TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

B&M: Any of the Superman: Ultimate Flight coasters. The pretzel loop is good, then the rest of the layout is absolutely lazy. Tatsu and Manta are so much better.

Intamin: I can't really think of any bad Intamins, but my least favorite is V2 at SFGAm. The ride doesn't do a lot for me. I've ridden these impulse coasters in the front, middle, and back seats, and I can't bring myself to wait beyond 15-30 minutes to ride them.

GCI: I don't think I've ridden any bad ones, and yes that includes Wildcat at Hershey and Gwazi. I'd have to say Gwazi would be my least favorite. It seems like they tried too hard to make the dueling points that there's too much "filler" elsewhere in the layouts.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B&M- Mantis? I don't think I hated it too much, but I like the others I've ridden better.

Intamin- I've loved all of their rides, but I think I'll have to choose California Screamin'. It was just a little boring, and I wish it didn't have OTSR's (does it really need them???)

GCI- I guess I'll have to choose Roar at SFDK- I actually really like the ride,but the only others I've ridden are Apocalypse and Gold Striker, which are both a bit better (they're all great, though.)

• 1 year later...

B&M - Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFGAm)

Intamin - Wicked Twister

GCI - Gwazi (defunct)

Superman and Wicked Twister aren't bad rides, they just aren't that great compared to other rides from their respective manufacturers.

B&M: Scream, SFMM. Not a super bad ride, but very rattly and ugly.

Intamin: Furius Baco. No wonder they never build another WingRider, it is the single most painful coaster I've been on. Disaster Transport was pretty boring as well, but not agressively bad.

GCI: Haven't ridden enough to say.

Superman Ultimate Fluff (B&M) - What an unfortunate waste of steel and land.

White Lightning (GCI) - Not bad by any means, it's just the one that I found least memorable.

Half Pipe (Intamin) - sucks. Still not a fan of Mehrenheit or Cheetah Hunt, but after visiting Elitch Gardens, Half Pipe really impressed me in a bad way, and is in a league of it's own.

B&M - not counting the awful standups, I'd say Intimidator. It gives me such a bad headache. Guess I have always gotten a bad ride on it.

GCI - haven't been on many but Apocalypse was rough.

Intamin - Green Lantern, which I didn't really think was all that terrible, but I'm in no hurry to ever ride it again.

Of those I have been on:

B&M: Superman Ultimate Flight. Like others have said, the pretzel loop is the only memorable part of the ride.

Intamin: Colossus at Thorpe Park. Got some terrible headbanging on this one. My opinion is though only based on a single ride in 2005, I don't know how I would rate it now.

GCI: Gwazi, no doubt! I also was not particularly fond of Wildcat at Hershey Park when I rode it back in 2008.

B&M: Really any stand ups. Mantis is gone, so I guess currently, Apocalypse.

Intamin: For as long as I waited, Wicked Twister was pretty lame.

GCI: Not a big fan besides a few coasters (Lightning Run is actually great), but Wildcat was too boring and rough for me. Roughness wouldn't be an issue if the ride had a great layout

B&M: I guess Nemesis Inferno. It just doesn't really make much of an impact on me and seems quite forgettable

Intamin: Furious Baco. Definitely not forgettable! The vibrations were just crazy.

GCI: Gwazi. Even on its second year I thought it was horrid. I've loved every other GCI I've ridden.

B&M- Riddler's Revenge (I know people love this stand-up, but it was rattling really bad when I rode it last year.)

GCI- Roar at Six Flags America (The lack of Millennium Flyers shows. It's West sister was way better.)

Intamin- Skull Mountain (It's fun, but it's nothing compared to their larger coasters.)

I actually don't usually dislike any B&Ms or Intamins. I can't think of a single one I wouldn't re-ride. I don't like the new age "forceless" B&Ms like Banshee and Gate Keeper as much as I like the old ones, but they're still great rides. I also like standups, so w/e. There's a few now-defunct coasters from these companies I'm glad are gone (Gwazi and Roar for example), but honestly even GCI rides are things I like.

If I HAD to pick, I'd say

B&M: Oblivion (it's just a little dull by modern standards, and dwarfed in all ways by newer DMs, though it's not a bad ride by itself).

GCI: Roar (the surviving one, hopefully RMC is in it's future).

Intamin: Green Latern: First Flight.

B&M: Superman: Ultimate Flight - other than the pretzel loop, this was terrible. I rode in the back row, so the pretzel loop was AWESOME, but one element does not make a coaster.

Intamin: I've only ridden two of their coasters, Vertical Velocity and American Eagle, and liked them both. Probably the worst Intamin I've been on is Thunder River at SFStL. Decent but not great ride.

GCI: I've liked every one of these, but Kentucky Rumbler was probably the least exciting. It was still very good, though, just not quite as good as some of the others I've been on.

B&M: Superman: Ultimate Flight - other than the pretzel loop, this was terrible. I rode in the back row, so the pretzel loop was AWESOME, but one element does not make a coaster.

Intamin: I've only ridden two of their coasters, Vertical Velocity and American Eagle, and liked them both. Probably the worst Intamin I've been on is Thunder River at SFStL. Decent but not great ride.

I agree with Superman. Thunder River is to me an exciting Intamins rapid and better than a good amount of the the ones I've been on. BGW's was the weakest.

B&M - Apocalypse

GCI - Roar East (close tied with Wildcat but I enjoyed Wildcat more than Roar)

Intamin - Kingda Ka (not too many bad Intamins. while I don't hate Ka, I just don't really like it.)

also anyone who voted Skull Mountain:

Edited by boldikus

Of those that I have ridden, they're all at SFA. Which may be the reason I just spent $200 on a Cedar Fair platinum pass and not $50 on the same thing at Six Flags.

B&M--Apocalypse. What about this ride is enjoyable? The smooth parts are forceless, the rest is everything except the brake run.

Intamin--Superman:ROS. The drop is *okay* in the back, the bunny hops are decent. The rest is really, really mediocre, especially considering what this ride is and what is could be. It's an Intamin mega coaster built the same year as as Superman/Bizarro/Superman and MilF. Huh.

GCI--Roar. Granted I need to ride more of these, but consensus is that now that Gwazi's gone (pending Wildcat), this is the worst.

I just saw the above posts while I was tying this and I can absolutely say with a straight face that I prefer Skull Mountain in the back to Superman.

B&M--Apocalypse. What about this ride is enjoyable? The smooth parts are forceless, the rest is everything except the brake run.

Normally I'd consider this a downside but for me, a standup coaster that doesn't provide strong forces doesn't provide strong pain, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I just saw the above posts while I was trying this and I can absolutely say with a straight face that I prefer Skull Mountain in the back to Superman.

Also, I agree with this

Normally I'd consider this a downside but for me, a standup coaster that doesn't provide strong forces doesn't provide strong pain, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I think you missed the joke lol.

I was saying that any part of the ride that is smooth is forceless--which is limited to the brake run. Everything else is just so much "ow" and slow and boring. The ratio is headbanging to speed and force is way too high, particularly exiting the corkscrew.