TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 - Sylvan Beach Recreation

This park will require Soaked, Wild, and several custom scenery packs. (I will include them in the download, and instructions, when it is finished)

Well, I have been working on this recreation of Sylvan Beach on and off since July and so far it is nearing completion. Luckily, I went a while ago, so taking well over 100 pictures really helped me a lot. So far, I think I have about 60% to 75% of the park completed, and I have tried to make it as accurate as possible down to the smallest detail. Sadly, I made the mistake of not going into the buildings and taking pictures so most of the building interiors are bare, but mostly everything else should be pretty accurate.

Here is Laffland, the park's Pretzel built Dark Ride. If I remember correctly, there are very few of these remaining.

Here is the main Gift Shop. For some reason, I like the architecture of this particular building quite a lot.

Here is a random in park sit down restaurant.

This is the Bumper Boat arena. In real life, there are about 3 times as many Bumper Boats. Although I just now thought of a way to solve that problem, I'll fix it later, as I want to get around to posting these pictures first.

Here is the park's only roller coaster, an SDC Galaxi, aptly named Galaxi.

Here is another view of Galaxi.

Once again, another overview of Galaxi. It was extremely challenging to recreate Galaxi with the large amounts of limitations Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 has, but with some custom scenery, I was able to make it pretty accurately. There are some mistakes, but that's pretty much because of the the game's limitations itself, so I think I did a pretty good job at recreating it.

Here is a look at the intricate support work, which must have taken me at least six to ten hours, maybe even more.

Here is the "northern midway" as I call it. In real life, there is no Kiddie Dinosaur ride there, it is really a Kiddie Whip, but Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 doesn't have a Kiddie Whip, so this is the closest thing to it. (I actually use the Kiddie Dinosaur Ride for many Kiddie rides, because most of the Kiddie rides here are rare ones that the game doesn't have)

Here is the park's Eli Bridge Scrambler.

Here is Bomber, an Eyerly Roll - O - Plane. In real life, the ride is placed at about 45 degrees or so from the rest of the midway, instead of 90, but that is another limitation problem with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

This is Tilt - A - Whirl. There are several color pattern differences between this and the real thing, but it is the best I can do with this program.

This is probably one of the largest of the several midway game buildings scattered around the park. Obviously, this one is called "Treasureland".

Here is the "Kiddieland" section of Sylvan Beach. The path in real life is a shade darker, but without it, the park looks run down. For those of you who have been there, you probably know that it is far from that.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback so far, everyone. I don't think I made it clear that this is a real park, located in Central New York, just to let you know. I will continue working on this project, expect some more pictures to come up within a few days. I hope to get this done by November, if not, then December.

Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback so far, everyone. I don't think I made it clear that this is a real park, located in Central New York, just to let you know. I will continue working on this project, expect some more pictures to come up within a few days. I hope to get this done by November, if not, then December.

PS: Could one of the moderators or administrators please add "recreation" at the end of this thread's title? Thanks.

uhm... you can just use the "EDIT" button.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally worked on it, and it is almost done! I just have a few more buildings to make, and I will be done. However, I took very little pictures of those, so they will probably be the least accurate of all buildings in the game. Anyway, I have more screenshots:

Here is the far end of the park. The Ferris Wheel is supposed to be a Rock - O - Plane, and it is more stretched out (the length of this portion of the park) than it should be, but it won't work any other way.

Here is Tip Top, the "Small Carrousel", and Tilt - A - Whirl. The Round Up is the closest ride possible I found to a Tip Top.

Here is a better view of Tilt - A - Whirl.

The building in the center with the plants in front of it would be the Bumper Cars.

Here is the interior of the Bumper Cars building. I believe it is quite accurate, if I do say so myself.

I simply didn't put them in. (I quit the ride's window before I clicked on where to place the entrance buildings) Although peeps can't enter or exit the ride, it saves a lot of space, making the ride a lot more realistic. (I did this on pretty much all of the rides)