TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I dont know about you but that is a scary number for a theme park goer. How would anyone be able to go on ANYTHING with 40,000 people crammed in the park? I am planning to go to SFGADV on the 28th for fright fest and i am really scared about high attendance.

Was anyone there on the 14th? What was this hell like?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd expect the place to be pretty crowded, but I don't know about numbers that high. I think Saturday's crowds were because of the really nice weather that day with temps in the 70s. Add in Fright Fest and people not having work and school on Sunday and all the season pass sales (especially after that deal they did this year) and that's probably where the crowds came from. But yeah, always expect crowds at Great Adventure on a Saturday, and try to go any other day of the week if possible. Last Sunday it wasn't too crowded, at least not in the early part of the day, unlike the week before (but that was also because Monday was a holiday, so Sunday was pretty much the same crowd types as Saturday).

It's going to be packed the weekend of the 28th, the 29th probably won't be much better. I was considering going to the park this month but decided to hold off on going until April next year when it will hopefully be somewhat dead (30+ minute lines are bad enough for me so I have no patience to stand in line for 2 - 3 hours or purchase a Q-Bot).

The 28th will be PACKED unless the weather is crappy, so hope for a little rain

And yoshifan, definately go in April if you can, it is the absolute best time in the park of season. I was there opening day this year and it was the best time I've ever had, all lines were extremely short and operations were good too.

Anyway good luck with the trip! If its that packed make sure to get there before opening and get a QBot if your finances allow

I dont know about you but that is a scary number for a theme park goer. How would anyone be able to go on ANYTHING with 40,000 people crammed in the park? I am planning to go to SFGADV on the 28th for fright fest and i am really scared about high attendance.

It was pretty bad... About 2-3 hours for kk and almost 2 hours for Nitro. It didn't help that toro was running terrible all weekend with trains getting stuck at the bottom of the lift. Thanks to my qbot I got on a bunch of rides.

Last operating weekend 2 years ago had fights breaking out and nitros line backed up to skull mountain. I suggest not going the last weekend unless it rains and if you do get a gold q-bot. It's worth it!

Yeah, just a tip in general:

Don't go to a Six Flags on a Saturday in late July-early August and don't go on a Saturday at the end of FrightFest.

The only bearable way to do this would be Gold Flash Pass or VIP Pass, and even then it would suck. Usually the best days for FrightFest are Fridays-some Six Flags parks have even dropped the early October Fridays off their schedules because attendace in previous years was so low (SFNE comes to mind).

this is the exact reason i do not want go. ive gotten into arguements with my friends over the crowds, i try to tell them its goin to be no fun ( they just go for the fright fest stuff which i really dont care about) but they dont believe me. I dont wanna spend 60$ to wait inline for 2 hours for a hay ride. - and also risk not being able to ride El Toro

I was there. It was crazy. Rides kept breaking down,a nd Medusa's line was out to the bridge. GASm had a full line and RT's line was overflowing with one train operation! I have a Photo TR from that day!

The attendance probably wasn't 40,000 but BGW was horrible on the 14th. BBW and LNM were fully queued and it was a two hour wait for Alpengeist. My friends and I said screw it and left after an hour (we all have season passes) without having ridden anything.

I was there. It was crazy. Rides kept breaking down,a nd Medusa's line was out to the bridge. GASm had a full line and RT's line was overflowing with one train operation! I have a Photo TR from that day!

I don't understand why RT always has one train operation. It's bad enough only 1 side is ever open but with 1 train on 1 side, it's running at 1/4th capacity. I bet that line was easily an hour to an hour and a half. I have waited for the left side when it's slightly into the 1st switchback and 2 trains running and it was 20 minutes.

me and my freinds decided to go this coming saturday...yes we are out of our minds lol if its crowded, im going to be such a prick the whole time (i hate waiting in lines) but it will still be fun becuase my friends are gonna be there....plus i get to go on EL TORO for the first time...that is if it works