TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ask Alvey - What the hell is this board????

robbalvey

Robb, I got kinda a silly question, but does old town have the classic cobra ride? Someone had told me that they do, but I don't see it listed on there website. If they don't have it, is there anywhere that you know of that does?

I have been on the hunt for this ride for years now. It was one of my favorates growing up.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, I got kinda a silly question, but does old town have the classic cobra ride? Someone had told me that they do, but I don't see it listed on there website. If they don't have it, is there anywhere that you know of that does?

I have been on the hunt for this ride for years now. It was one of my favorates growing up.

Thanks for any help.

Do you mean this thing?

Edited by cfc

^ Yep, that's the ride I am asking about.

I have it listed as "closed" in the Park Index. Fun Spot (Kissimmee, not Old Town) So either it was not there when I last visited in October, 2011 or someone told me after that time that it had been removed.

Edited by larrygator

• 2 weeks later...
Thank's for the info.

I wish I could find this ride operating somewhere.

I remember seeing one at the York Fair in Pennsylvania the last two years. I've been on it and from what I remember, it wasn't too intense or spectacular.

Hi Robb, it's me Boomer from TPS and I just stumbled in here by accident but imeedeatly fell in love with this site! Being the old man that I am I move slow and have gotten used to usually being the last person on the planet to stumble into anywhere that's cool. This site is cool, even though apparently I am the last human being alive to have found TPR... as usual!

Anyway, not really here to ask you anything, just wanted to check in and say hey. I've been wandering around these vast, wonderful and colorful rooms and halls of TPR and forums and for some reason even the many donkeys roaming around here seem to be strangely... not weird. (well maybe that one was, just a little) I will be around a lot now though because to tell you the truth, the "spirit" of this place is amazingly similar to the spirit inside of me. Anyway, I'll be easy to spot, even amongst all the donkeys, I'm the old man slowly wandering around everywhere, dazed and confused, drooling and talking to myself, but with a smile on my face so big it actually leaves my face on both sides.

Congrats on a very cool place my friend keep up the good work... or should I say play.

---Boomer---

• 10 months later...

Question Robb/Elissa: I realize there's possibly going to be a China Tour in 2016, and probably one or two US tours as well, but are you thinking and/or working on anything special for the 10th Anniversary of TPR Tours? Just curious.

(And I had absolutely NO IDEA where the f*** to ask this question.)

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi.

sorry in advance for posting here.

but.

i am having problems posting new threads

i tried in this section, and also the random section

i'm trying to ask someone to take me off the mailing list thing where updates are sent about the website

thank you

Below are the instructions to unsubscribe from this mailing list. Please

do not send me a reply saying "remove" or demanding that we remove you or

claiming that you never signed up for this email list. This email ONLY

goes out to people who have an active account on the forum. If you wish to

unsubscribe, follow the instructions below...

Thank you for your understanding!

User Control Panel > Board Preferences Tab > Mark NO under "Please add me

to the mailing list"

• 1 month later...
Will the Trip Report Archive be updated anytime soon? It's cool to check out older trip reports - but it'd be nice if there was a solid collection from the years after 2012!

One of our summer projects.

I had time today and got halfway through 2013. We still have 30 pages of threads to review for the reminder of 2013 and 2014 to catch up.

Will the Trip Report Archive be updated anytime soon? It's cool to check out older trip reports - but it'd be nice if there was a solid collection from the years after 2012!

One of our summer projects.

I had time today and got halfway through 2013. We still have 30 pages of threads to review for the reminder of 2013 and 2014 to catch up.

Thanks for the reply, Larry! I know it's time consuming.

• 4 months later...

So, next year i'm taking a vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC. I've searched and searched for something with a coaster in day trip range, I can't find anything. Wild Adventures and the Myrtle Beach stuff are just to far away to be considered a day trip on this vacation. I assumed that if anyone would know of a place in closer proximity, it would be Robb, so that's why i'm asking you? (i looked for a thread to ask something this specific and didn't come across one, so if this is the wrong place i'm sorry. "but What the Hell right?") Even if it's just a place with a kiddie coaster, it could provide us with some fun.

Edited by mordecai-75