TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Ooh I didn't even think about Samauri Either way is good with me, time will tell.

I can't remember the website now (I'll have another look later) but it listed four or five ideas rumoured to be the next game. I also really like the idea of the next character being female but I don't see that happening.

So I was looking at a few games that are on sale on Steam right now (Medieval II: Total War and Alpha Protocol, to be exact), when a thought came upon me: I've completed a relatively small number of games that I own. I didn't realize how huge my backlist of games is until I sat there and thought it out:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 2 & 3, Starcraft, Age of Empires III + expansions, Borderlands, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl & Call of Pripyat, Fallout 1 & 2, Civilization IV + all expansions, Frozen Synapse, Jamestown, Shadow of the Colossus, Pokemon Diamond, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Serious Sam: The First/Second Encounter HD, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Guild Wars, and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

Wow. That list is even more daunting the more I look at it.

How does your guys' list compare?

• 2 weeks later...

3DS owners, (if three are any on here)... An addicting game has arrived this past week on the 3DS...that is, Tetris Axis. I just picked up a copy last night, tried multiplayer tonight...you can play against 7 other players at once online plus the game's packed with a generous amount of different modes including the classic Tetris (and Marathon/Endless mode). It's a must get (and you can even practice being an inefficient ride op by stacking ), that's what I've been playing all day...wouldn't mind playing some fellow TPR members at this.

Battlefield 3. I have a feeling I may skip Skyrim or pick it up for when Im done with Battlefield. But Ive waited a long time for this to come out. Ever since MW2 got old Ive wanted something more than a run and gun game. Treyarch butchered the COD series and in black ops sniping was a waste. Obviously because they wanted the "OMG RUN YOUR ASS OFF AND SHOOT!" style of play. Not my style. I like the team based, class based games. That and something with a bunch of realism.

Bring on BF3. Been playing the Beta like crazy and it looks as good as Forza 4 and has all the makings of epic shooter.

^I still need to download that beta...except I'm on an Xbox. Is it available on 360?

Downloaded Forza demo. Didn't have much time to play it, but it was lookin' sharp.

Its done tomorrow, the BF3 that is. And yea, thats all I have as well. Downloaded the Forza4 demo and wow its perdy. Just one problem.

Ever since I got into iRacing, I CANNOT race with a joystick anymore. I need a steering wheel.

Since I'm late to the the PS3 front I'm playing through all of the playstation exclusive series' but EA's NHL 12 is stealing my attention A LOT lately. I did buy MLB 11 The Show yesterday and I think I'm going to take it back. They attempted to copy EA's analog control system and failed miserably. While playing my first baseman I followed the procedures in the tutorial (right stick down to throw home, right to first, up to second, left to third), pushed up to throw to second and he throws home. The next play I compensate and figure that it must be relevant to which direction he's facing so I push up while facing third to throw to third, and he throws to second........

They attempted to copy EA's analog control system and failed miserably. While playing my first baseman I followed the procedures in the tutorial (right stick down to throw home, right to first, up to second, left to third), pushed up to throw to second and he throws home. The next play I compensate and figure that it must be relevant to which direction he's facing so I push up while facing third to throw to third, and he throws to second........

I love MLB: The Show 11, however what I will tell you is that the game has got a very high learning curve. As somebody who has been playing baseball video games for years (my first baseball game was Hardball III, anybody remember that one?) I find that The Show is so much more realistic that it makes it much more difficult. Unlike in previous baseball games, The Show makes hitting a lot harder by including both balls and strikes. The analog hitting makes it that much harder because now you have to consider the pitch location as well as work on the timing, assuming you have a strike to begin with. What I did when I first got the game was drop the batting back into a pure timing mode while I got used to the other new features. After I while I started playing with the analog hitting again until I had picked it up.

As for me, I finished Heavy Rain for the first time the other night. I killed everybody so I'm thinking a second play through is going to be in order. Uncharted 3 will be my next game.

I picked up Forza 4 at around 3PM today and installed all the add-ons. By 3:30 I was fully engrossed in it. This game is amazing! If you have Forza 3, it is not that much different, as it only has a handful of new tracks, but the visuals are even more impressive.

They attempted to copy EA's analog control system and failed miserably. While playing my first baseman I followed the procedures in the tutorial (right stick down to throw home, right to first, up to second, left to third), pushed up to throw to second and he throws home. The next play I compensate and figure that it must be relevant to which direction he's facing so I push up while facing third to throw to third, and he throws to second........

I love MLB: The Show 11, however what I will tell you is that the game has got a very high learning curve. As somebody who has been playing baseball video games for years (my first baseball game was Hardball III, anybody remember that one?) I find that The Show is so much more realistic that it makes it much more difficult. Unlike in previous baseball games, The Show makes hitting a lot harder by including both balls and strikes. The analog hitting makes it that much harder because now you have to consider the pitch location as well as work on the timing, assuming you have a strike to begin with. What I did when I first got the game was drop the batting back into a pure timing mode while I got used to the other new features. After I while I started playing with the analog hitting again until I had picked it up.

As for me, I finished Heavy Rain for the first time the other night. I killed everybody so I'm thinking a second play through is going to be in order. Uncharted 3 will be my next game.

I'd agree, the analog controls take getting used to but are great once you start getting the hang of it. I do however suck at batting (I've always sucked at batting on baseball video games but did pretty decent defensively).

Still hooked on Tetris: Axis for 3DS, trying out the other game modes and playing online.

I picked up Forza 4 at around 3PM today and installed all the add-ons. By 3:30 I was fully engrossed in it. This game is amazing! If you have Forza 3, it is not that much different, as it only has a handful of new tracks, but the visuals are even more impressive.

I've yet to get it, but I'm going to try to get it today!