1. 1. How long is your commute?

• I work at home (no commute)
    • 15 mins or less
    • 15-30 mins
    • 30 mins to 1 hour
    • 1- 1.5 hours
    • 1.5- 2 hours
    • over 2 hours

Since I deal with commuters almost every day, It got me thinking about the average commute.

some people ride over 2 hours to and from work each day. I just could not imagine spending 4.5 hours a day going to and from work. (not to mention the trains being late some days)

How far do you commute each day?

my "normal" station base is only 25 mins away but sometimes I have to drive 1hr 10 min to the Fredericksburg commuter station.

for 3 months I had to drive 2 hrs to work about 2 times a week and that really sucked.

JEFF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My drive to work is between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on traffic and road construction (which is currently plaguing Williamsburg, thanks to the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown settlement and the monstrous crowds they're hoping to attract).

My drive to work is between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on traffic and road construction (which is currently plaguing Williamsburg, thanks to the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown settlement and the monstrous crowds they're hoping to attract).

Yet they still do not feel the need to widen I-64 from 2 lanes to 3 for each side between the "News" and Richmond Airport. Summer time is a killer.

JEFF

^ Makes me sad. Drives like that literally take days off of our lives. I wish there was something I could do. Does Robb like grilled cheese sandwhiches?

I live 7 miles from the COC, and it takes me 25 minutes to make the commute during peak morning/evening times, which is rediculous in and of itself. If its mid-day (but not during lunch time), and I punch it the way us 17 year olds are supposed to drive, I can make it in 10.

-Jahan

I used to work 1/2 mile from home and could easily walk. Now I have to drive about 15 - 20 minutes each way.

I remember when I lived just north of Atlanta, it would take me 45 minutes to drive 7 miles (from East Cobb to Sandy Springs for you Atlanta People.)

david

15-20 minutes here. I just shoot down Lincoln til it hits Sepulveda, and then make a left on Imperial after I go underneath the LAX runway.

I live like 5 minutes from Robb's work. I pass it anytime I don't want to take the 10 towards Culver City, or if I want to eat at a chain restauraunt.

I <3 Venice Beach

My 9 mile drive takes about 25 minutes. When traffic is really bad (snowing or whatever), it'll take as much as 35 minutes.

I really like my commute as I get to down Western Ave in Chicago .. which is really a lot of fun. It's two lanes each way (not divided) with people turning left, right, parking, buses, cyclists, construction trucks, etc. It really is fun, like being in a video game. You never know what's going to happen!

Cameron.

I used to work 1/2 mile from home and could easily walk. Now I have to drive about 15 - 20 minutes each way.

I remember when I lived just north of Atlanta, it would take me 45 minutes to drive 7 miles (from East Cobb to Sandy Springs for you Atlanta People.)

david

Yeah traffic sucks over here. Anytime you have to use GA 400, top hand perimeter, or 75 during rush hour sucks. I remember I was going to Lenox and it took about an 1hr to go 2 miles!!!!! It just so happened there was a REAL bad accident off of 85 and they were trying to clean it up.

Well since I don't work yet, school is about a 15 mile drive from my school. Fortunatley there are some back roads in the Dunwoody area, so we can avoid the 75/400 route, but those streets are usually clogged pretty bad. So it takes around 50 mins to 1hr to get to school with traffic. Not as bad as the highway though. My school is in the College Park area (not the ghetto area) and some of the busses that come from the 85 north past perimeter and the 400 area are always late.