TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who wants a turtle?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BPB should sell this ride complete, Only a few left in working order.

A shame to see this "rare" ride being sold car by car.

I wonder if they will do this to the "Whip" cars.

BPB should donate both rides to "Paulton's Park" (UK), this way the UK will keep 2 "Classic" Flat Pre 1940 rides.

What will BPB sell next, PMBO cars..?

I will never forgive BPB if they scrap /sell the "Wild Mouse".

I would totally buy one, if there was some way to get it back stateside. I don't think I can send them a big box and say "please put the Blackpool turtle in here".

Really stinks that a park known for its classic rides which are now really unique is going to get rid of this for a lousy SLC that can be found pretty much anywhere in the world.

Its sad to see old rides go. I would prefer they go into storage and maybe be rebuilt somewhere else.

Imagine this... the Pleasure Beach heretage park. A place where old rides can go to have an active retirement. All the old classics being removed elsewhere gathered and rebuilt with an attached museum of world coaster and park history. If only I had a billion pounds.

Ok!

UPDATE

The Box is SOMEWHERE Between New York / The Ocean / and Southport

Im not EXACTLY sure as to its current location, or if Southport has even gotten it yet!

Its been over 2 weeks since it was shipped...so maybe theyre out trying to catch a turtle for me?

-Ryan

P.S. The damn auction already ended...

How would they ship them overseas? I imagine that you would have to have some sort of exotic animal liscense to get them into the US. How big are they? Desert or Galapagos sized? Does a wrangler have to be present to ship them?

I only ask cause Jarett and January want turtles. I would like them to be a fair size so the dogs will leave them alone. I'd hate to ship them all the way from the UK only for them to end up as doggie toys.