TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite PA Park and/or ride

What is your favorite Pennsylvania park?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Pennsylvania park?

• Hersheypark
    • Dorney Park
    • Kennywood
    • Knoebefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to most of them, but I picked KW for the Phantom's Revenge and the three great woodies, and awesome collection of flats!

Katie

I have only been to Hershey but I do know what coasters are at the other PA parks, and I think Storm Runner, Lightning Racer and Great Bear would keep Hershey just a nose in front of Dorney, Knoebels and Kennywood (love to visit those 3 parks and be proven wrong though).

Knoebel's is not only the best park in PA, it is perhaps the best park anywhere. And it has the best wooden coaster ever with The Phoenix.

Hersheypark and Kennywood are also both excellent parks, among the best in the US. Dorney is OK, probably not as nice as it used to be with a fairly "eh" collection of rides. It does have a kick-ass waterpark, though...

dt

I think the problem with Dorney is that once Cedar Fair bought it, it started to lose it's classic amusement park feel with the removal of a lot of classic rides like Journey To The Center of The Earth, those rockets like in Disney's California Adventure and the more recent removal of the boat ride (Water Skooters?) as well as some other flat rides like the Paratrooper.

It seems like they are turning Dorney into another thrill park which I think makes it less unique and special

It seems like they are turning Dorney into another thrill park which I think makes it less unique and special

IMHO, I think that pennsylvania has enough 'classic parks' just look at Knoebels, Lakemont Park, Kennywood, Waldemeer, Conneunt Lake Park, Idlewild, Delgrosso's, Dutch Wonderland, William's Grove, and Bushkill Park. They are all pretty much traditional parks.

So, I think Dorney should be modernized.

And as for being unique and special, I think that's where Hydra comes in...Jojo Roll, giant flatspin, no loop, inclined immelman, etc.

I voted for Kennywood, not just because it's my home park, but also because the atmosphere in Kennywood is totally good natured...the park is very well kept and it's houses my favorite coaster, the Phantom's Revenge. Kennywood also has the best food out of all the 27 parks that i've been to.

Hershey & Dorney are great parks as well, you don't find to many parks like Dorney, Hershey, & Kennywood nowadays, everything is getting copied or mirrored like the Majority of the Six Flags Parks. "Notice I Said Majority!"