TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ride You Felt Was Unsafe?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Catapult at Six Flags New England:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/photos/sfne/catapult.htm

I was riding on it this past summer. It went 3 revolutions in one direction and then stopped upside down. Before it started back in the other direction, my restraint "clicked" open one slot. The second half of that ride was the most nerve wracking ride just tightly gripping on praying it did not open any more.

I agree with the first post in this thread: Kamikaze's. When I rode, I was floating out of my seat as there was about a half-foot gap between me and my restraint. Crazy ride.

Also, some portable ARM drop-tower that comes to my town's spring carnival every year. When you're going up the tower its always clicking and shaking. Freaked me out.

My worst ride experience was on Revolution (Intamin Looping Ship) at Californias Great America the last time I rode it on the first swing the ship made that took it upside down as we were hanging there the whole row of lap bars popped up a few inches which was even more frighting due to the fact that we were holding the shoulder restraints slightly open to avoid being crushed by them.

A couple come to mind:

Double Ferris Wheels absolutely horrify me. I feel like I'm whirling around on an giant erector set.

Actually - any ferris wheel. Wonder Wheel at Coney Island was beautiful and I rode with a great crowd, but nothing that tall and that old should move that much

Skyscrapers - designed by Satan. Lost my voice screaming on the one at the Dells.

The Catapult at Six Flags New England:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/photos/sfne/catapult.htm

I was riding on it this past summer. It went 3 revolutions in one direction and then stopped upside down. Before it started back in the other direction, my restraint "clicked" open one slot. The second half of that ride was the most nerve wracking ride just tightly gripping on praying it did not open any more.

Yeah, that ride came to my mind too...not that I felt like I was going to fall out, because the lap bar was there, but those shoulder restraints kind of freaked me out. They just seemed really weird. Interesting ride though!

Can we include whole parks in this discussion?

I was only 12, but I knew something was up at the World (In)Famous Action Park in Vernon, NJ.

Home to the world's only 360 looping water slide,

natural spring slides that fall 12 + feet into ice cold water,

...other slides with boulders (YES, BOULDERS) in the middle of them and of course the alpine slides that advertised grotesque injury to the knees in order to stop you from speeding!

No carnival horror could ever come close to that.

Come to think of it, on a Zipper in No. California we were loaded normally, then immediately taken off. When we asked why, the Carnie said, "Well we found this here them cable that fell off." Just as he held said cable for us to see.

Edited by Columbia

This ride doesn't seem like much, but once it gets going it's crazy. I had a few moments of ejector air on this thing (sitting at the tip of the ride)

I'm a skinny guy so the only thing holding me in was a lap bar that was 5-6 inches away from my body. So of course I got scared, I seriously thought I was going to fall off.

I've only been able to find them at little carnivals in Mexico.

4173811826_100455cdfe.jpg.b30ccbe58eab133ca8d66ce45617b78e.jpg

The only ride that I felt unsafe on was the Flying Carpet when it was still at Kennywood. Even though I knew Kennywood took great care of its rides, there was just something off with it and my first ride ended up being my only ride.

I also refuse to go on any portable carnival rides too. The Crawford County Fair had a decent colleciton the time I went, but they seemed unsafe. I went on the Ferris Wheel and totally regretted it 30 seconds later...

I can tell you of one time when I didn't feel unsafe,but knew I was unsafe.Miami Dade County fair riding the Rainbow and we get sent up and the vertical bars that come down never did,we got up about 20-30 feet and luckily me and my brother were in the end seat so we were able we to yell to the ride attendant to stop the ride which luckily he did.

There was a Skymaster at the Burlington MA Carnival when I was 5. It was called the Apollo. It was my first ever inverting ride, and a great one. However, the OTSR I got was missing several chunks of foam and I kept hitting my shoulder against the exposed steel bars. It was a fun, but painful ride. It did feel somewhat unsafe, but it was my first inverting ride.

Add me to the list of people scared of Starflyers.

I'd also add the pirate ships with stand-up cages at the end such as the one we found in Albacete's city fairground.

There's no way it would be allowed in our Health & Safety riddled countries.