TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Joel´s interview to join WDW International Program-ACCEPTED-

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind, if you're at the Mexico Pavilion the food and beverage services could be a lot worse!

One is a nice restaurant inside, air conditioned, with the ride going by every 20 seconds! The other is out in the heat but is pretty shaded and a smaller location.

I dont understand, are u telling me that its going to be not a good job or that its ok and it could be worst????

Cause I have to start outside and then after some months ill be inside.

Im going to take the job cause its really one of my lifetime dreams to work for The Mouse. Besides its not like im going to be doing that for all my life, its only one year, and its going to be such a great year. I hope I had the chance to join some of the TPR madness in Orlando or to visit California for some great coasters!!!!!

I agree that there are many worse places to work in foods than the Mexico pavilion. The margarita stand is the only non-airconditioned spot, and even it is always shady (to keep the margaritas frozen I guess!).

When I was accepted for my program, I was originally accepted to work in food service. Not my first choice, but I figured that the experience of being in WDW for a few months would be more than worth putting up with the food service position. Once I got there, there was a training scheduling mistake, and on the day I was supposed to start my training, there was no trainer working. So I ended up being put into attractions just so they could get my training started on time! Definitely not something that happens to everyone, but you never know...you might end up in merch or attractions anyway!

Good luck! I know you'll love it!

-Julie

Hey, congratulations! I'm also going to be working at Disney next year. I just got accepted into their College Program in operations, and DANG I'm excited. I'll be there from January through May, though, so it sounds like we'll just miss each other.