TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Worst -

B&M: One of the stand-ups, not sure which, they all kind of suck. I've been on all but Iron Wolf (Apocalypse). I just find them all to be uncomfortable and not really fun... I guess I'd choose Vortex @ CGA or Mantis @ CP. I'm also not a huge fan of Wing Coasters (I've only been on Wild Eagle).

Intamin: Well Intamin has made some of my favorite coasters, but Green Lantern is ultra-terrible. There's a few other ones that are pretty lame, maybe Disaster Transport or Skull Mountain?

GCI: I have unfortunately been on a select few of these, and I find most of them fun. I was jack-hammered on Wildcat @ Hershey, but it wasn't a terrible ride. I actually think Roar @ SFDK is a pretty alright coaster. Other than those two, I kinda love GCIs! I'm sure Roar @ SFA and Gwazi are pretty bad, but I have yet to ride those.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

worst b&m: also going with vortex west. just too stinkin short. still a great ride though.

worst intamin: flashback! man what a joke the intamin space diver project was. everyone hated that pos... rough and repetitive. not to mention i had to go to sfmm like 30 times to get the credit cuz it was constantly sbno

worst gci: gotta pile on the wildcat hate. i was shocked at how friggin rough it was...odd since lightning racer is so great...

B&M: I really wanted to like Riddler's Revenge, but the fact that the seat kept rising and causing some discomfort distracted me throughout the entire ride. This is coming from a rider of Scream and CGA's Vortex.

Intamin: I'm not a big Green Lantern: First Flight fan, and it seems I'm not alone.

GCI: Out of a whopping 2 GCIs, I'll have to say SFDK's Roar. Ouch.

Edited by The49er

Worst B&M: Vortex (CGA). My legs had bruises! Still had fun though.

Worst Intamin: Thighcrush, I mean Skyrush (HP) This ride was not fun. I could not get off of it fast enough. I know this is probably not a popular opinion.

Worst GCI: Tie between Wildcat (HP) and Roar (SFDK). I lost fillings on both of these rides.

B&M- I seem to have a large disliking for Carowinds' Vortex. Really short, rough and painful on the tender areas.

Intamin- Kingda Ka was crap compared to Dragster, too rattly and the OTSR made the experience much more dull. Not a bad ride overall though, just underwhelming.

GCI- Wildcat at HP. OUCH.

Edited by TheDark8

B&M-Scream, just a terrible ride built over a parking lot

Intamin-Flashback, it wouldn't have been so bad without the OTSRs. It was more fun to stand and watch the ride as it's compact layout was aesthetically pleasing as well as the noise it made (later to become known as the B&M roar)

GCI-Roar at SFA, it was back in 2001 but I remember it being really boring. The Wild One is a lot better

B&M - Mantis: I didn't hate it at all, but it's just inferior compared to the other I've ridden

Intamin - Indiana Jones (Disneyland Paris): once again, I do like it, but not as much as the others.

GCI - Wildcat: this one really is bad and made me wish the ride was over (something I didn't experience since coaster express)

B&M-Vortex at California's Great America, it was extremely rough when I rode it a couple months ago.

Intamin-I haven't ridden may Intamin coasters, but I guess Maverick. This was 3 years ago that I rode and I remember hitting my neck on the harness a couple times, its probably not really that bad, but the only other Intamin I've ridden was Millennium Force and California Screamin'.

GCI-Roar at SFDK is pretty bad, they did replace some wood on the first drop I think, but the rest is terrible.

B&M: Vortex @ CGA; I ended up riding it twice the day I visited. The first was passable, but the second (more towards the front) was one of the worst rides I've ever had.

Intamin: Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril @ Disneyland Paris; The ride is so surprisingly rough and unenjoyable. Rode it once, and that was plenty.

GCI: Wildcat @ HP; I've ridden this ride with both the original PTC trains and millennium flyers and it makes no difference: rough and uninteresting with both trains.

B&M - Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball - I don't dislike this ride at all. It's my #11 favorite on my personal list. I just have to choose my least favorite B&M and this one is it.

Intamin - American Eagle - It's kinda rough and bland, and it doesn't realy have much airtime in my opinion.

