TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - Closing day at CP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm glad peeps are liking the shots. Thanks for the compliments. I had a great time taking them.

For those who asked, the camera is a Canon Digi Rebel XT, and I've got a few lenses.

I wish I had know Rappie had rolled back... I woulda taken pictures of that for sure... It's strange... In the evening Sunday, I was eating pizza on the midway facing raptor, and I thought it was odd that it wasn't running. I didn't think Raptor would be susceptible to wind too much. Come to find out the thing valleyed! Man I wish I had seen that!

These really are some fantastic photos. The colors were so rich, and your angles were definitly not common. Great job!

I hope my mom can still ride with me when she's in her 60s. I LOVE the story about Demon Drop. That ride makes me laugh uncontrolably too!!

really cool pics but i gotta wonder why CP has to make it next to impossible for big people to go onto most of the rides over there, I've talked to them on many occasions and they say that any man over 6'2" 225 lbs 40" waist and 52" chest won't get onto most of the coasters over there, that eliminates a lot of Americans if you think about it, but when I lose the weight I'm goin over there and getting on all those coasters in less than one day, if you want to find out how I can do that, send me a message and I can tell you how I can get me and upto 3 other people onto all the coasters in less than one day.

Wow, I'm glad peeps are liking the shots. Thanks for the compliments. I had a great time taking them.

For those who asked, the camera is a Canon Digi Rebel XT, and I've got a few lenses.

I wish I had know Rappie had rolled back... I woulda taken pictures of that for sure... It's strange... In the evening Sunday, I was eating pizza on the midway facing raptor, and I thought it was odd that it wasn't running. I didn't think Raptor would be susceptible to wind too much. Come to find out the thing valleyed! Man I wish I had seen that!

Wind and cold if not warmed before running is very tough on Raptor. And any crew running the ride should and does know how picky that ride can be to run.

First drop and exit of cobra roll are the scare sections from operating in high winds stand point. But also saying that, it's funny the winds have to be in the perfect direction and gusting at that one split second. The crew should have known better, and or called in for a wind reading. It’s not like it’s the start of the season with a fresh ride team.

I cannot tell you how many times I had my hand sitting on E stop in order to try and catch the train entering the mid course. Thankfully I never had to but I know a few times at controls I almost had too.

Sad part is the TL, or ATL that opened that ride was most likely written up and will not likely be in that position again next year, but they should have been watching the train.

Because if you watched it on the block (which from Raptor’s controls the whole ride is Very viewable, and from sound you always know where the train is) you have a second to estop the ride and hope the brakes catch the first and or second car enough to keep it from rolling back.

Cheers.

PS.. I had been looking at that camera for a few weeks, thanks for selling me on it Time to toss my old Rebel 35mm..

Holy fishsticks that's a powerful zoom! You got completely clear shots of people's faces at the top of TTD and Millie! And they're crispy clear!

If you happen to be in ACE, you need to enter at least one of those in the next photo contest. I would definately vote for you.

How much of that is due to a long zoom lens and how much is cropping down those big 8 megapixel photos to simulate a huge zoom? I only ask because I'm interested and the photo of TTD at the top is noisier than most of the others and looks alot like it was a smaller bit cropped off of a large photo.

Really nice shots as good as the best coaster photos sites.