think outside the box in a new way for every single puzzle. But all the trouble is worth it for that final moment when your cycle is perfectly functional and efficient, and you can kick back and watch it chug along to the goal. I love it.

Been playing Team Fortress the past few days, especially since setting up HLDJ, where I can 'micspam' random songs...quite fun to play along to Heavy singing "Breakfast Machine."

Also decided to pick up my DS and get back to my dormant Pokemon Black, still haven't passed the 3rd gym yet. I guess you can say I like taking my time with games

I'm just in the middle of my playthrough of Pokemon White 2, with 5 badges in tow. I find its soundtrack, much like Black and White, very impressive...I am always baffled as to how Game Freak managed to get what sounds like orchestrated music onto the DS in the form of the new and improved title theme.

Great game all around, longer and slightly more challenging than B1/W1, and I find it has a more "full" feeling to it as well. White 2, you'll be helping me survive the off season very nicely!

Also on the Pokemon discussion, I just picked up a copy of Black 2 over the weekend. I've played it in short bursts but am currently leveling up my pokemon. I started off with a Snivy and my party consists of Snivy, Riolu, Pidove, Lilipup, Psyduck, and Azurill...which may change in just a bit. I'll be ready to take on the first gym soon, just want to evenly level out my Pokemon first.

I really like the Super Mario Bros. games on the 3DS (New SMB2, and SM 3D). Amy and I have the 3DSXL and really like them. They're a little big, and embarrassing, to carry around, but they are really nice and super tough. We rented Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D on Gamefly the other day so it should be arriving soon! It doesn't have the best reviews, but it may be different when a roller coaster nerd plays it. Also, if anyone is interested in Gamefly, I have a coupon where we both could get a free month. Just PM me if your interested.

Pre-ordered a few of the new Wii-U's for possible Christmas eBay selling! Most of the Pre-orders are already sold out. I don't expect it to do nearly as we'll as the Wii, but if not, I can just return them! We made over $1000 dollars when the Wii came out, even if we make $100 i'll be happy.

Yeah, I was going to pre-order a Wii U, but there's no reason for it because I'm here at school and won't be able to play it.

I think you'll have a decent turnout. I'd bet that you'll sell every one that you list.

I finally held a Wii U controller earlier, pretty neat! Too bad the store only had video demos, no actual gameplay to spark an interest. As much as I want to get one, I think I just may wait it out for a bit. I know it's going to be a while before more are available but that will give the console some time for the game library to build up and I'll be able to see the system's potential...or the possible endless shovelware games the Wii was doomed with. In the mean time, I pretty much see this system as a console version of the DS, due to the tablet controller (which is huge by the way). I have a feeling most of the games coming out will be a bit gimmicky with that secondary screen and/or will primarily be used for menu screen/item inventory stuff (easy switch of weapons for Zelda title?).

Speaking of DS, I'm still (slowly) moving along on my Pokemon Black 2 adventure. I actually traded over my Lv25 Dewott from Pokemon Black, going to start a new game, maybe get Tepig to also trade over...then start a new game on Black 1 again. I'm currently leveling up my monsters to Lv30 to knock out the tricky Elesa (4th gym, not to be confused with Elissa ). My party consists of Dewott, Servine, Sandile, Growlithe, Magnemite, and Lucario.

Last but definitely not least, I'm totally ready for Black Tuesday as I'm going to call it (Black Ops II)...ready to start killing some zombies!

Pre-ordered a few of the new Wii-U's for possible Christmas eBay selling! Most of the Pre-orders are already sold out. I don't expect it to do nearly as we'll as the Wii, but if not, I can just return them! We made over $1000 dollars when the Wii came out, even if we make $100 i'll be happy.

That reminds me of a picture I have saved from when the PS3 was released. Don't go too overboard...save some for the people that actually want to play the console instead of re-sell it.

0ecc_3.jpg.277347d8e0459532d5b9f56fd7e64ed1.jpg

I guess you can figure out what I'm playing

Black Ops 2 features an in-game recording system where you can rewatch some of your previous matches in free-roam, first, or 3rd person, through all player's eyes (by switching). You can scrub through and pull out the highlights from that match (like your long range head shot through the trees) and watch it from any angle. It's pretty sweet!

Also, finally actually PLAYED a Wii U today at Game Stop when picking up Black Ops. Only game available to play was Rayman. The graphics were stunning and very crisp! Given it was just a sidescroller, there's not a whole lot I can say but it looked pretty good! On the other hand, I did not quite get to see the full features of the tablet controller...it pretty much served the purpose of being a secondary, sometimes useless screen at times. Actually, it is very much like the Nintendo DS in console form.

Black Ops 2 features an in-game recording system where you can rewatch some of your previous matches in free-roam, first, or 3rd person, through all player's eyes (by switching). You can scrub through and pull out the highlights from that match (like your long range head shot through the trees) and watch it from any angle. It's pretty sweet!

Also, finally actually PLAYED a Wii U today at Game Stop when picking up Black Ops. Only game available to play was Rayman. The graphics were stunning and very crisp! Given it was just a sidescroller, there's not a whole lot I can say but it looked pretty good! On the other hand, I did not quite get to see the full features of the tablet controller...it pretty much served the purpose of being a secondary, sometimes useless screen at times. Actually, it is very much like the Nintendo DS in console form.

Sooo.. it does what the Halo series has been doing for five full years now?

But I had the same experience with the WiiU recently, I was very pleasantly surprised. The controller is far more comfortable than I expected, and WOW did Rayman Legends look and play amazing. I still probably won't buy the system, since I'm planning on building a new computer in the next couple of months, but I certainly won't dismiss it.

Waited 4 hours in a "stand-by" line at Walmart for the launch of WiiU. I didn't pre-order it, as I WAS going wait until it was easily found on shelves... well, that all went out the window when I got antsy and went to the launch. I was able to score myself the deluxe system, as well as New Super Mario Bros U and Scribblenauts Unlimited (And of course the Deluxe came with Nintendo Land). So far I am liking the WiiU just fine. You can't go wrong with a Mario game. None of the games I have so far push the system graphically by any means, however NSMBU looks amazing the way it is. Just good "cartoony" Nintendo goodness. Nintendo Land sort of serves as the WiiU's "Wii Sports". A mostly easy to understand, pick up and play game. A good one to break out with some friends and beer! And Scribblenauts is just a bigger more polished expansion of the DS games before it.

Oh... and I'm also tinkering with LittleBigPlanet2 on the PS3.