TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people make such a big deal over the Bobs?

Because it was a great ride for its day. It was considered the best ride at Riverview. Some excellent coasters were built in the early 20th century, including this and the Crystal Beach Cyclone. Most of these rides have been lost to time. Consequently, I'm pretty excited about riding the Flying Turns at Knoebels, whenever they get around to finishing it.

Also the book Harry Traver legends of terror has some great pictures of the bobs as well as a diagram of the layout

That's an excellent book. Traver was a character who was every bit as interesting as the crazy rides he built. I wish I could find a copy for a reasonable price. The current price on Amazon Marketplace is $100, which is too steep for me. I'm not that nerdy, yet.

Ginzo is right. The bobs was more intense than many of todays larger rides.

You found a way of time travel!?

GIVE IT!

Also, The Bobs were "cloned" so to say at Geauga Lake as Raging Wolf Bobs.

The initial layout was cloned but as far as I have heard the Raging Wolf Bobs are nothing like the Riverview Bobs

Of course I haven't ridden it, but it was KNOWN to be a very intense ride .I have rode Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake and I didn't care for it either.The turns on Raging Wolf Bobs were widened from the ones on the original Bobs.But anyway back on topic, is there any other good pictures/sites?

Also the book Harry Traver legends of terror has some great pictures of the bobs as well as a diagram of the layout

That's an excellent book. Traver was a character who was every bit as interesting as the crazy rides he built. I wish I could find a copy for a reasonable price. The current price on Amazon Marketplace is $100, which is too steep for me. I'm not that nerdy, yet.

Yea, I had to pay 75 for mine. But its in absolute Mint condition so it was worth it. It seems to be reselling for almost double that consistantly.

Yea, I had to pay 75 for mine. But its in absolute Mint condition so it was worth it. It seems to be reselling for almost double that consistantly.

I'm not too much of a coaster history nerd. I do really enjoy looking at the old amusement park photos though. I love seeing pictures of people in suits riding coasters. It is such a shame that not a single Traver coaster exists today.

Wow Im glad I got a copy of it before it went out of print