TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

Worst B&M : Dragon Khan. A bit shaky, no hangtime, and start to be boring on the ending. (yay an inversion.. yay an inversion.. yay... an inversion...)

Worst Intamin : Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril : Uninspired layout (took from an Pinfari looper model), crappy restraint, too forcefull loop (some like it, though) and heabanging.

Worst GCI : Gwazi, although the more GCI I ride, the more I think I prefer steel and smooth coasters. I love GCI because their rides are beautiful and fast-paced, but I don't enjoy them as much as I'd have.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst B&M: Vortex (CGA). Unless you know how to ride it, you'll have a good amount of headbanging.

Worst Intamin: Green Lantern (SFMM). Headbanging and very uncomfortable maneuvers.

Worst GCI: Roar (SFDK). I still like the ride, though it isn't as good as the others.

Worst B&M: Mantis - more headbanging than a Megadeth concert.

Worst GCI: Roar (SFA) - rougher than downtown San Francisco after dark.

Worst Intamin: Mick Doohan's Motocoaster - too short and frustratingly slow to load (combination of terrible park operations and poor restraint design)

B&M: Vortex, CGA. I only ride this once per visit as a courtesy ride. It is intense but the discomfort and moments push it down.

Intamin: Hmm...can't say that I've ridden a bad Intamin, but Superman: The Escape (SFMM's original Superman) was pretty 'meh.' SEFK was an improvement for sure but it doesn't rank real high on my list.

GCI: I've only ridden 3 GCI's now and would put Roar down at the bottom. Doesn't feel as out of control as Apocalypse or the now favorite coaster Gold Striker...Roar feels like it's dragging and running on triangular wheels as of lately.

Edited by Angry_Gumball

Worst B&M: Scream. It has a bad B&M rattle; the layout is too "standard" without anything special to it, and the ride generally looks terrible.

Worst Intamin: Superman: EFK. It isn't uncomfortable or rough; I just think it is a fairly dull ride. And with bulky OTSRs, you get zero airtime.

Worst GCI: I've only been on one (Apocalypse), so I guess that's my answer?

B&M: My least favorite one of these would have to be Kumba. It was too rough for me, even in the front, and I came off rattled around more than most wooden coasters I've ridden.

Intamin: Superman: Escape From Krypton. It's a fun ride, yes, but it's honestly nothing special. Not bad, just not up to par with other Intamin rides.

GCI: Gwazi. Is this even a question?

Worst B&Ms: the Vortex twins and the Iron Wolf/Apocalypse coaster. They're the only B&Ms I give a 6 out of 10, as opposed to a 7-9.

Worst GCIs are as follows: Gwazi was actually the closest of these losers to being "fun" with a bit of airtime and an interesting structure to admire, but the ridiculous roughness and utter lack of care for the ride experience put it fairly low on my list. Wildcat lacks airtime, and finally dished out its expected rough ride for me last year, with nothing to help make up for it. Roar East is forgettable, and much more so than its (actually much rougher) sibling, which has a few pops of airtime while this one didn't seem to deliver any. Apocalypse was pretty zippy and started out with a bit of airtime, but it's way too short and just wasn't what I was looking for in a coaster when I rode it. It's the only one with any real potential to improve in my rankings, and not just 'cause one of the others is Gwazi and another is at SFA.

Worst Intamin: Jr. Gemini. But the Woodstock's Express at CGA is also pretty bad.

Worst:

B&M: Mantis (CP) 1.0 out of 10- restraints are so narrow by boxed my ears pulling them into place and it has B&M vibration so bad, it causes head banging on straight portions.

Intamin: Green Lantern (SFMM) 1.0 out of 10-I am sure this can be a fun ride if the weight distribution is correct, but my experience was one where it was obviously not and it hurt big time.

GCI: American Thunder (SFSTL) 6.0 out of 10-Not by anymean a terrible woodie with all pain and no fun (see the original Rattler & Mean Streak) or a terribly unimpressive & boring one (Timber Wolf & Judge Roy), it just isn't that intense in terms of air time and add anything to help make SFSTL's experience complete (unlike Prowler). In fairness, the only ones I have ridden from GCI are Prowler (9.0 out of 10.0) and Apocalypse (6.5 out of 10.0). A decent coaster that would have a bigger benefit for SFOT or especially for SFFT.

Best:

B&M: Superman Krypton Coaster (SFFT): 8.5 out of 10.0 Good airtime in initial drop, has a good amount of intensity for B&M standards, very smooth.

Intamin: Maverick: 9.5 out of 10 (CP): Amazing airtime, extremely intense, very out of control.

GCI: Prowler: 9.0 out of 10 (WoF): Feels like someone made a wooden coaster to simulate the experience of riding a jet ski. While not an airtime machine with big drops, extremely fun in its own right.

From the limited sampling I have my worsts are as follows:

Inatmin: Green Lantern. Just painful and wonky. I've had more enjoyable experiences on Boomerangs.

