TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Riddles

RNRC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a hard one that my church leader taught me:

A man is in a skyscraper, in a room with no windows, and the only door is to an elevator. There are also three light switches in the room. The elevator has just enough power to go up to the 7th floor ONCE, but not down. He has to figure out which switch turns on the light on the 7th floor, for some strange reason. He can turn on and off all the switches, and has absolutely nothing with him, like a pocket knife or something like that. How does he figure out which switch turned the light on?

If you didn't understand that, just ask.

Here's a hard one that my church leader taught me:

A man is in a skyscraper, in a room with no windows, and the only door is to an elevator. There are also three light switches in the room. The elevator has just enough power to go up to the 7th floor ONCE, but not down. He has to figure out which switch turns on the light on the 7th floor, for some strange reason. He can turn on and off all the switches, and has absolutely nothing with him, like a pocket knife or something like that. How does he figure out which switch turned the light on?

If you didn't understand that, just ask.

wow, your teacher totally added unnecessary detail tot hat riddle, but the answer is, you turn two switches on, leave them that way for a while, then turn one off, you go to the 7th floor, the light thats on is the one tunred on by the switch that is turne don, then you touch the two other lights, the one that's hot is the one oyu left turned on for a while

A man lives in an apartment building. On days that it is sunny he takes the elevator to the 7th floor. But on days that it is raining he takes the elevator to the 14th floor. Why?

The man is a midget and he can't reach the button for the 14th floor unless he has an umbrella.

A very short boy lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every morning to go to school, he goes down an elevator to the first floor. Getting home from school, he takes the elevator up 5 floors, and then takes the stairs the rest of the way. Why does he do this?

Same sort of thing. He's a very short boy, so he can only reach the 5th floor button.

Ok. A man lies dead in a phonebox. The two side windows are broken and his wrists have broken glass jammed into them. His wrists are bleeding. The phone is hanging off the hook, What happened?

Ha! I see nobody has atttempted mine yet.

If my one is too hard, I'll give you a few more clues.

A man lays dead in a phonebox. The cause of death is glass cutting his wrists. The side windows are broken. The phone is habging off the reciever. He was not murdered and he did not commit suicide. What happened?

I've heard one that's very very similar to the one you posted, but the man was a fisherman or something like that. He was on the phone and the person on the other end asked how big of a fish he caught, and the guy stretched out his arms to show (although how the person on the other end of the phone would benefit from the guy stretching out his arms is a riddle in and of itself). Anyway, his arms punched through the glass and he bled to death.

So it's probably something similar to that. Accident where he punched through the glass.

• 1 month later...

I just remembered a hard one that a teacher once gave me to solve.

You have ten stacks of coins. Each stack contains 10 coins. You know that the coins weigh 5 grams each. You also know that one of the stacks is composed of ten counterfeit coins. You know that the counterfeit coins weigh 4 grams each. What you don't know is which stack is the counterfeit one. You have a scale (Not a balance!), which measures in grams.

In ONE weighing how can you find which stack is the counterfeit one?

(Sorry for the double post)