TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Worst B&M I've ridden: Great Bear at Hersheypark. I've never found it to stand out in any special way other than the helix.

Worst Intamin I've ridden: Volcano at Kings Dominion. Very unpopular opinion, but I cannot seem to get even a remotely smooth ride on the thing. Always come off with a headache.

Worst GCI I've ridden: I don't want to say any GCI I've ridden is worse than another because they were all great. And yes, I have ridden Wildcat, and it wasn't nearly as bad as what I expected.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really have the worst coasters as in crappy but more so its not as fun as the others from said companies

B&M. This may be an unpopular choice for this but I'd have to say X-Flight at great America. I dont hate it and think its fun,however compare to the others its kind of tame. The first time i went on it i thought it was pretty awesome but after that it kind of meh. I actually prefer Gatekeeper.

Intamin. I guess I'd have to say V2 also at Great America. It was hard putting this one as i really enjoy launched coasters. But i guess compare to the others been on its as amazing. Still its a really fun ride to me. And as many times i been on it the launch still catches me by surprise still its not as fun as the others

GCI. I never been on a GCI coaster so i cant say much about this one.

B&M: Probably Wild Eagle, I've ridden all the North American B&M wing coasters and really like the other 3, but this was the most pointless wing coaster. Honestly I wish it was a standard B&M looper or floorless. I can tolerate the restraints on the others, but I really didn't like it on WE. It's a good ride, but not fantastic.

Intamin: La Vibora, I still really like this ride but it's not nearly as good as the Cedar Point's. Not a bad ride and is very fun.

GCI: American Thunder, I love this coaster but I've only been on this and Thunderhead.

I may have posted in this thread already, but I rode over 40 new coasters this summer from all three of these manufacturers, so I'll update it.

Worst B&M: Apocalypse at Six Flags America. I hope the fire effects burn this ride to the ground.

Worst Intamin: It's not necessarily a bad ride, but Superman at SFMM doesn't do much for me. I don't think I've ridden a truly "bad" Intamin!

Worst GCI: Wildcat at Hersheypark. Enough said.

I've only ridden one GCI and that's Wodan at Europa Park, I thought it was okay but pretty rough compared to Intamins woodies.

Furius Baco is the worst Intamin I've ridden, it would've been great but it's one of the roughest steel coasters I've been on.

Green Lantern (B&M) has a good layout and I like the concept of standing on a roller coaster, but my legs hurt so bad on that ride because of the blood pressure that I could barely even scream.

As I mentioned in another thread, I've only really been to theme parks here in SoCal (ie., Knott's, Disneyland, and SFMM).

The only GCI coaster I've ridden is Apocalypse at SFMM, so technically it's both the best and worst GCI coaster I've ridden. I wouldn't wait in a 2-hour line for it, but I do love that ride. I suppose you could count Ghostrider at Knott's as a GCI coaster, since GCI refurbished it last year, but I haven't ridden it in at least 5 years.

SFMM and Knott's have their share of B&M coasters, and I have to say my least favorite is Riddler's Revenge. People complain about Viper being rough, but I can ride it 3 times in a row before getting a headache (which I usually do, because nobody ever goes on Viper ). But one ride on Riddler's Revenge gives me a headache AND leg cramps, every time.

As many times as I've been to SFMM, I've never ridden their Intamin coasters, so I don't have an opinion on those. I've heard Green Lantern is painful, and Superman is closed every other time I'm there. Flashback was long gone before I started going to MM.

Worst B&M: Leviathan. It wasn't worth the trip to the GTA (but not much is ).

Worst Intamin: Ok, I understand Cobra at La Ronde isn't great but I don't think it's that bad. My vote goes to Colossus at Thorpe Park. The ten inversions thing is just a gimmick and the ride itself is boring.

Sadly I've never been to a park with a GCI, so I can't rate them

Least favorite B&M: Apocolypse at SFA or Le Vampire at La Ronde. Also, Rougarou, Batman TDK and Hydra gave me headaches.

Least favorite Intamin: Le Cobra at La Ronde. Bad standup.

Least favorite GCI: WIldcat. That needs to get Ghostridered ASAP.

I kinda liked Iron Wolf and Vortex, yes they were rough around the edges but those old B&Ms seemed to have a kick to them that the newer ones lack. Not gonna lie though its been awhile since i've ridden either of those and the roughness bothers me now more than it used to so I may not enjoy them as much now.

The most dissapointing one i've ever ridden was Montu. The first time I rode it was in like 2000 and after hearing so much hype it just kind of let me down, I had ridden BTR a bunch of times by then and the large elements just didn't seem as intense. I have had a few good (minimum trim) rides on Montu since then but I still wouldn't rank it highly.

