TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I need to get back on my Pokemon games...on Black, I'm at the 3rd gym. I need to level up my monsters. I want to get them up past the gym leader's levels so I'm not 'just barely making it' through. On HeartGold, I have about 10 gyms down now.

Taking a break from Pokemon for the moment, I recently popped in Mario 3D land so I can finish where I left off. Now at World 7, so far behind on coins (I have about 58 star coins).

It's a sad day for Socom fans. All of the PS2 and PSP Socom servers will be shutting down on August 31. Socom 2 was what got me into online gaming and, in my opinion, the greatest online game ever created. Nothing beats the community that game had. RIP old friend.

Man that sucks! I better get the original before its to late!

Yeah, I watched all three press conferences, and here are some highlights -

• From Microsoft - Halo 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Forza Horizons; along with already-announced games. Microsoft announced Xbox SmartGlass, which is essentially Apple AirPlay, but between Xbox 360 and web-enabled tablets and smartphones. They also announced Xbox Music, which essentially replaces Zune.

• From Sony - Beyond: Two Souls; plus two companion games for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III to be released on the Playstation Vita; along with already-announced games. Also, Sony announced Wonderbooks, which uses PlayStation Move along with augmented-reality books. It launches with an interactive spell book based on the Harry Potter universe.

• From Nintendo - Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Wii Fit U, and Nintendo Land from Nintendo. Lots of developers like WB Games and Ubisoft showed off new games and enhanced Wii U ports of existing games, such as an enhanced Batman Arkham City from WB and a brand new title called ZombiU from Ubisoft. The 3DS was briefly touched on, and it will have its own presentation Wednesday night.

My brother got me two amazing video games while yard sale-ing last weekend:

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 - This game is reminiscent of the original Call of Duty. However, the gameplay is a bit different, as you command squads and tanks throughout the D-Day invasion. This game may have been released awhile ago, but it is still an amazing game that features some awesome gameplay, challenging levels, and some humor.

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings - This is a classic strategy game. This game is about you being the Scottish and having a small army that you must build up to defeat the enemy, the English. There are a couple games that are similar to this: Civilization and Medieval: Total War. This game focuses on more than just battle, you also have to manage your economy and make it very powerful. This game may be from 1999, it still is an amazing game that is just fun all around.

I'm finishing up my Nuzlocke of Pokemon Pearl right now. I should be done tomorrow. Either failed or victorious.

Not sure what you mean by Nuzlocke?

I'm playing Pokemon Diamond right now. I restarted my brother's game on Sunday and I've already have about 30 hours of play time. Only have beaten the third gym but pretty soon I should be ready to face the 4th. I'm taking my time on the game to figure out my core team and train all of them equally, do all of the side-tasks, and fill up my Pokedex as I go.

Basically, It's a challenge where you can only catch the first Pokemon you see on a route and if a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead and you can never use it again.

Something like three years after first trying it, Psychonauts is still the strangest, funniest game I've ever played.

And it's a dang fine game, at that. A bit rough around the edges on PC, but still fun. Especially having taken a basic psychology class, I actually understand a lot of the jokes.

• 2 weeks later...

^ It's fine, I managed to get him with my bow before he got a chance to use it. Being a stealthy archer in Skyrim is amazing fun. I started this game about a week ago and my archery and sneak are already both over 60. I cleared out Kolskeggar Mine completely without being detected once. Nobody ever knew I was in there.

I just caught Dialga at the Spear Pillar yesterday! The entire moment was completely epic! I almost turned off my game without saving so I could watch the whole thing again.

I went up Mt. Coronet with some lower-level Pokemon hoping to train them higher but mostly just got KOed. Dialga was a lvl. 48 and all my guys were 41 or lower... so I used pretty much all my revives just to get through. Ended up catching him with a Timer ball because of how long it took. Totally worth it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Pikmin 2 a couple of days ago. Just beat the Cavern of Chaos, and am heading to the Hole of Heroes. The game is so much easier with the Wii controls.

EDIT: Just beat the Titan Dweevil. I just played through 39 floors of pure horror.

Was in a Big Lots store (Discount/discontinued goods) earlier when I randomly walked by the forgotten/bargain bin games when I saw a gem sitting there, being the DS game Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I've never played it before, was tempted to pick up a copy a year ago when I got Ocarina of Time only to not see it anywhere other than maybe Game Stop. So yea, I just started out on the game, trying to figure out where to go and get used to the whole stylus-only controls. So far it seems like it's going to be a cool/fun game!

Also dusting off LittleBigPlanet 2 while trying to think up some level idea and make PS Move-integrated stuff.

Trying to do an eight day run of Pikmin 2. I'm currently on day four and need to wrap up Awakening wood on the day that I get blue pikmin. The real challenges are going to be Perplexing Pool and Wistful Wild as they are the largest, and most difficult areas to finish in one day.

I love the music in the Pikmin franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

After not playing games for a while (been busy with work) I have decided to not finish any games I have started and instead crack open Team Fortress 2! I've always loved the art style and have been meaning to play it for ages! After a couple of sessions I find that I normally play as BLU scout or RED engineer. But I also like playing a Pyro as well. Only downside is that now I'm addicting to playing this, all my other games have been forgotten about!

I made my first purchase from the Steam Summer Sale 2012 today.. Frozen Synapse's DLC and soundtrack, just over $3 total.

Something tells me that this is going to be the first of many... The only one I'm absolutely sure to make is the Walking Dead season pass, that'll surely go 50+ percent off on a daily deal.

Currently playing House of the Dead III which was on the Playstation Store for $6.99. This has been so much fun with the Playstation Move, especially with my younger brother, that we just bought the Sharpshooter gun housing for the controller. Also, House of the Dead 4 coming up after this.