TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2006 Coaster Season Stats

^I was nervous before our first trip this year because there was so much wood! It ended up being awesome though and now most of the coasters in my top ten are woodies. I think I had one woodie in there last year.

I really liked Wild Beast until this year. They put new wheels on it and it feels like there are brakes in them or something. They slow down the train as it goes, it's weird. They ruined it

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this season will pale in comparison to next season's...

!!!

Now, can you guess where we're planning on hitting? The blue/black dots represent stops on the trip! And yes, the rhino is our actual driving path. How awesome is that?!

Had a pretty good year:

Kentucky Rumbler in March. COLD!!

Cedar Point

Indiana Beach

Kennywood

Holiday World - twice

Michigan's Adventure

Paramount's King's Dominion

Six Flags Magic Mountain - first time there and Tatsu campout was great fun!

Dollywood - Except Timber Tower was down

Beech Bend Park - During a Harley Davidson event! Saw naked biker chicks you'd never wnat to see naked,

Paramount's King's Island - my frist time back to my home park in almost 2 years, and my first fearfest.

So not too bad, but not as great as i had hoped, with losing my job mid-summer, my budget ended pretty quickly.

-James Dillaman

^^ No Lake Winnie stop?

Edit: Oh yeah, um, I had a good year. Rode some new coasters. Rode some old coasters. Attended a couple events. Made some new friends. And I look forward to next year. Sorry, not real big on yearly stats anymore.

It may still be factored in, but honestly I just forgot to put the marker next to it

There are also a couple of parks that may or may not be added to the agenda, based on financial situations. We also may have to take a park or two off. We'll see.

But it's still something to look forward to!

Hopefully we can also meet up with the TPR Mid-West trip at Cedar Point as well. It'd be cool to meet some of y'all.

I had a fine year myself, with trips to Florida in February, Chicago in July, and had Tatsu Media Day stayed on schedule, to California in April. But it was a fine year nonetheless.

Coaster count: 56

# of new coasters this year: 20 (yes, 40% of my credits came in the past eight months, I know I'm a relative rookie)

# of new 2006 coaster ridden: 0

Park visits: I lost count back in June

Different parks visited: 10

New to me parks: 2

Park visited most often: Valleyfair (it's my home park, duh!)

Wood coaster ridden the most: High Roller (for obvious reasons)

Steel coaster ridden the most: Wild Thing or Excalibur (see above)

Best "New to me" coaster: Boy, this is tough. Between Montu, Sheikra, and Raging Bull, I'd have to go with Montu by a hair over Sheikra (a one-trick pony) and Bull (braked down).

Biggest new-coaster bust: American Eagle, SFGAm. For as imposing as it is over the SFGAm skyline, it sure doesn't kick very hard.

Awesome experiences:

The whole Florida trip in February with Jerry D and David B

Riding Viper (SFGAm) in a downpour so hard that you couldn't see across the parking lot.

Getting the last rides on Iron Wolf, Eagle, Raging Bull, and Viper before they were shut down due to said rainstorm. Both are from my August visit.

Going wire-to-wire at SFGAM on June 30, and meeting some friends from Michigan.

Lunch at VF Coaster Craze

Noah's Ark College Student Day

High Roller on Opening Day and Halloween night without the trims. High Roller is a totally different beast without those trims.

Not-so-awesome experiences:

Realizing the hard way that my semi-waterproof slicker wasn't waterproof

Wild Thing's operations

Hades' operation and how well it isn't aging

Freezing my behind off at the Kissimmee county fair

On the slate for 2007: Solace and WCB (TATSU!!!!), Renegade here at VF, and who knows what else...

My year was good for me, but pathetic when compared to most. I went to SFMM, SFSTL, Holiday World, and Silver Dollar City. I seriously think thats about it.

That gives me Tatsu and The Voyage for new for 2006 (at least both were great), X, Goliath, Deja Vu and everything at SDC and HW for new to me. Everything else was just re-riding things, but were pretty enjoyable (save Psyclone).

This year I added 43 coasters (+6 transportable coasters) which is nearly half of what I usually add. But new credits are harder for me to get and I also spend as much effort getting back to my old favorites. I rode half of my top ten wood and steel coasters. So overall it was another solid year which included some obscure credits and a great trip to Europe.

My coaster count is now up to 776 and I started a portable coaster list which has 6 credits. My wood count is now at 163 and that is the count I'm most interested in. I also like to chase Schwarzkopf credits and getting Olympia Looping and Alpina Bahn was something I enjoyed.

Spring Fling at SFOG was a great event. I was glad to finally get to one. Goliath was stellar but Mind Bender stole the show. I also took a trip up to Canada's Wonderland for the first time in 13 years and picked up several new credits.

