TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B&M: Mantis. It wasn't terrible just not very enjoyable (when compared to the others I've been on)

Intamin: indiana jones et le temple du péril. Unlike most I don't dislike the coaster. It's just... meh...

I haven't ridden enough GCIs to answer this.

B&M - Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFGAm)

Intamin - Wicked Twister

GCI - Gwazi (defunct)

Superman and Wicked Twister aren't bad rides, they just aren't that great compared to other rides from their respective manufacturers.

I'm going to change my Intamin selection to American Eagle. It's pretty easy to forget that American Eagle is an Intamin because it isn't your stereotypical Intamin. It's a rough and uninteresting ride.

After looking at RCDB for operating B&M/Intamin/GCI rides I've been on...

B&M (28) - Iron Wolf @ SFGAm[ -> Apocalypse @ SFA now]

Intamin (17) - American Eagle @ SFGAm [i'm ignoring "Wilderness Run" at Cedar Point.]

GCI (4) - Wildcat @ Hersheypark [Was one of my favorites before the Millennium Flyer trains. Now it's just painful.]

I am not going to lie, it was a little hard to pick a "worst" of each of these companies because to me, for the most part they all make pretty solid attractions.

B&M: Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando.

Don't get me wrong, Kraken is a decent ride, it just was nothing special. It was not a very memorable coaster, and half the time I forget that it is even at the park.

Intamin: Fahrenheit at Hersheypark.

Again, Fahrenheit is by no means a "bad" roller coaster, but of all the Intamin roller coasters I have been on this one was the least memorable. Also, I may have been spoiled by Maverick so when I finally got a chance to ride Fahrenheit I was highly disappointed... Probably because I was young, and dumb, and expecting a similar ride to Maverick, and... well now I realize that would be like trying to compare Apples, and Poodles.

GCI: Wildcat at Hersheypark.

Yet again, Wildcat is not a "bad" coaster it was just very easy to forget. I rode it once and had no desire to ride it again. Not because it was bad, but because it was just... meh.

If you think it's overrated then that's your opinion, I don't even necessarily disagree though I still love the ride... but saying it's the "worst Intamin you've ridden" just strikes me as trying to stir the pot. If you really believe that I'd be curious to know some of the other Intamins you've ridden.

B&M: Batman The Ride clones. They're great rides but they nauseate me. It's gotten to a point where it's not even worth riding any more. I'd still recommend this ride to friends though. I've never been on Apocalypse (Iron Wolf) so I can't say I've been on a bad B&M, just many forgettable ones like The Dark Knight at SFNE.

Intamin: Here to defend Skull Mountain, whose first drop alone is better than plenty of lesser Intamins. Again, haven't been on any I would consider bad. So I'll just say El Toro to piss everyone off. Not a big fan of Impulse coasters so I suppose Possessed @ Dorney would be my real answer.

GCI: Wildcat is a good ride guys. Leave it alone. Go back to picking on Gwazi or something. Jerks.

^While I enjoyed i305 and it's in my top 10, I found the ride to be slightly overrated *runs for cover*

+1. I was kind of let down for some reason. It was almost too much to ride over and over again. Great experience and coaster for the bucket list, though.

^While I enjoyed i305 and it's in my top 10, I found the ride to be slightly overrated *runs for cover*

+1. I was kind of let down for some reason. It was almost too much to ride over and over again. Great experience and coaster for the bucket list, though.

Yeah. I like this ride a lot, and it's in my top 10, but it's a "I have to be in the mood" kind of coaster. I'll never say "oh I don't know right now" about MF, Maverick, Alpengeist, Fury 325,etc. (unless they have an ungodly long line), but i305 and TTD are two I could pass on if the rest of the group wasn't strongly interested in riding. I have the credits, I enjoy them as rides, I enjoy the intensity, but it's not as much of a "OMG I HAVE TO" kind of coaster the way I feel about certain other coasters out there.

Ready for my extremely unpopular opinion? If Anaconda is less than 5 minutes wait, and i305 is a 45 minute + wait, I'll go ride Anaconda a few times and hope the i305 line dies down later in the day.

Intamin: Skull Mountain/Disaster Transport- I know both have a following, especially Skull Mountain, but I really just don't like them . . .

GCI: Wildcat- Ow

B&M: Mantis/Green Lantern- While I have ridden Green Lantern more recently, I remember disliking Mantis a similar amount.

I ran in to KD ready for a marathon on I305 but after 2 consecutive rides even I had to take a break. The strain those forces put on your body is noticeable. Worth it though, personally

Strangely enough the forces on I305 never really bothered me, meanwhile some old school B&M's can ruin my day. I never blacked out on I305 and rode it 6 times in a row and felt alright. However, every time I ride Batman (which most people would consider a great ride) I feel nauseous and have blacked out during the second loop at least once.

I don't understand my body. But I can totally understand why some people really don't like I305. It doesn't matter if a ride has great airtime or awesome inversions, if it makes you sick it's no fun.

Here we go, people:

B&M: Iron Wolf (now known as Apocalypse) formerly of Six Flags Great America, now at Six Flags America. Ironically, it was my first B&M.

Intamin: This one is a tough one, as I always had good rides on Intamin coasters. So as of now, I don't have a worst Intamin coaster.

GCI: Without question, GWAZI AT BUSCH GARDENS! I haven't rode other GCI coasters as of yet, but I heard and read good reviews of most of them, but the big consensus is that Gwazi is(was ) one of GCI's worst coasters, and I can agree with that.

Yeah. I like this ride a lot, and it's in my top 10, but it's a "I have to be in the mood" kind of coaster. I'll never say "oh I don't know right now" about MF, Maverick, Alpengeist, Fury 325,etc. (unless they have an ungodly long line), but i305 and TTD are two I could pass on if the rest of the group wasn't strongly interested in riding. I have the credits, I enjoy them as rides, I enjoy the intensity, but it's not as much of a "OMG I HAVE TO" kind of coaster the way I feel about certain other coasters out there.

Ready for my extremely unpopular opinion? If Anaconda is less than 5 minutes wait, and i305 is a 45 minute + wait, I'll go ride Anaconda a few times and hope the i305 line dies down later in the day.

I usually do the same thing with Anaconda. Me and my brother called it "The Backup Plan" in case any of the rides we were waiting for were excessively crowded (*cough* Volcano) or if the ride was broken down. Back on topic...

Intamin: I know people will hate me for this but Volcano was a huge let down for me. The launches were great, the inversions were great, but it was the opposite of a smooth ride and it was really unfortunate that it was so short. Absolutely below my expectations.

B&M: I loved every single B&M I have ridden, but here's a special case. We need to have Dominator's first half and second half listed as different roller coasters. The first half was absolutely great, but right after you fly over the MCBR, you think you are riding an old school GCI. Speaking of which...

GCI: Hershey's Wildcat. Enough said.