TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Painting an SLC is not exactly what Movie Park needs, but in 2020 we take what we are given right!??!

Only if it's painted in camouflage so that no unwary person can find it.

• 1 month later...

Movie Park announced their 2021 attraction this week.

It's an Itamin Multidimensional coaster (Same as Th13teen (Alton Towers), Inferno (Cinecittà World))

Track Length: 532 Meters (1745,4 FT)

Speed: 60 Km/h (37,3 MPH)

Two Launches (One Forward, One Backwards)

360 Degree turn table

Onboard Audio

Trains: 3 trains with 3 cars for 12 people per train.

Capacity: 900 People per Hour

(Source for Coaster info.)

To be honest wasn't expecting a coaster but this one sound really fun. Curious how they handle this one, if it's like Van Hellsing or more traditional indoor coasters (Some effects).

I agree with what others have said. It's a good park, but with so much other greatness nearby it would be hard to recommend going there over another park. Now, they're on the right track with Star Trek and if they can RMC that god awful woodie then it all of a sudden really becomes a destination!

I say "amen" to this. Get RMC to redo Bandit, and the park will be worth visiting. I think the the Star Trek coaster was a step in the right direction, too.

A park representative actually stated that they don't have any plans to RMC Bandit. According to him, it is actually the most popular ride of the park and they believe re-tracking the ride is better investment, as they have been doing so for the past couple of off seasons.

According to him, it is actually the most popular ride of the park and they believe re-tracking the ride is better investment, as they have been doing so for the past couple of off seasons.

Whatever he's smoking, I want some.

As for the 2021 addition, I can't think of a better use of that space. I'm curious how it will stack up against Van Helsing, though. It will almost certainly come down to theming.

• 9 months later...

I've been following the construction of this while also trying to avoid spoilers, and honestly this looks such a classy ride from what I've seen. I really need to get back to this park as they've added quite a lot since I last visited considering that their two biggest coasters before were just about the two worst coasters I've ridden.

I swore I would never return to Movie Park Germany after my godawful 2 hours there in 2018... but this just might make me reconsider. I know it's just a well-dressed family coaster, but the execution looks SO well done. And the theme is right up my alley.

Hi,

I'm new here and, considering I'm from Germany, I guess this is a good place to start participating in the discussion(s) ;) I'd just like to say that I personally feel that things are slowly but steadily getting better for the park. Do most people here only know it as "Moviepark" or do a lot also remember it as "Warner Bros. Movie World", as it was called when it originally opened in 1996? Because that was mind-blowing back then (at least for me as a 12-year-old ;) ) and then... aw, man, that was such a bummer when they lost the Warner Bros. licences, suddenly everything was kinda like before, but much less good, especially that godawful Ice Age ride as opposed to the Looney Tunes one they had before that. But now they've rethemed what's now called "Area 51" and "Excalibur", they got that pier where I love just hanging out, with good old pop music by the Beach Boys etc. They got Van Helsing, which even I enjoy, in spite of admittedly not being the biggest coaster fan. They got that dinosaur thing, which is...not good, but at least it's got an impressive animatronic at the end. And now of course there's that new ride (where Ice Age USED to be!) which I haven't had the opportunity to go on yet, but it looks promising. I think if that doesn't turn out to be a huge disappointment, the park will again have taken Phantasialand's place (which has the best theming of any German park and definitely a LOT more budget than the Moviepark, but, well, almost exclusively roller coasters now...) for me personally at least (then they'd only have to hire some better cooks...yuk; the only OK thing are the hot dogs and I guess the crêpes and other sweets like that...). What do you think?

• Like 1

I remember it as Warner Bros. Movie World too and my first visit was in 2001. It was a great park then and I really enjoyed the epic Never Ending Story rapids/dark ride and Lethal Weapon Pursuit which was a really original ride. I seem to remember the Bermuda Triangle dark ride was really good at the time too.

I also got to ride Bandit (or Wild Wild West as it was) when it was new. It was terrible even then, and same goes for Eraser (MP-Express).

