TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Beemer's weeklong trip back home to Florida...

BeemerBoy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you suck

Ive only seen two on the steets - one in NJ, one in Florida. Honestly after my test drive I was less than blown away, I will be waiting to spin the redline around the block a few times before I decide whether or not its worth it.

- joe

edit: darn, its my color too.

So... did you get Anna's phone number for me?

Funny you should ask. We were talking, and she said she was in need of a date for Maverick's Media Day next year. Turns out she's a huge aquatrax fan! I'll hook you up, bro. I always look out for my friends.

Sweet! Thanks, bro. All we gotta do is get Enrique out of the picture and I'm set. Hopefully Anna will just grow tired of shacking up with that; rich, kind hearted, awe inspiring, super gorgeous, non-gay pop musician. I hate that man and his perfection.

I can't believe you found a place more than 20 miles away from Philadelphia that sells "hoagies". But they are from Chester, PA so they must be down there for retirement... or they just realized that winter and high crime rates suck.

Hoagie.jpg.b3b65d28e894601cae139e8bdc024a95.jpg

Okay, I'll tackle a few things here:

Joe: Yeah, I'm not sure how it drives, but from the looks of it, Saturn definitely has a winner on their hands.

Jay: I guess the back is still giving you problems, huh? Sorry to hear that, man. I know it would suck to not be able to golf.

Jamie & Wes: Yep, that's a woman. Bless her heart, she was friendly, and was proudly sporting that thing too. I say, heck, if you're gonna have one, might as well make it the best, right?

And as for LaSpada's, mmmmm, where do I start? In my younger days as a beach bum, this was a staple in my lunchtime routine. I've eaten subs from coast to coast, and IMHO, nothing compares to these. On any given day, the lunchtime line would be about 20 people deep. But those guys are top notch in there. It's a well-oiled sub making machine behind that door. They could probably slice and sling the meat the length of the cutting table, and hit the target blindfolded. And if you go in at primetime, you better read the menu and know what you want when they yell NEXT!..... and it's your turn to order. It's alot like the soup nazi on Seinfeld, yet they wouldn't turn you away.

www.laspadashoagies.com/

And if you go in at primetime, you better read the menu and know what you want when they yell NEXT!..... and it's your turn to order. [/url]

lol... that's a Philly tradition. It started with Pat's Cheesteaks where if you come to the order window and you don't know what you want they yell; "back of the line!" Which sucks since the line to that place is ALWAYS atleast a half an hour wait. Even at 3 a.m.

This concludes our lesson on Philadelphia history.

lol... that's a Philly tradition. It started with Pat's Cheesteaks where if you come to the order window and you don't know what you want they yell; "back of the line!" Which sucks since the line to that place is ALWAYS atleast a half an hour wait. Even at 3 a.m.

meh, I ATE a sub at both Pat's and Geno's (side note: Geno's wins, shut up Jay) within half an hour.. neither had a line more than 5 people deep, and this was at lunch hour on a weekday.

^

You must have ate at a different Pat's and Genos. Did you eat at the ones that were caddy corner from each other? If so, then you lucked out man. I have ate there; in my meat eating days, 1 trillion times and they always had lines that ironically would start across the street on the competitors property. Regardless, they chuck you to the back of the line if you aint ready to order when you get to the window.

And yes, Geno's wins. Real cheese beats out Cheeze Whiz any day of the week.

You ate at both places within a half hour? Are you aware that you just took 10 years off your life by doing that?

Very good Photo TR!!! ...a little long :lolr: , but well worth the time to read.

Quality AND Quantity. That's my motto. Seriously, thanks though.

And LOL at the current sandwich discussion. I guess I need to make my way into Philly so I can weigh in on Pat's/Genos.

Wow, I missed this one... here's some comments on the Fort Lauderdale section of your report....

This is my former employer. I hope you didn't eat at this location, the desserts are a week old there.

This isn't the only location, there is another just west of the beach on Oakland Park Blvd. And yes, it's JUST LIKE the one in Pittsburgh, For I am a Pittsburgher, and a Fort Lauderdalian!

Actually, these aren't the best hoagies/subs in town, but they are good.

Good report!

I hope you didn't eat at this location, the desserts are a week old there.
Nope. Most of Las Olas's restaurants are overpriced crap, IMHO. Jackson's would be the exception to that.

This isn't the only location, there is another just west of the beach on Oakland Park Blvd. And yes, it's JUST LIKE the one in Pittsburgh, For I am a Pittsburgher, and a Fort Lauderdalian!
Yeah, I've eaten at that one too, but I spent alot of time at this one, and the Parrot around the block.

Actually, these aren't the best hoagies/subs in town, but they are good.

LaSpada's not the best?? Blasphemy!! j/k I'm curious as to your favorite then. I think I might have a guess or two, but you've definitely got me thinking.....

Oh, and I'm still loving that this thread has evolved into the Food Network all of a sudden. Good stuff.

Good report!
Thanks.

LaSpada's not the best?? Blasphemy!! j/k I'm curious as to your favorite then. I think I might have a guess or two, but you've definitely got me thinking.....

Nick's. The Galt Ocean Mile location has been closed for remodeling since Wilma, but they have a 2nd location in Pompano Beach (Federal Highway!) Best pizza and sandwiches, and anything Italian really. When I lived on the Galt, they were the only place I'd order food from, and they delivered until 4am! A little expensive though. (I think its worth it.)

That report was exhausting *gasps for breath*...but very good!

I loved the Little Jerry reference...CLASSIC!!! And your pic at Jurrasic Park in front of the T-Rex was hilarious, I was cracking up and showing everyone at work!

Beemer, you're not going on the Midwest trip, are you?

G "Little Jerry has to go down in the 3rd round" Money

^^ Hmm, threw me a curve with that one. Nick's is a good choice as well. I did notice the Galt location was closed, and it's good to know it's not closed for good.

That report was exhausting *gasps for breath*...but very good!

Thank you. I'm glad you liked the T-Rex as well. It was my fave, too.

Beemer, you're not going on the Midwest trip, are you?

Nope. I'm sure my massive fanbase will be severely dissapointed over that.