Holiwood Nights was such an incredible time. My first new #1 wood coaster in 8 years. Finally getting back to Holiday World for the first time since SRM was definitely nice. Rumble Fest followed and was better than expected. Kentucky Rumbler was a great ride and we had a good night ERT session with the GCI guys.

Even though Coaster Celebration at SFGAdv was terribly mismanaged it was a blast. I never expected to get 5 El Toro rides with minimal waiting but I did because of the event. We never quite knew when or where ERT was to be but we just showed up at rides like Batman and Nitro and we just rode while the queues cleared out. It worked out.

My trip up to Nova Scotia was an interesting adventure. Upper Clements Park is so elusive to most enthusiasts that it was a great feeling to finally get there to ride the Tree Topper.

I had a long weekend in the Dells. Hades had one rough spot but otherwise it exceeded my rides of last year at night. And Avalanche was downright sick at night. Near the end of the summer season I also made a return trip to Holiday World to ride the Voyage some more. It was well worth it.

I saved the best for last with an Oktoberfest based trip which included Austria and Hungary as well. We had a mostly solid lineup of parks. We encountered many different types of new parks and a couple old favorites. Oktoberfest itself had to be the highlight. It was truly remarkable for both the fair aspect and the beer tents.

In all despite getting a more modest amount of new credits the overall quality of my coaster season was very high. I had a good mix of new and old.

Coaster count: 206

# of new coasters this year: 15

# of new 2006 coaster ridden: 2

Park visits: No Idea

Different parks visited: 10

New to me parks: 4

Park visited most often: Disneyland

Wood coaster ridden the most: Dania Beach Hurricane

Steel coaster ridden the most: Space Mountain

Best "New to me" coaster: El Toro hands down. Amazing ride, even if it doesn't feel like wood. I loved every minute of it. Dania Beach Hurricane was a close second with it's crazy airtime. S:ROS is up there too.

Biggest new-coaster bust: Kingda Ka - Tree Top Racers, I figured it would be slightly more fun.

Awesome experiences:

-Power riding DB Hurricane in the middle of January by myself

-Getting into Adventure City for free after pleading w/ the cashier not to make us pay full price

-Riding Scandia Screamer for the first time in the rain before they shut it down and wondering if the brakes were actually going to work

-Meeting a bunch of great online people in person finally at PPP.

-Getting my niece and nephew's impressions of SFMM

Not-so-awesome experiences:

-3 hour line for El Toro, 2 hour line for Kingda Ka

-Slow ops at SFMM

-Overall fatigue level on my PPP trip

!!!

Now, can you guess where we're planning on hitting? The blue/black dots represent stops on the trip! And yes, the rhino is our actual driving path. How awesome is that?!

Oh my God, Angry Rhino Trip!!!!! LOL!!!

Let's see.. PCW or just your starting point, Holiday World, Beech Bend, Dollywood, SFOG, ?, BGW, PKD, Dorney or hershey?, Knoebel's.. no SFDL on the way home? why not?

^ Yeah, well i'm like the guy who posted after the 1000th vistor of this thread. So there! HA!

For me, this year was named:

"Lame Operators, Tornados, suprising Arrows, Construction Photos and the Launch"

IE, Dreamworld, Seaworld AUstralia, WBMW and W&W.

Overall, i got 2 *aweosme* new Credits (Corckscrew and Superman, Escape) 2 "put off for life credits (Lethal Weapon (Crapper than usual) and Cyclone(Also Crapper than usual)).

Summary:

DW sucked, Sea World Suprised, WBMW Slightly Bored and W&W Produced Fine quality as usual.

Let's see.. PCW or just your starting point, Holiday World, Beech Bend, Dollywood, SFOG, ?, BGW, PKD, Dorney or hershey?, Knoebel's.. no SFDL on the way home? why not?

Not to mention you'll be driving right by SFKK in Louisville. And, that you could by a Maxx Pass and throw in CP , CFPKI and GL,.

Not to mention you'll be driving right by SFKK in Louisville. And, that you could by a Maxx Pass and throw in CP , CFPKI and GL,.

Starting point = my house [right next to PCW ]

My house -> Holiday World -> Beech Bend -> Dollywood -> SFOG -> Carowinds -> BGW -> PKD - HersheyPark -> Knoebel's.

We tried to minimize the amount of SF parks, since we don't want to get Six Flags passes. So SFOG is our only one. We also have no reason to return to SFKK or SFDL after our trips this past season, and we still haven't had a good experience at PKI so that's useless for us. We're planning a seperate trip to CP and GL next season, most likely during the TPR Mid-West trip. But Maxx Passes will most likely be purchased

And hahaha @ the Homer face.

