1. 1. How long is your commute?

• I work at home (no commute)
    • 15 mins or less
    • 15-30 mins
    • 30 mins to 1 hour
    • 1- 1.5 hours
    • 1.5- 2 hours
    • over 2 hours

I live approx. 6.5 miles away from my school. Fastest I can get to school/home by bus is about 40 mins (it depends on when I start/end school and much on bus and sometimes train connections).

It can also take up to 1.5 hours when I start at 11, which I quite rarely do, because then I have to: walk 0.5 miles to busstop, sit in a bus for about 5 mins, walk to the trainstation 0.8 miles, wait for 15-20mins there, sit in a train for 7 mins, walk 600ft, wait 13 mins, sit in a bus for about 16 mins.

But, usually I start at 8 and then my mum drives me craz.. erm.. to school, which takes about 18 mins.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many moons ago, I used to have a job where I had to commute from Ft. Myers to Naples, FL. The round trip was 74 miles a day! It took me an hour to get to work and home. If there was an accident on I-75 (there usually is 1-2 times a week during rush hour), I was screwed and could't get home for hours!

Now I work closer to home and my round trip is around 24 miles a day. Since I go to work in the middle of the afternoon and leave at night, it's a 20-30 minute drive.

I live about 30-40 minutes from downtown Charlotte where I work.

I drive about 4 miles to the bus stop and park my car and ride the Express Bus in. They are really nice coaches, not like normal city buses.

For the size city Charlotte is, we have a very nice transit system and it's still being improved. We will have light rail running pretty soon as well to the south side of town and eventually east and north.

I drive about 15 miles and it takes 20 minutes to get to work. I live right off of I 295, and my work has it's own interstate exit so the coolest part is that there's not a single stoplight along the way. If I don't need to get gas, or visit anyone I can go a whole week without stopping at a light.

My drives to both school and work take under 10 minutes. I'll *never* have hour long commutes. That's like against my religion and stuff, the religion of no commutes.

I used to be able to walk 2 minutes to work, but I subsequently moved out of downtown. Walking to work is nice. I want to do that again.

I'm getting ready to apply to professional school next year, and one of my main things is being able to live near school. This rules bigger cities like Chicago and NY out.

I've got a 40 mile drive that takes about 45 min. - the one good thing about having to leave for work at 3AM - then it takes another 15-20 min to get from the parking ramp at Humphrey terminal to my checkpoint at Lindberg. (just because the money-grubbing #@!holes on the MAC councel would rather rent the employee lots to Thrifty Car Rental than let the employees park there and god forbid we be allowed to park in the four huge ramps at the main terminal) Going home usualy takes a bit longer because I have to actualy sort of obey the speed limit.

Takes 15-20 minutes to get to college depending on other commuters and weather. As far as work, it's a 5 minute walk up the street, or a 1 minute ride. I can actually see my work's bright red (McDonalds style) roof from my street corner. I walk home from work as parking there's a pain...(small customer/employee lot, limited street parking)