TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

what coaster did you severely underestimate

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, that drop is the only memorable part of that ride. The rest of it is mediocre at best. It is quite fun, though, to feel like you're going to get chucked right out of the coaster.

Yeah, it's definetly a one trick pony.

Though that one moment is one of the biggest WTF moments I've ever had.

Unfortunately, that drop is the only memorable part of that ride. The rest of it is mediocre at best. It is quite fun, though, to feel like you're going to get chucked right out of the coaster.

Agreed. It really looks like a nothing ride. That last drop doesn't even look all that special. But, it delivers one of the most terrifying coaster moments around.

I really like rides that look lame, but wind up rocking, like Cornball Express. Who would have thought that little kiddie looking coaster wouid rock so much?

I know this is going to sound wierd but i didnt expect that much out of tatsu. I was happy it was open and stuff, But it blew me away. I guess part of the reason is the height of the ride, at the top of the lift, its 262' thats taller than Goliath!!! Also the pretzel and the Egg Turn Blew my mind

I really thought that the now defunct Orient Express at WoF was not really that intimidating when compares to Mamba and Timberwolf but when i got on it I was so surprised! I found it smooth and i became really scared since i thought it was going to be a breeze. Arrow multi loopers can be shockers

Speed at Oakwood, From the moment it was announced, I thought it was going to be a forceless, ugly mess of steel.

As construction started, I began to get apprehensive, looking at the sheer size of it. But i still thought it was going to be a glorified wildmouse.

I rode it within 10 minutes of it opening in april, and I was blown away by how intense it was. It holds its place steadily as #4 in my top 10.

Swamp Fox. I expected a lame John Allen "air-less" woodie, and it was, until I rode it during rainstorm in the back seat. Wow!

PKI's Racer. Another John Allen woodie I expected to basically suck. The outward trip had loads of fun air. The trim on the turnaround killed some speed, but the return trip was still great. I never presumed I would like the Racer so much.

Wild one at six flags america. At first glance I thought it was gonna be boring but that thing blew me away! The airtime the laterals it was all very sweet! And it was nice to see the haunted shack thingy behind it!

Without question, the Dania Beach Hurricane. When I first heard about the plans for it, and then watched it's construction on a weekly basis, I couldn't help but think, "aw, how cute, that little FEC is trying to build a woodie."

Six years later, it's funny how something so inconspicuous can hold it's own against the top ten woodies in the entire world!

the launch on RQOS was intense! it looked fast, but i never thought it would give a sense of tunnel vision!

scarily enough, Corkscrew scared the hell outta me too, the bars lock ok, but when we hit the top of the lift hill, the restrainst went down a notch, leaving a massive gap between me and the OTSR. corkscrews like that are insane!!!

the Beastie was also quite scary for a kiddie coaster

i really underestimated Oblivion as well, it didnt look too high, but when you look over the treeline and see Alton(?) in the background, it sure is scary!

The rollercoaster in Tivoliworld Malaga didnt look too fast, but it really is with tonnes of ejector airtime! spend half the time standing up from the airtime!

I'm going to have to go with Cornball Express. I wasn't expecting anything out of it really and I spent a good majority of the time laughing like crazy everytime there was a pop of air!

Laura "Why in god's name are there lizards running around on my screen?" Huls

Agreed. It really looks like a nothing ride. That last drop doesn't even look all that special. But, it delivers one of the most terrifying coaster moments around.

I really like rides that look lame, but wind up rocking, like Cornball Express. Who would have thought that little kiddie looking coaster wouid rock so much?

Am I the ONLY one who thinks Cyclops has moments other than the third drop? It might just be that I'm so light (19 years old and only 126 pounds), but I could not stay in my seat the entire ride

Also, Vortex and King Cobra were two of my favorite rides and nobody likes those...

Am I the ONLY one who thinks Cyclops has moments other than the third drop? It might just be that I'm so light (19 years old and only 126 pounds), but I could not stay in my seat the entire ride

I agree. for me there were at least two other poinst where there was some air, and I spent the whole ride laughing.

That drop though - HOLY GUBSGUBS. I knew it was coming and I still almost died. It also made Nikki scream

Others:

-- Adventure Express at PKI, my favourite coaster at that park.

-- Phoenix at Knoebel's. I thought it would be good, but not THAT good.

-- Big Dipper at Geauga Lake. It was an afterthought to ride it, and ended up being awesome and deserving of a ton of re-rides.

-- Lightning Racer at Hershey. It looked very good, but I hadn't really read or heard much about it so I went in not thinking it would blow me away like it did.

-- Batman at SFGAm. I'd heard mixed reviews on Batman clones, and didn't expect much - possibly something similar to Talon - and was blown away. Non-stop intensity from start to finish! This thing was insane.

There are probably a lot more - I like to underestimate things, rather than overestimate.