This year has been pretty good for what I usually do.

Total coaster count: 61

New coasters this year: 9

New parks: (including fairs) 3 (Wheelock Rides, The Great Escape, Martin's Fantasy Island)

Amount of coasters added to top 5 wood coaster list: 2 (Comet at The Great Escape is #1, Silver Comet is #3)

Amount of coasters added to top 5 steel coaster list: none

Total amount of parks including fairs, water parks, etc: 11

(Rapids Water park, Wheelock Rides, Dorney Park, Sylvan Beach, Seabreeze, Thunder Island, The Great Escape, Roseland Water park, New York State Fair, Martin's Fantasy Island, Six Flags Darien Lake, (Technically it was 12 because I went to Wheelock Rides at two different locations))

Canceled parks: 1 (Boomers, Dania) I did almost purchase the tickets, but Dania Beach Hurricane and Blender were both closed, so I saw no point in going in. I consider a park where I don't enter the gates a "Cancelled Park". Oh well, at least I'm going to try again next April.

I named this year Monkeys and Coasters, because I went to Monkey Jungle during my Florida Trip.

Current: 30

New: 23

New Parks: 3 (Disneyland, SFMM, SCBB)

Total Parks: 7 (Disneyland, SFMM, KBF, SCBB, Pacific Park, Rye Playland, Martin's Fantasy Island)

Trips to each this year:

Disneyland: 1

SFMM: 2

KBF: 3

SCBB: 2

Pacific Park: 0

Rye Playland: 1

Martin's Fantasy Island: 0

Trips planned for remainder of year: 2 - KBF for both

Coasters added to top 10: 10

Canceled parks: 1.5 (One trip to Disneyland, SFGAdv [half-canceled... never really had a definite plan])

Let me see here,

Worked all Jan and most of Feb.

Activated end of Feb.

Had a 10 day leave between training and Afghanistan, of which:

2 full days wasted at the airports due to flight delays and such.

2 additional half days at airports and flying.

3 days in Phoenix, Arizona visiting my brother, but I did nothing because I had a sinus headache from Hell.

2 days spent tying up all loose ends so I wouldn't have any problems while I was away for a year-plus.

2 days spent with family and friends.

Arrived in Afghanistan.

Nope. No coaster loving at all. This year blew chunks.

But I did fly in a BlackHawk for the first time. A bit unnerving when the crew chiefs (gunners) decide to do a test fire and not tell the passengers!

(Just wait till I get home!!! Credit whoring, Hooah!!!)

Wasn't my top year in terms of number of credits, but it wasn't bad:

Current coaster count: 487

Count for this year: 121

# of those that were new-to-me: 65

# of new for 2006 coasters ridden: 8 (I think, I'll have to double-check that later)

Most ridden wood: Boulder Dash (22)

Most ridden steel: SFoG Goliath (20)

Best new-to-me wood: Voyage

Best new-to-me steel: Expedition GeForce

Most pleasant surprises: SFoG Goliath. I had high hopes, but wow; Silver Star really shredded my low expectations

Hilights: Sue & Rich's wedding; Adam & Ellen's wedding; Todd & Krista's wedding (hmm, anyone noticing a trend?); Spring Fling; Holiday Park; 3 days in Berlin without a coaster in sight, and not caring! (Yes, Berlin is THAT interesting!)

This was actually a really good year in some ways and not good in others:

Parks Visited: Knott's, SFMM, SFOG

Park Most Visited: Knott's

Coasters Most Ridden: Tatsu at SFMM, Silver Bullet at Knott's

New Coasters: 4, Tatsu at SFMM, Goliath at SFOG, Deja Vu at SFOG and S:UF at SFOG. Tatsu and Goliath made my top five, Tatsu made #2, second only to X and Goliath #5.

Best Events: Coaster Solace/West Coast Bash, Tatsu Media Day and Campout, The two parties Robb & Elissa had (one after Solace and one in August) and Halloween Haunt at Knott's.

Best Rides: 24 rides on Tatsu at Media Day, Goliath at SFOG, the rides on X at West Coast Bash, ERT on Silver Bullet at Solace.

The Bad: X at SFMM running one train for most of the summer and then closing in August, not to reopen until January; operations at SFMM going steadily downhill during the summer and still not improving; Tatsu operations becoming very poor with long waits even in Flash Pass line.

Plans for 2007: Hopefully getting a chance to visit both Busch Gardens Europe and Busch Gardens Africa in the summer of 2007 and getting to ride Griffon, looking forward to X reopening in January, looking forward to Coaster Solace and WCB in March.