B&M: Riddler's Revenge. Only recently have I found out how dull and uninspired others find stand-ups. For years I thought I was the only one.

CGI is no contest, I've only ridden Apocalypse thus far.

Intamin: Le Cobra at La Ronde, that has to be the worst coaster I've ever been on.

B&M: Mantis at Cedar Point, it gave me a massive head ache, if it wasn't for those trims on the first drop then it would be decent (like Green Lantern at SFGADV)

GCI: Wildcat at Hershey Park, those PTC trains really tore that track up.

Intamin: N/A ... Never been on any large Intamin coasters (oh been on their free fall towers, which are awesome, & what I have named my screen name after)

B&M: Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland... Found that it rattled more than anoy other b&m I've rode', & there are trims everywhere on the trip back.

GCI: N/A... Never rode a GCI, but I'd love to one day. They all look awesome,

Intamin- Tie- Wicked Twister at Cedar Point and American Eagle at SFGAm. I love the impulse coasters with the "straight" rear spike (I've been on V2 at SFGAm and Steel Venom at Geauga Lake), but I find WT's double twisty spikes boring. American Eagle can give decent rides if the track is in good shape, which also allows them to turn the trims just before the helix off. When I went last week Eagle was pretty rough with lots of trimming, so it sucked.

B&M- Iron Wolf at SFGAm. I don't miss it one bit, and I hope it runs better at SFA than it did here. If it no longer counts since it moved, you can insert any other B&M standup I've been on.

GCI- Gwazi.

Worst Intamin: Definitely ALL Intamin Zac-Spins. They are pointless and hurt like hell.

Worst B/M: All the B/M Coasters that I have been on are pretty nice.

Worst GCI: Roar at SFA. The ride makes your head hurt and your neck ache in pain. ALL BECAUSE OF THE FREAKING Pennsylvania Toboggan Company trains!!!

B&M - Apocalypse at SFA (with a shoutout to Vortex at Carowinds)

Intamin - S:ROS at SFA (mostly because I can see how good it could have been. Also, those trains are the worst.)

GCI - Roar at SFA

Wow I actually didn't even realize that my least favorite 3 are all at the same park until I put them all down. Yes, I have been to many other parks, just in case you're wondering .

• 1 month later...

Worst B&M: I'll go with Iron Wolf at SF Great America (now Apocalypse at SFA). Like most stand ups, it's a painful, uncomfortable experience from beginning to end.

Worst Intamin: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril at Disneyland Paris. Neither Intamin nor Disney has any business building and operating a glorified version of a Pinfari ride.

Worst GCI: Yeah, Gwazi at BGT. The Millennium Flyer trains did nothing to help it.

B&M - I found medusa at SFKD terribly boring. The sea serpent has no punch to it, which is perhaps why b&m never made another one. ending was generic.

GCI - Roar, another SFKD. Pacing is absolutely horrid. Its a wonderful layout which never really quite delivers. I preferred my experience on Gwazi.

Intamin - Off the top of my head xcelerator might be the only intamin coaster I've been on, so I won't comment.

BEST

B&M:

Raptor

Tatsu

Batman-The Dark Knight

Intamin:

Xcelerator

Millennium Force (I was pleasently suprised by the amount of airtime )

Bizarro

GCI:

Prowler

Troy (seen but never been, I just love the layout!)

Thunderhead

WORST

B&M:

Mantis (Stand up's should never have QDC)

Vortex (both).

Silver Bullet (I feel as if it was designed to have as little force as possible. Inverts are not meant to be family coasters )

Intamin

Green Lantern (how much crack do you have to smoke to design something so terrible?)

Superman: The Escape (restraints killed any and all airtime). To be fair, I have not ridden the newer version. Which I'm sure is quite better.

GCI

Gwazzi (there is nothing else like it) With a park/state that has so many great coasters , this one seems even more out of place.

BEST

B&M:

Raptor

Tatsu

Batman-The Dark Knight

Intamin:

Xcelerator

Millennium Force (I was pleasently suprised by the amount of airtime )

Bizarro

GCI:

Prowler

Troy (seen but never been, I just love the layout!)

Thunderhead

WORST

B&M:

Mantis (Stand up's should never have QDC)

Vortex (both).

Silver Bullet (I feel as if it was designed to have as little force as possible. Inverts are not meant to be family coasters )

Intamin

Green Lantern (how much crack do you have to smoke to design something so terrible?)

Superman: The Escape (restraints killed any and all airtime). To be fair, I have not ridden the newer version. Which I'm sure is quite better.

GCI

Gwazzi (there is nothing else like it) With a park/state that has so many great coasters , this one seems even more out of place.

What is QDC? Quick directional changes?

B&M: Scream! at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I'm sure it was a fun ride when it opened, but now it's a rough, forceless, forgotten ride, overshadowed by most of the rides at the park.

Intamin: Skull Mountain at Six Flags Great Adventure. It wasn't a horrible ride, I just really didn't enjoy it that much.

GCI: Gwazi (Lion) at Busch Gardens Tampa, it's just an overall terrible ride.