The worst B&M i've been on unquestionably was the floorless coaster in at Ocean Park in Hong Kong. Holy crap that thing was rough as ****....I swear it was 10x worse than Iron Wolf, I don't know what it is about that park but all of their coasters are terrible.

Worst GCI by far was Gwazi. Even after it got the new trains it was still a terribly rough ride, Wildcat is rough but Gwazi was a lot worse. Also I don't know why but I remember Gwazi always having really slow dispatch times as well, which just made it that much worse, and for some reason it was always like that even back when it was new. Not only was it the worst ride in the park but it also always had the longest line because of the slow operations.

Intamin...hmmm...I guess the only one that jumps out at me is Green Lantern at Magic Mountain. That ride sucks bigtime: painful, rough, nauseating, low capacity, and not only that its in a park that already has a 4D coaster so they already had a much better version of something similar. My friend wouldn't even go on Batman at SFFT because of this ride (I realize its a different ride model - but after riding Green Lantern when he saw Batman he was like hell no).

B&M - Oblivion, great concept but just way too short. At least it never ever has a queue!

Intamin - Probably Colossus, just not great - I preferred Furius Baco.

GCI - Not ridden any but Tomahawk at PortAventura has Mini Millennium Flyers - that counts right?

GCI: I want to say Gwazi but since it is closed, I would have to say Apocalypse at SFMM. Every time I have ridden it the ride runs like complete garbage. Not sure if it is the parks maintenance or the dry weather but it is just extremly rough.

B&M: They have a number of boring rides out there but I have to go with Rougarou as the worst. It is a head banging terrible time every ride. I get a head ache every time I make the mistake of ridding it and I just have a better time when I skip it entirely.

Intamin: Green Lantern First Flight at SFMM, never been on any other ZacSpins but I found this to be much worse then the version from S&S, and frankly down right uncomfortable. I can see why Six Flags decided to only install one.

• 6 months later...

I don't necessarily find all these as the worst, but they are the lowest I have ranked of those ridden:

B&M: Vortex @ Carowinds

I'm sure many would say this is the worst; it may be. I don't find it absolutely horrible, but I do only find that it's a one and done per visit. I would be more than ok if they do the floorless conversion. That would likely warrant re-rides.

Intamin: Volcano

This one is in my top 10 so of course I don't think it's bad or worst in any way (other than bada**). I've only been on 2 Intamin coasters. I look to expand this next year.

GCI: Gwazi (Lion)

This is the only one that is a true worst for me. I'm sure many agree it was horrible. The Tiger side always seemed to ride better for me even pre-Millennium Flyers. Mind you I thought more highly of both sides when I first visited in 2007. However within 5 years of that it just got down right uncomfortable and would walk away with a headache no matter what the temperature or my hydration level was.

GCI: No opinion, since I only have Apocalypse @ MM for GCI credits

B&M: Green Lantern, SFGrAdv: Um, ow. In the front row, this is fun. Anywhere else, it isn't too rough, but it does give you a half-decent dosage of pain. Only stand-up credit, but...

Srsly

Intamin: Green Lantern, SFMM: I feel like Hal kinda has to give up the ring now. No explanation needed, this ride just plain hurts. Like the S&S 4Ds, Arrow/S&S (rides like X2) are okay, ZacSpins suck

GCI - Apocalypse, SFMM, The layout seems fine, but the ride runs like complete garbage, the weather in LA does not help but it just feels like the parks maintenance department never does any track work.

B&M - Hair Raiser, Ocean Park, The ride was extremely rough and I have heard of others with the same complaint, which leaves me to wonder does it just need new wheels, or is it just a bad ride, no question the roughest B&M I have heard of

Intamin - Green Lantern, SFMM, Unlike the others this has nothing to do with maintenance, it is just a terrible ride

B&M: Vortex, Carowinds

-It was fine for me as it's decent and fun, but the rest of my family members were in pain one way or another. The hour plus wait wasn't worth it.

Intamin: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

-Because I rode this as a GP I got pretty terrified and nearly hit my head at the bottom of one of the hills. I definitely wasn't ready for it back then, but I am now and would love to ride it again someday. Other than that I guess Skull Mountain would be the weakest for me.

GCI: Wildcat, Hersheypark

-Was unbearably rough and found no airtime at all.

Intamin: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

-Because I rode this as a GP I got pretty terrified and nearly hit my head at the bottom of one of the hills.

I'm trying to imagine how this is even possible.