I guess it must be very hard to basically retheme every ride in the park when they lose their IPs like that, but after a few difficult years it seems they are making better decisions now about what rides they add.

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly, it was really depressing and I'm surprised the park survived that time at all, but now (well, for a few years now, actually) I'm starting to be glad it did. It's still not as spectactular as it used to be and can't compete with especially Phantasialand, theming-wise (or well, maybe also not in terms of the quality of the coasters, but, me personally, the more praise a coaster gets, the more terrifying I tend to find it, so there's that XD The perfect attraction for me is one that has coaster elements, but not too much and too rough, while also having intriguing dark ride parts; so basically the new attraction, I guess. Another example would be "Arthur" from Europapark -well, almost, if only the animatronics were a tiny bit better ;) ), but it's definitely enjoyable again and it doesn't feel like a wasted day going there (if you brought your own food XD )...

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 6:58 AM, i305isdaddy said:

^ Looks like a fun little ride... I love the Kong interaction right at the end!

I love it, too! And I especially liked that coaster section that went outside, then back into the building.

Great theming for a coaster everybody can ride.

• 9 months later...

For a summer Sunday visit (6/26), what's the recommended way to start my day: should I head left and start with Star Trek? Or go right and head straight to the Studio Tour? I'm guessing that whichever one I don't do first will be one of my longer lines later in the day, and neither is available on the Gold Speedy Pass (the Platinum doesn't look like it's being offered). Or do crowds at Movie Park Germany do weird things?

This park seems to be a mix of incredibly-themed unique attractions and a bunch of off-the-shelf rides you can find at a dozen other parks. I'm obviously going to try to ride all the coasters. And despite how much I hate doing water rides in street clothes, it looks like their water rides are among those highly-themed must-do attractions. What else should I put on my short-list of priorities?

Any other tips/tricks for getting the most out of a visit to this park?

^ Movie Park is certainly home to some unique attractions but, personally, it's a half-day park.  Go across the street to Schlossbeck and do everything you possibly can.  It's tiny but honestly I had way more fun there than at Movie Park.

2 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ Movie Park is certainly home to some unique attractions but, personally, it's a half-day park.  Go across the street to Schlossbeck and do everything you possibly can.  It's tiny but honestly I had way more fun there than at Movie Park.

I don't mind terribly if it ends up being a shorter park day. With as many things as I've got jammed into this trip (and the 3.5 hour drive to Heide Park after I leave), I'll probably be glad to not need the whole day to experience the park.

I did check out that other park, but it looks like most of their attractions are child-sized, so I'm not really sure what all I'd be able to do there.

^ Don't underestimate the fun you can have at Schlossbeck park.

There are a few "DIY" rides that are pretty cool, even for adults. The food offered there, is pretty good, too.

F_06DoItYourselfRides_Schlossbeck.jpg.ed8f16ec66f76f53de436e023a92e6ea.jpg

Shlossbeck Park. TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

F_07CoasterBehindBars_Schlossbeck.jpg.be6956f1c107e8a80eed09dab7714697.jpg

And they did have a coaster credit there, to ride.

14 hours ago, coasterBro said:

I did check out that other park, but it looks like most of their attractions are child-sized, so I'm not really sure what all I'd be able to do there.

It is more sized towards children but there are so many death-trap contraptions there that you won't find in the US.  They have self-operated boat-jumping into malaria lake.  They have a self-operated weird squirrel-cage thing that you flip over and over slowly while it goes in a circle.  They have self-operated zip lines over malaria river.  They have self-operated pirate ship swings. There's a whole playground-centric portion full of metal death that you need to try everything. Don't do what I did, though, and climb into one of the contraptions with friends around.  I got bum-rushed while on a spinny-tilty thing, like ten TPR members all started spinning the thing faster and faster while I was on the inside.  It was awesome!!!!

Seriously, watch this video.  That's my unlucky ass in the thumbnail -

• Haha 1