TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I'm strongly thinking of picking up Pokemon Black, despite what one of my friends told me. I've played a little bit of it (just the introductory stuff) and think its time to buy a copy of the game as I don't want to spoil any surprises or any of the plot.

It's a good game, but it's too easy IMO. Definitely pick it up though, it's a very good game.

Well, was quite a bit of work getting my party pretty close/within range of each other level-wise. I just defeated the Pokemon League on Heartgold. My lineup was: Feraligatr, Magneton, Mew, Entei, Ho-Oh, and Red Gyrados. And the reason why G/S remain my favorite Pokemon title...when I was younger and made my way through the league and saw the credits, I thought that was the end...until I found out there was a whole new region to hit up, the old-school Kanto region, complete with 8 more gyms, followed by 'fighting yourself' (being the Champion) from when you did Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. The sidequests aren't as deep but there's still plenty to do and plenty of leveling up.

It's a good game, but it's too easy IMO. Definitely pick it up though, it's a very good game.

After reading this, I saw several things about B/W pretty much saying it's been dumbed down (as in mainly bridges joining the cities rather than a labyrinth of paths), unlimited TM usage (that actually sounds kinda nice), and so on. As much as I still want to get it, I don't want to be disappointed, having played all the other Pokemon games (didn't fully play through Ruby/Sapphire).

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The main story is relatively easy, but it's the sheer amount of side quests and post-game content that in my opinion make Black/White really great. For example, after you complete the main story, there are five new routes to explore with cities in between them, and they're all based around Pokémon from previous generations.

It's not a massive post-game like Gold and Silver, but I completed Black's story almost a year ago and I still play it often. Same with my SoulSilver, which is my personal favorite.

^This. Even though it's the most straight forward of th games, it still has a good storyline and has a good post-game.

EDIT: Sorry about the lack of Es earlier. My E key had a staple under it.

Edited by accelerate

I booked tomorrow off as a vacation day at work.

Wow. That's dedication.

I play WoW and Diablo III for free so I true it out. I'm not sure if I like the click to move and fight interface. I also keep trying to zoom out or use my extra mouse buttons. Hopefully I get used o it, but it won't get me to leave WoW.

Picked up a copy of Pokemon Black today after dealing with some poor customer service at my local Fail-Mart, took about 15 minutes to get someone to the game cabinet. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided to start with Oshowatt (in which I named "Water-Boy"). While the principle is the same, it feels like a fresh new adventure since I have no clue about these new Pokemon and their types/how good they are...I'm going in blindly to build up my team.

Still playing Heartgold, just caught Lugia, roaming around in the Kanto region trying to level up a Dratini and Pikachu I also just caught.

No longer F2P on Team Fortress 2, so I can add friends now.

I'd be happy to play sometime!

So after a year or so of neglect, I popped Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness back into my PS2, in the mood for something different. Seriously, what did I dislike about this game enough to stop playing it? It's awesome!

I mean, yeah, the visuals are horrid and all (abysmal resolution, but good art), and the voice acting can be extremely grating, but it's just so.. fun. Silly. Challenging in the best way possible. I think this is gonna be my go-to game for a little while.

Also: I think I made a mistake in purchasing Medieval II: Total War on Steam during a sale a while back.. I hate RTS games, but I just couldn't resist the price. I've booted it up once. And the more I watch videos of the game, the less fun it looks. Sigh.

Also: I think I made a mistake in purchasing Medieval II: Total War on Steam during a sale a while back.. I hate RTS games, but I just couldn't resist the price. I've booted it up once. And the more I watch videos of the game, the less fun it looks. Sigh.

I know that feel. I bought it full price two years ago at a friend's insistence and I still can't even begin to get it to cooperate.

Anyone excited to play Diablo 3?

I enjoyed Diablo II, but the maintain constant internet connection jazz makes this a game that I might have picked up one day (purely because again, I like Diablo II), but now won't. Multiplayer does nothing for me- I like sticking to single-player mode. No biggie, I haven't even made it through Diablo II yet. If I remember correctly, I didn't even get past the desert levels. Maybe one day someone will figure out a way to get around the mandatory connection and I'll find time.

I read a preview article not too long ago which was accompanied by screenshots. It looked like World of Warcraft. To me, that's another huge strik against the game. Keep it.

Ahh the curse of the steam sale. I've got a library full of games I bought during steam sales, and either haven't played, or have yet to finish.

It's a sad day for Socom fans. All of the PS2 and PSP Socom servers will be shutting down on August 31. Socom 2 was what got me into online gaming and, in my opinion, the greatest online game ever created. Nothing beats the community that game had. RIP old friend.

The new Humble Indie Bundle is amazing, guys.

Psychonauts, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, LIMBO, and Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery, and Bastion if you pay more than the average. Oh, and the soundtracks for all of these free (Might I mention that Bastion has one of the best soundtracks of ANYTHING I've ever heard).

I own 4/5 games in this bundle, but I'm still mighty tempted to pick this up for Psychonauts and the soundtracks alone.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

I finally finished the Kirby's Return to Dreamland Extra Mode. The final boss battle(s) in EX mode is/are extremely challenging, even if you spam the Spark ability.

I'm thinking I'll get one more Wii game in before the Wii-U gets launched at the end of the year. Suggestions?

I'm finishing up my Nuzlocke of Pokemon Pearl right now. I should be done tomorrow. Either failed or victorious.

Not sure what you mean by Nuzlocke?

I'm playing Pokemon Diamond right now. I restarted my brother's game on Sunday and I've already have about 30 hours of play time. Only have beaten the third gym but pretty soon I should be ready to face the 4th. I'm taking my time on the game to figure out my core team and train all of them equally, do all of the side-tasks, and fill up my Pokedex as I go.