TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Wait does the flying snake dive lead straight in to that barrel roll? That's gonna be nuts.

No, I guess not. If you look at the arrows in the picture below, you can see that the train enters the 'flying snake dive' in the opposite way than you were thinking. At least, that's my guess

arrow.thumb.jpg.c5e180832ab8dc0019a340bea4e319f6.jpg

Wait does the flying snake dive lead straight in to that barrel roll? That's gonna be nuts.

No, I guess not. If you look at the arrows in the picture below, you can see that the train enters the 'flying snake dive' in the opposite way than you were thinking. At least, that's my guess

That still looks like it's gonna knock the g-forces out of my soul.

Interested in seeing how the trains look like now. The track looks more like lost gravity but there are four restraint release in the station so I guess they are going for four car trains, two car trains for double dispatch or they are offering something brand new like four across seating trains.

I doubt we'll see Big Dipper trains since the brake run only seems to have catwalks to the right while Lost Gravity has catwalks on both sides.

Interested in seeing how the trains look like now. The track looks more like lost gravity but there are four restraint release in the station so I guess they are going for four car trains, two car trains for double dispatch or they are offering something brand new like four across seating trains.

No, it has 5 restrain releases, you can see part of one at the bottom-right of the screen... Also, it will have regular Mack mega coaster trains because if it was 4 across, then the catwalks would be further away from the track to compliment it...

I am planning on going to Germany this summer. I was originally planning on skipping this park, but this coaster may have changed my mind!

This is pretty much me exactly. I was originally thinking Plopsaland de Panne (close to Calais), Toverland, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill and Holiday Park but now I am just stuck whether to remove Plopsaland or Toverland to go to Movie Park Germany. May end up just going to all 3 though - in the ideal world!

I doubt we'll see Big Dipper trains since the brake run only seems to have catwalks to the right while Lost Gravity has catwalks on both sides.

Very valid point.

Ride stats revealed in the video:

Top speed - About 90 km/h

Max. height - 40 meters

Length - 720 meters

Ride time - 144 seconds (2:24)

Elements include:

1 G LSM launch

30m top hat

Heartline roll

Immelmann

100-degree banked curve

3 air time hills

270-degree helix

Zero-G-Roll

Still don't understand the two tube track with no diagonal ties, what's the deal with that?

I guess, using my engineering degree from Enthusiast University, that there's probably going to be basically no forces on that section of track so they've tried to save a little bit of steel and a bit of money?

Still don't understand the two tube track with no diagonal ties, what's the deal with that?

More than likely the ride will not be programmed for the train to rise to that height. I'm willing to bet the rear car will barely reach the area just bellow that section. Most shuttle coasters are designed in the same fashion, making that area and the bumper fail-safes in case of an overspeed. In addition, with a largely unsupported area, the less weight up there, the better. It should prevent any unwanted fatigue from normal swaying of the structure when its under dynamic loads.