TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like, seriously awesome! They took the King Kong 360 technology and expanded on it in a HUGE way! Huge congratulations to Movie Park Germany! I can't wait to get back and give this a try myself!

I also love the surprise at the very end.

I've been to Movie Park yesterday and the Lost Temple was in pre-opening, so I could ride it! I've ridden it twice, both with the speedy pass. It's very well done, especially for the relatively low budget of 5 million euro's! The queue and pre-shows are amazing, the ride itself is unfortunately not that good (imo), because of the poor 3-D quality. The movement of the vehicles are great! What's also a anticlimax is the ending. You're in the middle of dinosaurs and the next moment you're back. What happened to dr. Carther? In the queue and pre-shows you're traveling down to 700 metres below the surface, and when you exit you're back in less than 10 steps!

Nevertheless it's a great addition for Movie Park!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Movie park Germany has some interesting plans, They applied for a 45 meter high (147,6 feet) coaster for 2017.

This is the second time they announced they planned to make a coaster this big but the last time Parques Reunidos stopped the plan. This time however they seem to finally let it happen. The park has already stated they don't plan on letting anything out right now. This coaster should be build next to the entrance of the park.

Source.

I have to say I'm happy about this news. Movie park Germany is a really nice park but sometimes I require a little push to go there. Well this is just the right push for me to go in 2017 again. I really hope they pull it off this time.

• 1 month later...
^Wasn't part of the reason Bandit was so rough because the trains destroyed the track over time? I thought that the Premier trains on Son of Beast did the same thing to the ride, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the root of the problem here.

The ride was rough from the get-go.

And it had Intamin-trains in its first season. Not the ones you can find on rides like Colossos and El Toro today, but an older design, PTC-like.

2954822_1_Holzachterbahn_Movie_Park_FARBE.thumb.jpg.dec870e87b8b88df15ab1d79052fc136.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow they're further then I expected them to be. Saw a crane picture on a German forum a few days ago but expected that was for land clearing still (sounds so silly now, you need bulldozers for land clearing not a crane ). This promises some nice updates on German forums.

• 1 month later...
Bandit's real problem is that it hasn't been replaced with something good.

I think we need to get some woodpeckers, beavers and crazy axe wielding maniacs to destroy the rides in a violent wood chopping fury! Then replace it with something good like new toilets.

Also how did I miss this new ride? It looks pretty awesome to me. Mack have been producing some really solid rides recently so I'm sure this will be exactly the same.

• 1 month later...