TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Trip Help

I will be going to Cedar Point in late May for a class trip. We will be at the park before opening so I hope thats a good thing for ride times. I just have some questions If somebody could help..

Is a Friday in May going to have long wait times?

Should I get in line for Dragster and M-Force first?, Since they seem like they would be the longest waits, and I HAVE to ride those before I leave.

Is Maxair worth a ride? I have never been on something like that before.

Im also looking forward to Mantis and Raptor, so are they worth a ride?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's in May should produce fairly short lines. Although predicting lines is a crap shoot.

MForce and TTD are good to get out of the way early due to lines. Especially Dragster. I'd suggest riding it as soon as possible. It can go down for mechanical problems, ore more often weather at any point. So ride it while you can. Wouldn't want a pick up in the wind make you miss your chance.

Maxair is definetly worth the ride. I've ridden Delerium at PKI and it's probably one of the best flat rides I've been on.

Raptor is another must ride. ONe of the best inverts out there.

Mantis is kind of hit or miss. Some people like it, some hate it. I wouldn't call it a must ride, but definetly give it a try if you have time. Though getting on it early isn't a bad idea either. The line can get pretty long due to really slow loading.

Though considering the time of year you might not have too much trouble with lines. Though rides like MF,TTD, and Raptor will always have the longest lines.

Pretty much what ^he said!

Make sure to RUN to TTD first. The lines for MF and Raptor at least move quickly.

As for maXair...do you like spinny rides? I don't know if it's worth an hour line for a ride like that?! Personally I wouldn't wait more than about 15 minutes for it, but I've been on several others.

Elissa "it's all about what YOU want to do!" Alvey

The indoor waterpark is in one of the hotels offsite.

Soak City Will NOT be open. Their opening day is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

Meanstreak is pretty terrible. If you want to ride it, ride in the front seat or have lots of Aspirin nearby! Blue Streak is actually a really fun little ride!

Elissa "we're so on the Bluestreak!" Alvey

Im going to brave Meanstreak... :shock: . thanks alot for the info Elissa!! However if I get a chance to return to CP in the summer, is Soak City a good water park? What do you think is some of the best water parks in the country ? I really want to take a nice trip and relax at a great water park this year.

In the Northeast I'd say my favorite waterpark is Wild Water Kingdom at Dorney Park.

The scary old Action Park waterpark near Max is also pretty cool looking!

Elissa's 10 Favorite Waterparks That I've been Too...in no particular order...

- Blizzard Beach

- Wild Water Kingdom

- Wet n Wild Orlando

- Typhoon Lagoon

- Adventure Island

- Schlitterbahn

- Hurricane Harbor LA

- Water Country USA

- Wild Rivers

- PGA's Boomerang Bay

Top Waterparks I'd like to Visit...

- Schlitterbahn South Padre

- Waterworld in Denver

- Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells

- Hurricane Harbor NJ

- Wildwood Waterparks

Elissa "sorry to hijack the thread!" Alvey

Yeah I agree that you need to SPRINT to TTD. It's pretty far, and you have to avoid taking too long to get through the early entrance gates, but it is ALWAYS worth it. I would hit MF quickly afterwards as the lines shouldent get TOO long by then. The longest I've waited for Raptor and Mantis is about an hour and 45 minutes, but then again it was in the middle of july on a saturday. IMO, the lines are better during the week and they gett longer cloaser to the weekend. Good luck and have fun!!!

Colin C

Actually the best way to get on Dragster with little wait is to stay at one of the Cedar Point resorts. That way you get into the park a half an our early.

If you don't have early entry even if you sprint there, there's going to be people ahead of you.

You should be alright if you just go to TTD first thing.

The majority of the ride will operate unless the weather is really bad out. But TTD is very suspectable to wind, so it goes down much more often due to weather. So that's one of the reasons you should get it out of the way as soon as possible.

The scary old Action Park waterpark near Max is also pretty cool looking!

Elissa "sorry to hijack the thread!" Alvey

Ah .. I went to Action Park several times in the early-mid 90's when I went to summer camp up in NY. I remember the looping water slide, cliff jumping, the zip line, mountain slide, the slides that went underground and then shot out of the cliff face .. great great fun .. always scared me and the water was always so damn cold cause of the mountain creek water they used.

The Magnum Gate which is at the back of the park is the closest to Top Thrill Dragster, so that might help especially if you have early entry. With early entry it's basically a sprint to the TTD entry, which I am proud to say I have won on every attempt and got first ride of the day.

^ Rain of any form will shut down Dragster.

Most rides will run in even a light to moderate rain. Dragster will shut down if it even starts to sprinkle. Mostly because rain drops that speed will feel like small pebbles.

But also because as the track gets wet, the chance of roll back increase. In fact I've always been told the best shot at getting a roll back is right after they re-open after rain.

Dragster is very much a nice weather only ride. It runs great as long as it's not windy, cold, or wet. Too bad it was built on a peninsala.

^

But also because as the track gets wet, the chance of roll back increase. In fact I've always been told the best shot at getting a roll back is right after they re-open after rain.

Are people like wishing for a roll back? Is that dangerous? what about the other train in the station... :shock:

Actaully Dragtsers line moves A LOT faster then Millies. As long as the weather allows it to run.

The very common high winds at the point will kill anything. Crowds shoudl be minimal at that time of year too.

I woudn't worry too much about it.

Exactly. MF's lines have gotten slower because of the seat belt issue. Dragster, without weather issues is a PEOPLE eater. Plus, they ALWAYS overshoot the estimated times.

Several times last year what was said to be a 1.5 hour wait was 50 minutes, and so on. They anticipate breakdowns, as you should, but it can be alot less too without them.

Are people like wishing for a roll back? Is that dangerous? what about the other train in the station... :shock:

Lots of people, myself included wish for roll backs. It's 2 rides in one.

It is quite common to have trains not clear the hill, and is perfectly safe. As the train launches brake fins pop up behind the train as it passes. So if the train doesn't clear the hill it just rolls back, and is safely stopped by the breaks. Just like what would happen if it would have cleared the hill.

Then the train is pulled back to the launch position, and launched again, this time a bit faster so that it clears the hill.

^ And also you will notice that the train in the station is dispatched after the train in fron of it clears the tippy top of the hill. That way they can get more people through and whatnot. Also try to get as many people as you can to put their hand up. It says "keep arms down" but that's so the drag isnt too high and a rollback occours. So in otherwords, get your school pals to put up their arms, and make sure you keep your head back!! I had the misfortune of leaning forward to itch my leg when the train launched and I got SMACKED into the back of the seat. I had to go to the first aid place and lay down for a half hour. It wasnt fun.

Another thing, if TTD is closed and you see empty trains running, as fast as you possibly can head over there and the wait might not be more than 45 min. If your only going to ride it once, get front row. You get the cheek flapping effect! Lets see what else.....Oh if you feel scared, dont hold the lapbar. I think it makes your body feel smaller and you have the feeling of un safeness. Put your arms in fists (if you dont put them up) and hold them twards your chest. Dont grind your teeth, you will regret it later in the day (I couldent eat a hot dog my mouth hurt so much!)

Well thats all the rambling Ive got in me today, so have fun and take lots of pictures!!!

Colin C

^ The reason they tell you to keep your arms down isn't to prevent roll backs. It's for the exact reason why you found out that you need to have your back against the seat. It's too prevent any sort of whiplash when you launch.

People haveing their arms up will not really affect wether or not you clear the tower.