TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO:

Intamin: Rita Alton Towers

Painful, rough, only good part is launch which only feels like 0.5 sec.

B&M: Vortex CA Great America

This thing may as well have square wheels, but its still worth riding.

GCI: Roar before the first-drop re-track.

I think my head is still rattling from that...

• 6 months later...

Bringing this thread back, and adding in RMC

Best (cause why not?)

B&M - Leviathan, Nemesis, Swarm, X-Flight, and AIR/Galactica

Intamin - Expedition GeForce, Maverick, and Intimidator 305

RMC - All of them

GCI - Thunderhead or Wood Coaster (Knight Valley)

Worst

B&M - Hair Raiser, it gets a lot of credit for being custom and super intense, but it's not that big or fast. One of the smallest B&Ms.

Intamin - Flashback/Space Diver, if they didn't have the bulky OTSR then I would change this.

RMC - Storm Chaser, IMO is the worst of the RMCs but of course still amazing.

GCI - Gwazi or Wildcat, simply for just being super rough.

^Can you give us a review of Storm Chaser since you've obviously ridden it?

Anyways...

Worst GCI: I have only ridden Apocalypse so I guess Apocalypse

Worse B&M: This is tough, but I have to go with Batman: The Ride. It's a good ride, but the only other B&Ms I have ridden are Tatsu, Riddler's Revenge, Scream!, and Silver Bullet

Wost Intamin: Easily Green Lantern: First Flight. The ride is uncomfortable, boring, and painful.

GCI-Wildcat at Hershey Park (Very fast and I think it's a great wooden coaster, but it's the roughest GCI I've been on)

B&M-Vortex at Carowinds, rough and extremely boring.

Intamin-Kingda Ka (Rough on the launch and really not thrilling to me in any way, I can honestly say that every single Intamin I have ridden has been better)

Worst B&M: the stand-ups can be painful. Riddler's Revenge SFMM hurts my balls, Shockwave SFMM (1986-89) hurt my head. Those are the only stand-ups I've been on.

Worst Intamin: Green Lantern: First Fight SFMM hands down is not a good ride.

Worst GCI: Apocalypse SFMM. Was great when new. Now is so rough my whole body hurt last time I rode it.

• 2 weeks later...

B&M: Krake - Heide Park, still a great ride though!

Intamin: Bob - Efteling, it's fun but Colossos, Goliath, Expedition GeForce are just on a completely different level.

GCI: Joris & De Draak - Efteling, I've only ridden 2. And Troy (Toverland) is way better, IMO.

Intamin: Bob - Efteling, it's fun but Colossos, Goliath, Expedition GeForce are just on a completely different level.

GCI: Joris & De Draak - Efteling, I've only ridden 2. And Troy (Toverland) is way better, IMO.

You have just names some great coasters! How could you put any of them under the category of 'worst'?

You have just names some great coasters! How could you put any of them under the category of 'worst'?

Because those are the "worst" coasters I have ridden from that manufacturer. None of them are bad, they are still amazing rides! Krake is in my top 10, but it is the "worst" B&M I've been on (Black Mamba, OzIris, Flug Der Dämonen, Baron 1898 are better than Krake, IMO). The same reasoning for Intamin and GCI. I have only ridden two GCI's, Troy and J&DD, and I think Troy is better. So that makes J&DD the "worst" GCI I have been on, not meaning it to be a bad ride at all..

B&M - Vortex (Carowinds)

Intamin - Wilderness Run (Cedar Point)

GCI - Gwazi (BGT)

Pretty much all of the B&M Stand-Up coasters would be at the bottom of my list, but Vortex, which I just rode last year, was horrid on a whole different level! Mantis, which no longer even exists in Stand-Up form, was WAY better, even at its worst!

I know Wilderness Run is kind of cheating. And no, it's not a "bad" ride, for what it is - a kiddie coaster. But of all of the Intamins I've ridden, it's by far the dullest, most boring, and therefore "worst", in my list.

I remember really enjoying both sides of Gwazi when I rode it initially, way back in 2001. When I last rode the Lion side in 2014, it admittedly wasn't a great coaster anymore... It's too bad the ride deteriorated so badly over the years. I will say that Wildcat at Hersheypark was given serious consideration for this dubious distinction as well, however. The two are/were not that far off!

Furius Baco from Intamin is rough as hell. That Wing Walker prototype has not been successful. I hope B&M can do some job to it

That's too bad! I can't say that I'm overly familiar with this coaster, but "on paper" (and video) it seems like it would be a winner! Would new restraints and/or new cars- would this help? (costly I know! Just curious of your POV)

For Intamin/B&M its Flashback hands down. I believe Flashback was built before B&M separated from Intamin to form their own company so it could count for both. Flashback was technically built by Intamin but had the B&M looking track with the four across each row like most B&M rides.

For GCI, my least favorite one I've ridden is Wildcat at Hersheypark.

B&M - Green Lantern at Six Flags Great Adventure (or pretty much most of the stand-up coasters)

GCI - Wildcat at Hershey Park (this is an obvious one)

Intamin - I'm not really sure, but some of the kiddie coasters I've ridden might have been Intamins. I have to check. But I'd go with that.

• 2 weeks later...
For me, all three reside in the same park - SFMM

Riddler's Revenge (B&M)

Green Lantern: First Flight (Intamin)

Apocalypse (GCI)

Apocalypse is well built but it has to be at the bottom of the list globally for track maintenance though. It's probably too late to save without needing a total re-track like Ghostrider.

• 6 months later...

Bringing it back

B&M - I've liked all the B&Ms I've ridden, but I'm going with Superman - Ultimate Flight. I know, I know. I've only ridden one of the stand-ups, Georgia Scorcher, and that was a nice surprise. Superman, besides the pretzel loop, is forceless, boring and suffers from lots and lots of downtime (at GAm at least)

Intamin - Again, my Intamin count is low enough I really enjoy them all. So with that, I'm gonna go with Avatar Airbender.

GCI - Only ridden American Thunder

I have never ridden any GCIs, so I have no authority there.

Out of all of my Intamin credits, I honestly have to say Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. I would ride it again, its good. But, since I have few Intamin credits, it isn't so high on my list

I only have 2 B&M credits, and out of those, the lesser one was Batman: The Dark Knight at SFNE. Great ride, but second to CP Raptor.