GCI - Gwazi - I rode Gwazi when I was a little kid, so I don't really remember how the ride experience went, but considering all of the hate this ride gets, I guess it's okay to call it my worst GCI.

B&M- Riddler's Revenge (followed closely by Green Lantern, Vortex, and Apocalypse; do you notice a theme?)

Intamin- Skull Mountain (It isn't a bad coaster, but it definitely doesn't compete with their larger and more thrilling coasters)

GCI- Roar at Six Flags America (PTC trains plus that layout was quite the rough ride)

Worst B&M- Scream: Its paint is very faded, it has a B&M rattle, and let's not forget that it's built over a parking lot. (Dishonorable mention: Silver Bullet)

Worst Intamin- Green Lantern FF: Green Lantern is, hands down, the worst ride and operation system that Six Flags Magic Mountain has ever come up with. (Dishonorable mention: La Vibora)

Worst GCI- Gwazi: If you have read the other recent reviews of Gwazi, you get the idea here. (Dishonorable mention: None, the other GCI that I have ridden is Apocalypse and I liked it)

B&M: Great Bear - snoozefest.

Intamin: Mick Doohan's Motocoaster - more fun to watch than ride. Possibly the least practical restraints ever designed for a rollercoaster.

GCI: Roar (SFA) - ouch!

B&M - Mantis (Cedar Point) and Hydra (Dorney) tie for me. The former was extremely painful, while the latter was just so incredibly dull.

Intamin - Skull Mountain (Great Adventure) and Stormrunner (Hershey). The former, certainly an older ride, just isn't all that interesting. Perhaps a bit unfair to include it. The latter was also quite painful for me, largely in the shoulders and head; new restraints might make it a much better ride, IMHO.

GCI - Wildcat (Hershey). No comparison as far as I'm concerned, this ride is just bad and painful.

B&M: Mantis

Intamin: Superman: Escape from Krypton

GCI: I think a lot of you are wayyyy too harsh on Gwazi. Its seriously not *that* bad, and if many of you truly think its as rough as you say it is, I question how you can ride a lot of coasters out there. I love Gwazi (some of that may be sentimental reasons, to be fair) and its not even close to being the roughest coaster Ive been on. That being said, Ive only been on 2 GCI's, so I guess I have to pick White Lightning, just because I like Gwazi better.

B&M: Don't think any I've been on are bad....however in my personal rankings, Vortex (Carowinds) comes in last of the B&Ms I've ridden.

Intamin: Only ridden 2....Neither one are bad....they are both in my top 10

GCI: GWAZI!!!! While both sides were ok when I first rode in '07, they quickly deteriorated in comfort. Then after they added the MF trains, they were much improved ...BRIEFLY. Now they are almost at the bottom of my personal wood rankings (only 2 ranked lower). The only other GCI coasters I've been on are White Lightning and Thunderhead...do the math.

Three words: Six Flags America Not really though.

B&M: Apocalypse (SFA)-Just boring and painful...

Intamin: Every Intamin I've been on I enjoyed so I'll just choose my least favorite S:ROS (SFA)-Fun ride but nowhere close to being as awesome as the other Intamins I've been on (i305, Bizarro).

GCI: SFA almost made this list a third time with Roar...then I remembered Gwazi. The ride was very rough but that's not what made it the worst GCI for me. I don't know what it was but this ride felt like it was stuggling to keep pace while going through it's course.

I have not ridden any GCI, but the worst B&M I've been on is Mantis and the worst Intamin is Cobra @ La Ronde (if it counts, it was made back in the time they worked with Giovanola). I guess I hate stand-ups.

^Also didn't enjoy Cobra... Found it a lot less forcefull than the layout would've lead me to believe. I actually enjoy the TOGO standup at Canada's wonderland more, as you at least get some decent forces on that ride.

Never been on a GCI, so I'll skip back to B&M.

My vote has to go to Leviathan. Yes, it's a great ride, but on my last visit to CW, I found it to be quite forceless after the first drop and pullout. In addition, there were at least a few spots where it felt like we'd valley. Just not as fun as the other B&Ms I've been on.